- Do you love, love, love couponing but have enough toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, bodywash and maybe even laundry and dishwasher detergent for your family for a year!?!??
- Is your husband complaining about how large your stockpile is getting?
- Do you have enough for your family but just hate to miss a “krazy deal”?
If you answered YES to one or more of these questions, you are a diagnosed KRAZY COUPON LADY!
I suggest you start “Couponing for Charity”. There are tons of worthwhile organizations that will happily take your deals off your hands. It’s a fun way to give back to our communities without it costing too much other than time and sales tax. In the last couple of years I have donated over 500 full size toiletry items to my church, who has passed it on to worthwhile shelters, homeless organizations, etc. Couponing has allowed me to pack up a couple grocery bags at different times full of food and toiletries to families I know might be in need. I regularly drop off some bags to single moms that I know who struggle to make ends meet. What an easy way to give back and satisfy our couponing addictions! Here’s a list of ideas of where you can pass off some of your “extras”:
- Homeless shelters
- Battered women shelters
- Senior Resource centers-My filled-up bin is ready to drop off at our local center–people on a fixed income need a break, right?
- Single moms
- Neighbors or Friends who are unemployed
- Food banks
- Church organizations
I know we have a great group of kind hearted Krazy Couponing Ladies (and Gents) out there! So when you are out shopping and don’t need an item for your stockpile, consider picking it up anyway, and start a bin or shelf for charity! How has couponing allowed you to help others?