Trying to lighten up your diet? Try this delicious, easy-to-make orange chicken—you may find you like it even more than the greasy takeout version!
Orange Chicken Stir-Fry
1/2 cup orange juice
2 Tbs soy sauce
2 Tbs white rice vinegar
1 Tbs orange zest
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbs honey
3 chicken breasts, cubed
Salt & pepper
3 Tbs cornstarch
2 Tbs olive oil
1/2 cup onion, chopped
4 cups chopped vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots, snap peas, mushrooms, etc. (I purchased a fresh bag of stir-fry vegetables in the produce department at Walmart.)
4 cups minute rice
1. Combine all sauce ingredients in a blender and blend for one minute. Pour into a saucepan and cook 5 minutes over medium heat. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add cornstarch and massage into chicken until all pieces are covered.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onions and chicken; stir over medium-high heat until cooked through.
4. Cook fresh or frozen vegetables on stovetop or in microwave until crisp-tender.
5. Add cooked vegetables to chicken and onion mixture. Cook and stir 2 minutes.
6. Pour sauce over stir-fry and stir. Serve over rice.
Serves 4 to 6
Total Cost: $8.73