One of the best ways to save at Target is to take advantage of their incredible clearance deals. Not only do some clearance products trigger currently running gift card promotions, but you can stack coupons and Cartwheel with the already reduced price. All Target inventory goes through a markdown phase that is in set increments: 15%, 30%, 50%, 70% and so on, up to 90%. Here’s the unofficial markdown schedule so you’ll know exactly when to look for the best deals:
- Monday: Baby items, children’s clothing, electronics and office supplies/gift wrap/stationery
- Tuesday: Home décor, women’s clothing and domestic items
- Wednesday: Food, health and beauty items, men’s clothing, toys and garden items
- Thursday: Lingerie, housewares, sporting goods, shoes and luggage
- Friday: Cosmetics, jewelry, hardware, automotive and home improvement
Here’s what I was able to find this week at my store. Keep in mind, clearance inventory can vary by location:
Tip: See a product you want? Before heading to the store, check clearance inventory online. Go to Brickseek.com and enter the product DPCI and your zip code. The DPCI is the nine-digit number on the clearance tag. Here you can find which stores in your area carry that product, the current price and how many they have in stock. Happy hunting!