An average gym membership can run as high as $100 per month. A single Pilates or TurboFit class can cost$10! That’ll keep your body in shape but it is hardly a recipe for financial fitness. It could be tempting to just stay at home on the couch. We Krazy Coupon gals and guys don’t get discouraged, right? We just look for a better deal!
Nothing can beat free. There are tons of online resources that provide free workout and exercise videos to watch and participate with right from the comfort of your home. No need to fancy up and head to the gym, and no need to whip out your checkbook for a hefty membership fee.
Here are free online fitness resources:
1. WorkOutz.com: This site offers exercises for every body part and for people of all fitness levels. Start simple, or view the more extensive videos that use a variety of workout materials, including resources for strength training and developing flexibility. This site is comprehensive; download the videos to your iPod or iPhone!
2. Physicalfitnet.com: This site was created for fitness professionals, but the site designers decided to extend their services to the rest of us. The site hosts over 800 videos. Just click on a body part to view exercise videos for the corresponding muscle group. Simple!
3. Pilatesonfifth.com: One of my faves! This site allows you to get a Fifth Avenue Pilates workout without a Manhattan pricetag! Katherine and Kimberly Corp, former Radio City Rockettes, created this site, which offers hundreds of free Pilates and Pilates-evolved workouts. Many of the exercises use the stability ball. The exercises are constantly updated. You can subscribe for free with iTunes or with YouTube!
4. Fitness Magazine: This site is brought to you by the namesake magazine and features a variety of free fitness videos. Choose from abs, legs, arms, and more. Intensity varies, so you can choose what works for your fitness level.
5. Six Pack Factory: Who doesn’t want a great six-pack stomach? This site offers free videos that focus on stomach muscles so you can be ready for bathing suit weather. Choose from a variety of levels! There is even a video perfect for someone without a lot of space to work out in. Great for apartment dwellers!
6. Slim Tree: This site offers several full length workout routines. Choose from Yoga, Pilates, Aerobics, Kickboxing and more. They even have a 10 minute warm-up video so you can prep for the routine to come.
7. Prevention Magazine: This site offers a huge variety of exercise videos for you to check out for free! Hundreds of videos are there for your browsing so you can work on tightening your abs, stretching, your cardio routine, and more. This site is super-easy to navigate.
8. YouTube: Last but not least, if you are looking for a specific exercise, you can head to Youtube.com. Just remember, anyone can post a video to Youtube.com so you may not be getting professional advice.
If you are tired of (or just can’t afford) shelling out extra cash for gym memberships, consider using these online resources. That’s a healthy move for you and your wallet.