We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
We all have these somewhere—stuck away in magazines, in a bag under the bathroom vanity, or in a basket on a shelf in the closet. It’s that collection of paper magazine and liquid perfume samples. What you may not know is that you can be super creative with what’s left—just use the tips below!
If you want more tips for household products on the go, download the KCL app.
1. Make lotion luxurious with a few drops of a perfume and unscented body cream.
2. Bling the bathroom by applying perfume to the toilet paper tube.
Place or rub the open magazine sample inside the cardboard tube, or spray the inner tube with a few drops of perfume.
3. Freshen the car with a magazine sample under the seat.
4. Refresh stinky armpits with a magazine sample.
The paper acts as a blotter while the alcohol tackles wetness and adds a pretty scent.
5. Cloak clothing smells by wiping wooden or fabric hangers with perfumed cotton balls.
6. Make a simple dry shampoo by combining perfume with cornstarch.
In a rush? Cornstarch absorbs scalp oils while the perfume helps freshen. Just sprinkle a little on your scalp, rub in, brush out, and go!
7. Scent bedroom drawers with paper samples as sachets.
8. De-stink shoes with men’s cologne samples by putting half a paper sample in each shoe.
9. Help hair by soaking ponytail holders in perfume.
10. Refresh rugs by adding a few drops of perfume to baking soda.
Sprinkle the mixture on your carpets, let stand for 15 minutes, and then vacuum.
11. Make the vacuum bag smell like a boutique with a few drops of perfume.
12. Mix perfume with water to spritz silk plants.
13. Make scented dryer sheets.
Add a few drops of perfume to a cotton hanky and toss it into the dryer with your clothes to dry as usual.
14. Combine with vaseline for quick, lasting perfume touchups on the go.
15. Freshen up a bathroom garbage can with an opened magazine sample.
16. Create a calming scent by spraying pillows (or place a paper sample underneath).
17. Add a few drops to a lightbulb to scent the space.
18. Make an anywhere air freshener by adding a few drops to felted wool.
Or hang an open magazine sample from your rearview mirror or in your closet.
19. Freshen up mattresses on laundry day with a few quick spritzes.
20. Deodorize a locker or gym bag with an opened magazine sample.
21. Make an impromptu hairspray by spritzing perfume on hair.
22. Make a shaving cream with a few drops of perfume in coconut oil.