This article is sponsored by NetSpend
We all have different ways of managing our household finances, and lately, people have been turning to prepaid cards as a simple, off-the-shelf option.
The NetSpend Prepaid Card is one of the big players in the prepaid debit card space.
Spend some time with their cards and you’ll see there’s a lot to like. Here are 6 things that jump out:
1. Simple budgeting tools can help you stay on track.
Keeping track of where and how money is spent isn’t always easy. That’s what makes the NetSpend Card so great! You can easily track every dime you spend and how you spend it. By visiting the Online Account Center, you can create budgets to plan spending or simply track where you’re spending. Choose from some predefined categories like:
- Bills and household
- Clothing and personal care
Whatever your particular needs are, keep tabs easily and make adjustments where you see fit. You can even get an overview of how well you are meeting budget goals with the budget scorecard and set up budget notifications that are sent directly to your phone!1
2. Put money aside the simple way.
Each NetSpend Card comes with an optional Savings Account at no cost.*2
In the Online Account Center, you can set up a Savings Account and start saving today. Netspend couldn’t have made it simpler:
- You can make instant transfers between your NetSpend Card Account to your NetSpend Savings Account.
- Or you can set up AutoSave Automatic Transfers to automatically have a set amount transferred to your NetSpend Savings Account each time you load funds to your NetSpend Card Account.
Their savings goals are also a handy way for you to monitor your progress towards a big purchase.
3. You can get cash back on everyday purchases.
NetSpend has a feature called Payback RewardsSM2 that lets you earn cash back, and it’s fantastic!
Basically, you’ll receive offers from things like stores and restaurants. Just accept the offer in the Online Account Center, then use your card, and the money gets automatically credited to your card account.
Some of the great offers came from Starbucks, Hilton, Whole Foods and Nordstrom Rack to name just a few!**
4. Virtual card numbers help deter fraud.
When you’re using a card for online or over-the-phone purchases, you run a greater risk that your information may be compromised.
NetSpend has a smart feature where you can generate a virtual card number, use that to make your purchase, and then cancel that card number when you’re done so it can never be used again.
This is a great way to help keep your funds safe!
5. You get to personalize your card.
One of the best parts of any card is making it your own.
NetSpend offers the option to personalize your prepaid card with a favorite photo or a passport-style image for extra security. Image guidelines and Custom Card Fee apply.
Or, if you want, you can add a passport-style image to the card for extra security.
6. You can save a trip to the bank.
NetSpend has a mobile app that lets you monitor your card account and manage your money from a smartphone. It’s really helpful when you’re on the go.
You can even load checks straight to your Card Account by taking a couple of pictures.3 That means you can manage your money wherever you are and save yourself some unnecessary trips to the bank.
All in all, NetSpend Prepaid cards are a convenient, flexible option to manage money for you and your family.
* No minimum balance necessary to open Savings Account. Because Savings Account funds are withdrawn through the Card Account (maximum 6 such transfers per calendar month), Card Account transaction fees could reduce the interest earned on the Savings Account. To participate in the Savings Account program, you must consent to and continue receiving communications from us in electronic form. If you are subject to Internal Revenue Service backup withholding at the time of your request to open the Savings Account, your request will be declined. The NetSpend Savings Account is made available to NetSpend Cardholders through The Bancorp Bank, BofI Federal Bank, MetaBank®, and Republic Bank & Trust Company, Member FDIC. Card Account and Savings Account funds are FDIC-insured upon verification of your identity. For purposes of the FDIC coverage limit, all funds held on deposit by you at The Bancorp Bank, BofI Federal Bank, MetaBank®, and Republic Bank & Trust Company will be aggregated up to the maximum amount permitted by law upon receipt of funds by the Issuer, provided your card is registered. Coverage limit is currently $250,000.00.
1 No charge for this service, but your wireless carrier may charge for messages or data.
2 NetSpend Payback RewardsTM is an optional program. You may opt-out at any time by visiting your NetSpend Payback Rewards Summary Page at your Online Account Center. The reward offers we choose and send to you are based on your shopping habits. NetSpend will not share any personal information about you with the merchants who sponsor offers. When you activate an offer and make a purchase with the card, the merchant will not know you are a NetSpend Payback Rewards customer, but you will become their customer. For more details about how and when you get rewarded, see the program FAQs, terms and conditions in your Online Account Center. Cash back rewards are credited to your Card Account and are not available in the form of a check or other direct payment method. Program sponsor: NetSpend Corporation. The Bancorp Bank is not affiliated in any way with the program and neither endorses nor sponsors it.
The NetSpend Visa® Prepaid Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank, BofI Federal Bank, MetaBank, and Republic Bank & Trust Company, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. The NetSpend Prepaid Mastercard® is issued by The Bancorp Bank, BofI Federal Bank, MetaBank, and Republic Bank & Trust Company pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated. The Bancorp Bank, BofI Federal Bank, MetaBank, and Republic Bank & Trust Company; Members FDIC.