July 15 is the last day to file your taxes, and you can get your maximum refund for free online with Credit Karma Tax. This streamlined filing process includes an accurate calculations guarantee and free audit defense for total peace of mind.
Credit Karma Tax is always 100% free. It’s $0 to file both state and federal tax returns. Even if you’re taking deductions or credits, it won’t cost you a penny — ever.
About Credit Karma Tax
Credit Karma Tax supports the most common forms and schedules. For example, if you receive 1099 income, they can handle a dozen different types of 1099s, including those for interest income (1099-INT), certain government payments (1099-G), canceled debt (1099-C), and miscellaneous types of income (1099-MISC).
They also support schedules for common tax situations, like the following:
- Itemizing deductions (Schedule A)
- Reporting business profits or losses (Schedule C)
- Claiming the child tax credit (Schedule 8812)
- Claiming earned income credit (Schedule EIC)
- Smart File: Their filing process shows you only the sections that you need to file based on your tax situation. And if you’re a simple filer, you can upload your W-2 information just by taking a photo.
- Audit Defense: They automatically check their calculations for accuracy. But just in case, you’ll also receive Audit Defense free of charge.
- 24/7 Live Chat: Their tax product specialists are available online around the clock to help you with your filing questions.
- Max Refund Guarantee: If you get a bigger refund or owe less in federal taxes when filing an amended return through another online tax prep service, they’ll pay you the difference up to $100 ($25 minimum).
- Accurate Calculations Guarantee: They’ll reimburse you up to $1,000 in the event the IRS or state tax authority penalizes you due to a Credit Karma Tax calculation error.
- Easy to Switch: Save time by easily importing last year’s return from H&R Block, TurboTax, or TaxAct.
How to file your taxes for free:
- Go to Credit Karma Tax and click “File Now.”
- Create an account.
- Enter your personal information to confirm your identity.
- Start filing.