Oh wow, this bread is amazing! Who knew such a quick and simple recipe could yield a moist sweet your whole family will love. It’s so delightful that it’ll have your family begging you to make more—you may as well double the recipe and make two loaves!
Cinnamon Roll Bread
2 cups flour – $0.18
1 Tbsp baking powder – $0.15
1/2 tsp salt – $0.01
1/2 cup sugar – $0.15
1 egg at room temperature – $0.11
1 cup milk – $0.19
2 tsp vanilla extract – $0.06
1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream – $0.24
1/3 cup sugar – $0.10
2 tsp cinnamon – $0.18
1 Tbsp water
1/2 cup powdered sugar – $0.15
1 Tbsp milk – $0.02
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a bread pan by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
3. In a small bowl combine egg, milk, vanilla extract, and yogurt or sour cream.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Pour into the loaf pan.
5. In a small bowl, combine the streusel ingredients and then drop by spoonfuls onto the top of the dough. Use a knife to swirl streusel all over and into dough.
6. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7. Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes. While the bread is cooling make the glaze in a small bowl.
8. Remove the bread from the pan and let it cool completely. Once cooled, pour the glaze all over the top of the bread and slice to serve.
Yield: One loaf
Total Cost: $1.54