Groupon, the original travel deal site, offers dozens of travel specials each week, with savings often exceeding 50 percent. This week, the offers range from a charming resort in Daytona Beach to an upscale inn on Cape Cod to a bed and breakfast inn in Carmel-by-the-Sea. Groupon is now offering a variety of closing dates, not just the traditional Tuesday at 11:59 p.m. Because of that, we’re going to start listing the closing time with each deal. Keep in mind, these escapes are becoming more and more popular. Some of this week’s offers are already sold out. If you see something you like, be sure to act quickly.
Below are the highlights of this week’s Groupon travel specials:
- Daytona Beach – Two nights’ accommodations Sunday through Thursday for two adults in a standard king or queen room at the historic August Seven bed and breakfast inn in Daytona Beach, Florida for $109 (a $319 value.) That’s a 66 percent savings. The Groupon also includes continental breakfast daily. Book by July 24, 2012; travel by July 26, 2012. The Groupon deal must be purchased by February 21, 2012 at 11:59 p.m.
- Las Vegas - One night’s accommodation Sunday through Thursday for two adults in a club room at the new Tropicana Resort on the Strip in Las Vegas for $110 (a $235 value.) The Groupon also includes a bottle of wine. Book by March 31, 2012; travel by May 31, 2012; several blackout dates apply. This Groupon deal must be purchased by February 18, 2012 at 11:59 p.m.
- Smoky Mountains - Two nights’ accommodations for two adults and up to two kids in a suite at the Balsam Mountain Inn in the Great Smoky Mountains for $169 (a $290 value.) The Groupon also includes breakfast daily. Book and travel by May 25, 2012. The Groupon deal must be purchased by February 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m.
- Nashville - One night’s accommodation for two adults and up to one child in a superior king room at the historic Millenium Maxwell Hotel in downtown Nashville for $99 (a $208 value.) Book and travel by February 29, 2012. Several blackout dates apply. The Groupon deal must be purchased by February 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m.
- Carmel-by-the-Sea - Two nights’ accommodations for two people at the Cobblestone Inn in Carmel-by-the-Sea, California for $209 (a $350 value.) The Groupon also includes breakfast daily and a nightly wine and cheese reception. Book and travel by October 31, 2012. The Groupon deal must be purchased by February 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m.
- Cape Cod – One night’s accommodation for up to two people in the Painted Lady or Abbey room Sunday through Thursday at the Belfry Inne and Bistro in Sandwich, Massachusetts along Cape Cod for $139 (a $310 value.) The Groupon also includes a $35 dining credit. Book and travel by July 1, 2012. Several blackout dates apply. The Groupon deal must be purchased by February 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m.
Closing times for these travel deals vary. See the individual paragraph for the closing time. For more information and/or to purchase your Groupon, follow this link. The terms on each Groupon offer are slightly different. Be sure to read the fine print page before you complete the transaction. Please note that last week most of the Groupon Getaway specials sold out. Be sure to buy yours early if you see something that interests you.
Have you used a Groupon to save money on a vacation?