This is one way to save big at Sephora this holiday season! Through December 31, spend $10.00 on Sephora.com and get $10.00 back when you join TopCashback–no code needed. Just make the purchase, and you’ll get a full rebate back within 14 days of your purchase. As one way to save, we spotted a variety of Beauty Gift Sets for $10.00–essentially scoring these sets for free!
Please note this is for new members only. If you’re already a member, have your spouse or kids create an account to claim this freebie.
TopCashback is free to join and earns you tons of cash back on future purchases. Check out how to join and save big below.
Here’s how to claim this deal:
- Click this link through our post and create your TopCashback account.
- Click on the “Get Offer Now” button on TopCashback.com, and it’ll take you to Sephora.com. Note: If you go to Sephora.com in a new tab, the deal will not work.
- Add any items totaling $10.00+ (excluding gift cards and shipping) to your cart.
- Shop and check out as normal. If the price changes or the item goes out of stock, the deal is over. Save on shipping by selecting free in-store pickup.
- About 14 days after your purchase, you’ll see $10.00 posted to your TopCashback account.
Transactions must contain at least $10.00 worth of purchases to ensure the $10.00 cash back is credited to TopCashback accounts. Transactions may initially track lower, but within the 14 days after purchase it will be uplifted and turn payable at the amount of $10.00. Transactions may take up to seven days to appear in your TopCashback account. The deal is open until 11:59 p.m. PT on 12/31/2017 or until supplies run out, whichever happens first; applicable for purchases made directly after clicking through TopCashback. Only one TopCashback account is permitted per member.
Note: We’ve heard that some readers have had problems receiving a full refund. Rest assured, we have spoken directly with TopCashback. They will be watching comments on our posts and will be reaching out directly to all of you who have had issues in the past. They have confirmed that previous system issues have been fixed and that, moving forward, you shouldn’t have any problems with receiving full refunds.