I may or may not have finished a whole jar of Nutella in one sitting. Waterboarding couldn’t make me admit it. But anyone who has ever tried it’s chocolatey and hazelnut goodness on cookies might relate.
Nutella is a creamy spread—the perfect mix of salty and sweet. It is yummy on toast, fruit, crackers, or whatever else you can think of dipping in it.
A jar can run more than $6.00 at Walmart. That, my friends, is a costly addiction! So here’s a trick to whip up your own batch for a whole lot less.
- 1 cup of toasted hazelnuts (baking aisle)
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- (Makes about 6 ounces of spread)
- Using food processor, blend hazelnuts to the consistency of smooth butter.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue blending until smooth and creamy.
- Dive in! If there’s any leftover, store it in the fridge.
It is salty, sweet, and highly addictive. You have been warned!