How to Get Things for Free at Walgreens
Can you get free stuff at Walgreens? Abso-freakin’-lutely.
You just gotta know where to look and what to do to come away with all the Walgreens freebies. Watch closely.
1. Try out makeup at Walgreens for free.
It’s not like Sephora where they’ll give you a sample to take home, but you can try out that makeup you’ve been eyeing for the past month out BEFORE you buy it. Most Walgreens have testers in their makeup area, but a beauty location will have someone to help you test out any makeup.
2. Watch for photo freebies like the free 8×10 print at least once every two months.
Walgreens has an offer out for a free 8×10 print about every months or two. They only allow one per customer, so get your spouse or buddy to make an account and order a second one through them!
TIP: They also have promotions for 5-10 free 4×6 photos at least four times a year to look out for.
3. Get free vitamins during Walgreens’ popular BOGO sale.
Save up to 50% on vitamins when you shop at Walgreens! One of their most common deals is a BOGO vitamin sale.
4. Check the monthly ad for the B2G1 sale of the month.
You can grab a monthly Walgreens ad at the front of the store when you walk in. Walgreens typically has a deal every month where if you buy two of an item, you can get the third free. Body care products typically go on sale this way.
5. Get any item up to $5 for free when you redeem Balance Rewards.
If you shop Walgreens, you’re probably earning points whether you know it or not. You can see how many points you have by logging in to your Walgreens app, or next time you shop, watch the pin pad at the register after you put in your phone number at checkout. To redeem, let the cashier know when you’re ready to check out so they can prompt the pin pad to ask you how many points you’d like to redeem.
6. Get free shipping when you spend over $35, or ship to store from Walgreens.com.
7. Get a free seasonal flu shot with most health insurance.
All you have to do is schedule an appointment or walk into a Walgreens, ask at the pharmacy counter, and show them proof of insurance. No copay will be required.
If you don’t have insurance, however, flu shots will cost you around $40.00, but you can use Balance Rewards to help pay.
8. Stack coupons and rebates to get free or better-than-free deals.
9. About once a month, candy is completely free after Register Reward.
About every other month we see Register Reward promotions pop up for a full price bag of candy when you buy a bag of candy on sale for $1.99. The most popular brands for these are typically Black Forest gummies, Now & Later chewy candies and Trolli gummies.
10. Look for overlapping rebates and rewards to make Crest mouthwash and toothpaste free.
Usually, the best time to buy both mouthwash and toothpaste is when there is a coupon as well as an Ibotta offer. These are often great ways to get moneymakers.
11. Stack manufacturer coupons and in-store promos for free shampoo and conditioner.
Like mouthwash deals, hair care is best bought when you can combine coupons with rebates.