We all have unwanted items lying around our houses, stuffed in corners or boxes. These items sit and collect dust when they could be doing something else:making money!
Amazon.com has a buy-back program that is simple to use! You can turn your used books, textbooks, video games, DVDs, and other electronics into gift cards that will be deposited into your Amazon.com account. I have used the buy-back program numerous times. It is very easy and earns you money!
- Go to Amazon's Trade-In Store. An Amazon.com account is required to trade in items.
- Search for your item. You need to search to make sure Amazon will accept it. You can search by title, keyword, or ISBN number. When you find the item, click "Trade in.” Make sure that your item meets the exact description of the item listed on Amazon's website or they will not accept it.
- Identify the item’s condition: "New," "Like New," "Good," or "Acceptable."
- Once you have finalized your Trade-In list, choose a shipping method. Amazon will provide a prepaid shipping label for either UPS or the U.S. Postal Service that you can print.
- Submit your Trade In online.
- Box up your items and affix the shipping label. Drop off your package(s) at the appropriate shipping location. Make sure your items are postmarked no later than 7 days after your trade-in submission.
After your submission is accepted, you will receive an Amazon.com gift card for the value of your trade-in items. It will be added to your Amazon.com account within 2 business days. The trade-in value ranges depending on the item. I have earned over $100 trading in old textbooks and DVDs!
There you have it! You have earned money with very little effort and made a little more room in your closet. Take out those items to sell and log on to Amazon's Trade-In Store to get started today!
This has been a guest post by Keri from Slidell, LA
Find out more about the KCL Contributor Network!