This new Walgreens loyalty program is NOT replacing the Walgreens Register Rewards program.
Now that I have allayed any feelings of utter dread and panic, here are some things we know about a new program, Balance Rewards, coming to Walgreens next month. I’ll report back with more information as soon as I can. Ch-Ch-Changes! Doo doo doo doo doo, Ch-Ch-Changes . . . . (Thank you, David Bowie, for giving us the perfect song in this season of changes at Walgreens.)
- The Balance Rewards program rewards you for shopping at Walgreens and for making healthy choices by awarding you points. These points will be attached to a Balance Rewards card, starting September 16th.
- Points can be earned and redeemed by making purchases in store and online.
- You can sign up for the card from September 2-15 online, by clicking Balance Rewards. Beginning September 16th, you can sign up at your local Walgreens store.
- Points will not expire as long as you shop at Walgreens at least once every six months and redeem your points within three years.
- You CAN use the Register Reward program in conjunction with the Balance Rewards program. (Breathe a sigh or relief!)
I’m awaiting more details as to what this program fully entails and what the points can be redeemed for. You’ll know when I know! Stay tuned!