Here’s an easy (three step) DIY project for creating a centerpiece with a vintage heirloom look.
- Quart-sized Mason jar with lid
- 4″ X 6″ black-and-white photo (use the self-serve photo kiosk at Walgreens to transform a color photo into black-and-white or sepia)
- Vegetable oil
- Glue that dries clear
- Pebbles or dried flowers (optional)
- Put a few dabs of glue on the back of 4″ X 6″ photo. Insert the photo into the Mason jar and adhere the picture onto the back wall of the jar. Another option is to just let the photo free float, so hold off on inserting the picture, if that is the preference. Let the glue dry.
- Fill the Mason jar with vegetable oil. (Optional: spruce it up by adding a few sprigs of dried flowers, some pebbles or other meaningful tchotchkes).
- Tightly screw the lid back on the Mason jar. That’s it—all done! Told you this was an easy project!