With more than 250 stores across New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, and Pennsylvania, ShopRite remains a staple grocery chain for Americans across the mid-Alantic. In ShopRite’s recent statement on the COVID-19 pandemic, they shared plans to remain open and additional steps they are taking to make shopping safer for all patrons and employees.
For all the latest on deals and policy changes, download the free Krazy Coupon Lady app.
Here are a few helpful tips for shopping ShopRite during the coronavirus pandemic:
Officially, ShopRite stores remain open for business, but you may want to call ahead if you’re planning a shopping trip. ShopRite’s recent statement on coronavirus practices noted that some stores may be modifying their schedules based on product deliveries, restocking shelves, and additional cleaning.
Information regarding modified store hours will be posted to local ShopRite social media pages.
Senior shopping hours
ShopRite is offering special hours for at-risk Individuals on a store-to-store basis. As stated on their website, some stores may be reserving special shopping hours, while others are establishing separate checkout stations to accommodate elderly and high-risk individuals.
Visit your local store’s social media page for more details about store hours.
ShopRite supply and shopping limits
Like many stores across the country, ShopRite is struggling to keep high-demand items in stock. They’re currently limiting the number of items you can purchase in the following categories:
- Disinfectant cleaners and wipes
- Paper products
- Bar and liquid soaps
- Cough/cold / flu over-the-counter medicines
- Fresh meat and poultry
ShopRite stated they are doing their best to keep stores stocked, but the availability of certain items varies day to day. Stores are restocking every evening based on what they have. They have also suspended all rain checks until further notice.
ShopRite has temporarily suspended their refund and return policy, effective March 25. All sales are final unless they are defective, damaged, or spoiled.
ShopRite pickup and delivery
Customers can still schedule curbside pickup and home delivery with ShopRite from Home but should expect significant delays. Many stores are booked at least five days out for both pickup and delivery service, though the company says it’s working to increase capacity and expand available time slots.
If you’re trying to place an order for pickup or delivery, here are a few tips from ShopRite:
- If you reserve a time slot at the start of your order, it will be held for approximately one hour. If your order is not completed in that time, it will be opened back up to other shoppers. Contact-center representatives are unable to open additional time slots or restore your original time slot.
- Double-check that you have received a conformation email to ensure your order was received by the store.
- If you need to alter your order, you’ll have approximately 90 minutes to change your order and hold your current time slot.
- ShopRite has suspended the use of reusable bags. Online orders will be bagged in plastic or paper bags only, and bag fees may still apply to your order.
- If your order is filled incorrectly or items are damaged or missing, contact ShopRite and they will forward your message to the correct store for followup.
ShopRite charges a $5 service fee for finding and packing groceries. Curbside pickup includes a $5.95 fee, and deliveries include a $6.95 fee (orders over $150 are free). Some ShopRite weekly circular deals include free pickup or delivery, so keep an eye out for any additional free pickup and delivery offers.
ShopRite jobs and staffing
ShopRite is actively hiring for in-store associates across the mid-Atlantic. New and existing employees will make an extra $2 per hour, effective March 22. Associates may also receive enhanced sick leave, and attendance policies have been reworked for financial and health concerns. Those interested in applying can visit ShopRite careers for more information.
How to coupon at ShopRite
You can use manufacturer coupons, digital coupons, and ShopRite Super Coupons at ShopRite. Even better, most ShopRite locations will double manufacturer coupons up to $0.99. Sign up for a Price Plus Card on ShopRite.com to easily load digital coupons and get sale prices.
But before you head into the store, make sure to download the Krazy Coupon Lady app and set deal alerts for the items you frequently buy. We’ll show you where to get the best prices!