KCL’s mission is to make it easy to shop smarter, so our team has gathered the 10 top trending purchase categories for the month of May based on top-viewed posts, bestselling products, and data from Google. To help you shop smarter in June, let’s take a look back at what was trending last month:
1. Face Masks and Hand Sanitizer
Face masks and hand sanitizers have been a top seller for the last few months. They’re still hard to come by and usually sell out fast, but a lot of companies have pivoted their production to assist with the demand. Be sure to check out the KCL Coronavirus Content Hub for information on store closures, reopenings, shopping tips, and more.
- Suave Released a Hand Sanitizer Spray on Amazon
- Pre-Order Disney Face Masks for $5 Each
- New Bath & Body Works Hand Sanitizers in Stock
- Cloth Masks in Stock at Forever 21
2. Water Parks, Floats, and Pools
Two words: water park. Our readers went crazy over the Splash and Slide Inflatable Water Slide at Sam’s Club (pictured above) in May of 2019 and 2020, and coming in a close second was the Banzai Splash Park at Kohl’s. Unfortunately they’re out of stock right now, but our team is keeping a close eye on the inventory. Pool floats and above-ground pools were also a big hit:
- $4 Pool Floats at Target
- Best Way Sea Pals Spray Pool, Only $34.99 at Costco
- Giant Unicorn Pool Float Island, Only $170 at Sam’s Club
3. Home Chef
Meal kit companies saw an increase in subscriptions last month, and Home Chef was the favorite among our readers. Even better — the $80 off Home Chef meal subscription ($20 off each of your first four orders) is still available. If you select three meals per week for two people, that works out to $6.62 per meal and qualifies for free shipping. This offer is only available to new customers purchasing Home Chef meal delivery plans.
Here’s how to save $20 on each of your first four boxes:
- Head to HomeChef.com through our link and click “Redeem Offer” at the top of the page.
- Enter your email address.
- Choose your plan. Specify the number of people you’re cooking for weekly and how many meals you want delivered.
- Specify any dietary restrictions you may have.
- Enter your shipping information and schedule your first delivery.
- Next, you’ll be taken to checkout, where you’ll see the $20 discount applied.
- Shipping is free on orders of $49 or more before coupon discounts.
- After you pay and pick a Wednesday or Friday delivery date, you’ll have the option to select your meals.
4. Patio, Garden, and Home Improvement
We usually see deals on patio products, garden supplies, and home improvement tools ramp up in May, with the best deals during Memorial Day sales. The next big outdoor sale won’t happen until early July, but we expect to see quite a few deals throughout June, so keep an eye on these outdoor deals.
- Request 2 Free Wildflower Seeds Packets
- Propane Gas Grills, as Low as $144 on Walmart.com
- Propane Patio Heaters, as Low as $99 on Walmart.com
5. Nectar Mattresses
Mattress sales increased last month as shoppers took advantage of Memorial Day markdowns. The popular Nectar mattress sale was only supposed to last through Memorial Day, but it’s been extended. Save hundreds on premium memory foam mattresses, and receive $399 worth of free products with each order. Nectar offers free shipping on all orders, and each mattress comes with a 365-night home trial and a forever warranty.
- Twin $499 (reg. $898) + $399 of free accessories
- Twin XL $569 (reg. $968) + $399 of free accessories
- Full $699 (reg. $1,098) + $399 of free accessories
- Queen $799 (reg. $1,198) + $399 of free accessories
- King or Cal King $999 (reg. $1,398) + $399 of free accessories
6. Bikes and Outdoor Toys
Stores are having a hard time keeping bikes in stock. While we typically see an uptick in bike sales in May, they’ve been extra popular this year due to stay-at-home orders. See the latest bicycle deals. Outdoor toys are also selling out.
Cricut machines were super popular last month, and we saw price drops at retailers such as Michaels, Amazon, Walmart, Joann, and Cricut.com. The crafting community came together to use Cricut machines to cut face masks for the healthcare frontline and essential workers, which contributed to sales. Stay tuned for the next available Cricut deals
8. YETI Coolers
The best time to get a YETI cooler on sale is June and July at Dick’s Sporting Goods. Want to make sure you don’t miss the next YETI deal we post on KCL? Download the Krazy Coupon Lady app, tap the “hamburger” icon (the three lines in the upper right corner), and then tap “Notifications.” Next, tap the gear icon on the upper right side of the screen and turn on push alert notifications for YETI.
Hubble is changing the contacts game by offering high-quality contacts at an affordable price shipped right to your home. Sign up for Hubble Contacts and get them delivered to your door for $1 plus shipping. This offer is for new members enrolling in a Hubble Contacts subscription.
10. Robotic Vacuums
We saw an increase in robotic vacuum purchases in May, with the best deals available at Target and Amazon. See the latest vacuum deals, or download the Krazy Coupon Lady app and sign up to receive push alert notifications for vacuum deals.