If you have some last-minute banking to take care of that requires a visit to your local bank branch before Christmas, what do you do? Are you out of luck? Can you get to a teller? Are banks even open on Christmas Eve?
There are lots of fast-food places open on Christmas and restaurants open on Christmas, but are bankers’ hours gonna be favorable on Christmas Eve? To help save you time and frustration, we’ve done the hard work for you.
Download The Krazy Coupon Lady app for the latest holiday hours and savings.
Are Banks Open on Christmas Eve?
Even though Christmas Eve is on a Saturday, we found several banks that’ll be open for at least a few hours on the holiday.
Banks Open on Christmas Eve
Banks that are listed as closed on Christmas Eve are not open because their branches are normally closed on Saturdays. Location hours may vary. We recommend contacting your nearby branch to confirm their Christmas Eve hours.
- Bank of America branches are open Christmas Eve from 9 a.m. to noon.
- BMO locations open on Dec. 24 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Capital One is open from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- Chase Bank locations open at 9 a.m. and close at 2 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
- Citibank branches are open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Citizens Bank is open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Comerica branches that have business hours on Saturdays will operate during regular hours, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Christmas Eve.
- Fifth Third Bank locations open on Christmas Eve from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- First Republic Bank will be closed on Christmas Eve.
- Flagstar Bank will open on Dec. 24 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Huntington National Bank branches are open from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
- KeyBank will be closed on Christmas Eve.
- Mechanics Bank locations will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Dec. 24.
- MidFirst Bank will be open on Christmas Eve from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- PNC Bank branches are open on Dec. 24 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- Regions Bank locations open Christmas Eve at 9 a.m. and close at noon.
- Truist Bank will close on Christmas Eve.
- Union Bank branches open regular hours on Christmas Eve at 9 a.m. and close at 3 p.m.
- United Bank (West Virginia) locations will be open on Christmas Eve from 9 a.m. to noon.
- United Community Bank will open at 9 a.m. and close at noon. on Dec. 24.
- U.S. Bank branches open on Christmas Eve from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Valley Bank (also known as Valley National Bank) will be closed on Dec. 24.
- Washington Federal (WaFd) branches will be closed on Christmas Eve.
- Wells Fargo locations open at 9 a.m. and close at noon on Christmas Eve.
Related: These grocery stores are open on Christmas in case you need a last-minute supermarket run.
Are Banks Closed on Dec. 26?
Since Christmas falls on a Sunday in 2022, banks will be closed to observe the holiday on Monday, Dec. 26. They will reopen and have regular business hours on Tuesday, Dec. 27.
The good news is, even with banks closed for a stretch, you still have tools at your disposal: ATM machines, digital payment methods, and online banking. You can withdraw cash from an ATM, pay for your Christmas haul digitally with apps like Venmo, PayPal, Apple Pay, and Google Pay, monitor your bank accounts, transfer money between accounts, and even pay bills online.
Are Banks Open on New Year’s Day?
New Year’s Day is a Federal Reserve bank holiday, meaning most, if not all, commercial banks will be closed on Jan. 1, 2023. However, since the holiday is on a Sunday, banks will celebrate New Year’s Day on Monday, Jan. 2. Like on Christmas Eve, you’ll find your local branches open, most likely with limited hours.