12 Incredible Rubber Band Uses That Will Blow Your Mind
1. Keep clothes from slipping off hangers.
2. Open jars.
Open a jar using two rubber bands—one on the lid and the other around the jar for better grip.
3. Keep a cutting board from slipping.
4. Keep doors from locking.
I do this all the time to keep my little ones from locking themselves in.
5. Create the perfect French manicure.
Tie a rubber band in the middle and use it as a guide to paint the perfect French tips. Use a different rubber band (or a different part of the same rubber band) for each nail to keep your tips neat. Apply small amounts of polish at a time for best results.
6. Unscrew stripped screws.
Don’t panic if the grooves on a screw have been stripped. Place a rubber band over the head before inserting a screwdriver. Firmly turn the screwdriver to remove the screw.
7. Limit kids’ soap use.
Twist rubber bands around the pump nozzle so only a limited amount of soap will dispense.
8. Mark glasses at a party.
9. Keep a wobbly shower caddy still.
Because nobody wants to worry about soap falling down in the shower.
10. Keep a book together while traveling.
11. Prevent a mixing spoon from falling into a bowl full of food.
12. Keep a sliced apple from browning.