The US department of labor is reporting the average price of a gallon of whole milk at $3.52 (as of Oct 2012), the highest it’s been since January 2012. Finding milk coupons can be difficult, and to make matters worse, some states including Colorado, Maine, Missouri and North Dakota have dairy regulations which prohibit the distribution of milk coupons.
Finding coupons for milk is possible, if you know where to look. Keep in mind, most dairy suppliers are local companies–great for the local farmer, not the couponer. Regional dairy suppliers are less likely to distribute manufacturer coupons than national brands. To find coupons for milk, begin by looking at national brands, then look at your local brands, and finally consider non-dairy options where coupons are most plentiful! Remember to always check our Coupons page, where we aggregate all of these coupons for you in one alphabetical list! See all milk coupons.
Coupons for Milk: national brands
Coupons for Milk: regional brands
Coupons for Milk: non-dairy options
How to Save Money on Milk
- Look for coupons in the stores, in the weekly ad, hanging on the dairy case, etc.
- Watch for sales on half-gallons of milk. Watch for a price of $1.00 each, or 10/$10 and stock up!
- Check your convenience store where milk can beat even the Walmart price.
- Make sure you watch best-by dates. Remember to look for the date farthest in the future. Milk is delivered about two weeks before its best-by date. At stores like Walmart, milk will turn over quickly, so dates will all be about the same, but at a small grocer the dates may vary greatly. Don't be afraid to climb into the dairy case to reach in the back.
- Write the manufacturer. Sounds like a lot of work, but it really works. Try Borden, Smart Balance, Land O Lakes, Hood, Blue Bunny, etc.
- Watch for discounted milk that’s about to reach its best-by date and consider freezing it.
How to Freeze Milk:
- Freezing milk makes it turn yellowish because of the fat separating. However, once it thaws, milk will return to its normal color.
- Freezing milk causes it to expand. Many of the plastic milk containers in the grocery store are somewhat flexible. That gives the frozen milk room for expansion. Some containers don't have enough room, though.
- Open the milk and pour out about a few tablespoons then recap the milk and freeze immediately.
- How long can I store frozen milk?
- Freeze milk for up to 3 months. Frozen milk is not going to spoil so it's possible to freeze it even longer. However, milk can easily absorb other flavors in the freezer.
- Store at 0 degrees F or lower.
- The best method is to thaw the milk in the fridge. This can take 2-3 days.
Current Milk Coupons
$0.55/1 – Dean's TruMoo Chocolate Milk – (coupons.smartsource.com)
$0.50/1 – Dean's or TruMoo Milk – (deansmilk.com)
$1.00/1 – Hood Simply Smart Milk – (hood.com)
$1.00/2 – Hood Sour Cream, 16 oz or Larger – (hood.com)
$1.00/2 – Horizon Milk, Half Gallons – (mambosprouts.com)
$1.00/2 – Horizon Organic Milk, Half Gallons – (horizon.com)
$1.00/1 – Silk Fruit and Protein, Quart or Larger – (coupons.com)
$1.00/1 – Silk Fruit and Protein, Quart or Half Gallon – (switchtosilkfnp.com)
$0.75/1 – Silk, Half Gallon or 4pk, Single Serve – (silk.com)
$0.75/1 – Silk Pure Almond, Half Gallon – (coupons.com)
$0.75/1 – Silk Pure Almond, Half Gallon – (pillsbury.com)
$0.75/1 – Silk Pure Almond, Half Gallon – (eatbetteramerica.com)
$0.75/1 – Silk Pure Almond, Half Gallons – (bricks.coupons.com)
$2.00/2 – Silk Pure Almond, Half Gallons – (coupons.com)
$2.00/2 – Silk Pure Almond, Half Gallon – (pillsbury.com)
$2.00/2 – Silk Pure Almond, Half Gallon – (eatbetteramerica.com)
$2.00/2 – Silk Pure Almond, Half Gallon – (boxtpos4education.com)
$2.00/2 – Silk Pure Almond, Half Gallons – (bricks.coupons..com)
$1.00/2 – Silk, Quarts or Larger – (silkcoupons.com)
$1.00/1 – Simply Pure Milk, Half Gallon, Redeem at Shoprite, zip code 12345 – (coupons.com)
$2.00/1 – Smart Balance Kids Milk with Nutrient Blends, Redeem at Harris Teeter – (facebook.com)
$0.50/1 – Stonyfield Organic Milk, Half Gallon – (stonyfield.com)
$0.55/1 – TruMoo Chocolate Milk, Half Gallon or Larger – (cbsus99country.com)