Grab that wrinkly pepper from the back of your produce drawer, round up the little leprechauns in your house and make these fun clover stampers! With St. Patrick’s day approaching, this activity is great to do as a family and will add some green to your house. So head to your kitchen–you should find everything you need right there!
Here is what you will need!
- A green bell pepper (Look for one with three or four seams in it; this will ensure the 3 or 4 leaf clover design)
- A knife
- Green paint (Don’t have any? Just follow the simple directions for homemade paint here.)
Here is what you will do!
- Using your knife, slice off the top half of the bell pepper. Clean any seeds away leaving the rim clean. The bottom portion will be your stamper. The top half can be your snack.
- Apply your paint around the rim of the pepper, or pour paint into an old pie pan, perfect for dipping.
- Press down firmly on your piece of paper, then add a stem. Presto!
photo credit Simple Kid Fun