Gather those cobwebs, pumpkins, and witches’ hats because Halloween is just around the corner!
There’s no need to dip into the Halloween candy fund to buy decorations.
It’s easy to make Halloween decor at home using what’s likely already around the house. It’s a great way to use those extra tomato cages, old holiday lights, and old sheets.This project is also ideal to do with children.
These Halloween lawn ghosts add some fun, spooky characters to your front yard. Just in time for little trick-or-treaters!
DIY Halloween Lawn Ghosts
- 33’’ wire tomato cage ($1.97 at Lowe’s if you don’t have one on hand already)
- White sheet or 6 x 9 canvas drop cloth (grab an old sheet from the linen closet, or $9.97 at Walmart)
- Permanent marker
- White/clear Christmas lights or rope lights
- Wrap the cage with the lights.
- Cut the drop cloth to about 41/2 X 7 feet.
- Place the drop cloth over the cage and lights.
- Use the permanent marker to draw a face on the ghost.
- Plug in the lights and scare some kids!