I’m a jewelry lover. There, I admitted it. I haven’t gone over the edge to hoarding …yet. But I have built up quite an earring collection. I have found that it is difficult to keep track of and organize my earrings, especially those chandelier styles that seem to get tangled, broken and sometimes lost! I needed a holder of some sort. I found this cute version at Amazon.com for $25, and another for nearly $55.
Now, I’m a Krazy Coupon Lady, so I need to be frugal and organized. I found a chic and cheap way to display my earring collection for about $3 each.
- A picture frame of any shape, size or color
- Plastic canvas (available at any craft store)
- Pen or marker
Here’s a good option for 8 x 11 plastic canvas at Jo-Ann Fabric (2 sheets for $2.99). Find frames at yard sales and estate sales for less than $1. My local church carnival had a flea market that had a few wonderful frames for less than $1. Some frames may need a bit of TLC. Paint them fun colors to spice them up for kids or teens. If you want to buy new, here’s a simple contemporary 8 x 10 solid frame from Walmart for $6.41.
- Open the frame and remove the glass.
- Place the glass on the plastic canvas. It is easier to line up two sides, so you will only need to cut two sides.
- Trace the glass on the plastic canvas.
- Cut the plastic canvas to size and insert into the frame.
- Insert the glass behind the canvas and replace the backing.
- Hang on wall or use frame stand.
- Add earrings and enjoy!
This has been a guest post by Samantha from Pittsburgh, PA
Find out more about the KCL Contributor Network!