A catchy domain name such as Flickr.com, Groupon.com, or Pinterest.com is a piece of marketing magic that takes a lifeless IP address and transforms it into a digestible, memorable word or phrase. When you see cleverly named products and websites, do you ever think to yourself, "Hey, I could have come up with that?" If you think you have that creative knack for coming up with great names, then it's time to put your money where your mouth is. At PickyDomains.com, you can turn your creative talents into cash by coming up with cool and memorable names, domains, or slogans.
How It Works:
- Click here to register to become a contributor at PickyDomains. Registration is instant and free.
- Sign in to your account and click on the "available orders" link on the left side of the screen to see the current available orders (requests from clients for names, domains, or slogans). There are typically around 50 orders available for contributors to work on.
- Click on an order that you are interested in and read the client’s background information and parameters for the name.
- After reading over the client information provided in the available order, if you have a good idea, then you can send your suggestion to the client. The client may ignore your suggestion, "like" your suggestion to indicate that you're on the right track, or accept (pick) your suggestion.
- If your suggestion is picked and registered by the client, then you'll get 40-60% of the listed reward amount (averages around $25-$35 depending on your rank and order type). Contributors are paid using PayPal within 72 hours of the client picking and registering your suggested name.
Tips for Contributors:
- PickyDomains suggests that new contributors get started by making 5 suggestions to 20 different available orders (for a total of 100 suggestions). Within 24 hours of submitting your suggestions, clients will give you feedback on your suggestions. If you receive any "likes" on your suggestions, then continue to work on those orders. If your rank grows from 5 to 4 or 3, you’re on the right track. It is important to achieve a good rank as some clients will only accept submissions from contributors who have achieved a certain rank.
- For an idea of what types of contributor suggestions have been selected in the past, peruse the site's list of recently selected names here. Here are some domain names that were recently selected by clients on PickyDomains: TrimChic.com (a fitness blog for girls), WittyNation.com (a site that sells quirky products), and Histamaniacs.com (allergy sufferers forum).
- Before submitting a suggestion for an available order, make sure you carefully read the information provided by the client in the following sections of the available order: detailed brief, desired domain extensions, domain associated keywords, and domain specs.
- The client can't use your suggested name, domain, or slogan if it already exists. As such, make sure to search the web for your suggestion to make sure it is not already in use. For example, you can't suggest the domain ShopSavyy.com for a client who wants a domain name for a sale shopping website since the domain ShopSavvy.com is already in use.
- Contributors may not use any suggestion software or services (i.e., NameTumbler.com or DomainIT.com), including expired domain lists. All suggestions are to be original. If PickyDomains finds out that you are using suggestion software or services or expired domain lists, then you may be banned from using the site.