Sometimes I get so bogged down by looking for the best deals that I forget to keep my eyes peeled for the stuff out there that’s completely free. Good news–that stuff still exists! So here is your ultimate guide to the top 10 things in 2015 that you should be getting for free.
1. Kids eat free
When you have three children like I do—going out to eat seems like a far stretch for your wallet. Luckily, there are about 78 restaurants that offer nights where kids can eat completely free!
- Find out more: Read our article to find out about all 78 restaurants (but remember to check with your local location before taking the neighbor’s kids too).
2. Free shipping
Some of the best deals don’t require that you go to a store (or even get out of your pajamas). I would order everything online if I could, but shipping costs can really ruin a truly great deal! The good news is—you shouldn’t be paying for it.
- Find out more: Read our article to find out about all 61 online stores that offer free shipping. If the store you need to order from isn’t on this list, make sure to double check online for coupon codes!
3. Free access to warehouse clubs
Warehouse clubs like Sam’s Club, Costco and BJ’s all make you pay to shop at their locations. However, anyone can shop at these warehouses for free simply by requesting a day pass at the customer service desk and then paying with a gift card that is specific to the store you’re shopping at (for instance, paying with a Costco Cash Card at Costco).
- Find out more: Watch our video or read our article to find out more about shopping at Costco without the membership fees.
4. Free Amazon Prime
Everyone can get a free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime (which means free shipping, video streaming and a lot more) so everyone should be taking advantage of it!
- Find out more: Sign up for your free Amazon Prime trial here. You can even keep your pantry stocked with the new Amazon Prime Pantry (it’s available only to prime members).
5. Free eBooks and audiobooks
More and more eBooks are wiggling their way into our lives. I still love the feeling of an actual book in my hand, but I have to admit that it’s nice to be able to fit your whole library in your pocket!
- Find out more: Audible offers one free audiobook and a free 30-day trial of their service for first-time users. You can also access a ton of free audiobooks on Librivox (these are always free and open to the public). You can also be alerted of free and discounted eBooks that match your interests with Bookbub.
6. Free gift cards
There are so many ways to earn free gift cards (for stuff you’ll just do anyway) so why not take advantage of all of these ways to get them?
- Find out more: Applications like Ibotta, Snap, and Checkout51 (among others you can read about in this post) will all allow you to earn gift cards just for uploading your receipts. You can also earn gift cards easily with Bing (just for being signed in while you use their search engine).
7. Free video-streaming
Last year I decided to cut the cable and it’s been such a great decision. If you’re unsure about whether this should be your next move or not—then you should give it a try for free!
- Find out more: You can do a trial of video-streaming services for free like Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime Instant Video and Redbox Instant. It’ll also give you time to see if you can cut out that pricey cable bill!
8. Free magazine subscriptions
On occasion you’ll be able to find magazine subscriptions for free or you can get them for free with a little bit of elbow grease!
- Find out more: You can get free subscriptions of various magazines here. You can also fill out a short survey in order to earn free magazine subscriptions here.
9. Free photography sessions
Need to send photos to the grandparents of your newborn baby? Getting married in May? Photography can be so expensive, but you don’t have to pay to keep those memories.
- Find out more: You can search Craigslist for photographers who need to build a portfolio (often they’re completely for free!). If you’re hosting an event like a wedding or a baby shower then you can have others take photos and then post them to a website after the event. Voila! You’ll have keepsake photos for years to come (and they didn’t break the bank!).
10. Personal hygiene items
As a fellow KCL, I’m sure you know of all the other miscellaneous items that you shouldn’t be paying for, but just as a reminder—oral care, travel size items, glucose meters, printer paper and other personal items can be completely free.
- Find out more: Make a vow to not pay for these items in 2015. You pocket will be happier (and your stockpile will stay stocked!).