How do you get a Chick-fil-A free sandwich? Does Chick-fil-A have a secret menu? What Chick-fil-A coupons aren’t common knowledge?
I’ve put together this guide so you can save (and eat) more on your next chicken sandwich adventure. You could save up to $15.31 using these Chick-fil-A hacks!
Make sure to download the official KCL app for more useful tips.
1. Rack up rewards with the Chick-fil-A app.
No matter what, you’ll want to download the Chick-fil-A app before you go on your next chicken run. Sign up for the Chick-fil-A-One rewards program and you’ll get ten points for every pre-tax dollar you spend.
On my first visit alone, I had enough points for hash browns or a kid’s ice cream! But, if you save up your points you can get a lot more free stuff.
Let me break it down:
- Spend $15, get a free Chocolate Chunk Cookie (reg. $1.29)
- Spend $20, get a free small or medium Waffle Fry (reg. $1.69-1.95)
- Spend $35, get a free Chicken Biscuit (reg. $2.69)
- Spend $50, get a free Chicken Sandwich (reg. $3.75)
- Spend $95, get a free Grilled Chicken Club (reg. $6.55)
2. Level up your Chick-fil-A rewards when you hit 1,000 points.
After you hit 1,000 points (spend $100), you’ll qualify for Chick-fil-A One Silver and get 11 points for every dollar you spend.
And after you hit 5,000 (spend $464) you’ll be a Chick-fil-A One Red member, meaning you’ll earn 12 points for every dollar.
And, you’ll get to build up your freebies the whole time.
3. Your Chick-fil-A birthday reward? A Chocolate Chunk Cookie.
When you download the Chick-fil-A app, make sure you tap the “Account” button and put your birth date in. Once your big day comes, you’ll get a reward for a free cookie (reg. $1.29) that you can use on a mobile order or in-store. The offer is good for a month.
4. Order curbside pickup and avoid the drive-thru line.
Due to the coronavirus, dining inside Chick-fil-A is not an option. This also means the drive-thru is going to be constantly busy. Take advantage of Chick-fil-A curbside pickup with the app. Just find your restaurant on the app and tap “Pickup at Restaurant,” complete your order, and pull up to the designated spot when it’s ready. Tap “I’m Here” on the app, enter your spot number, and someone will be on their way out with your order.
5. A Chick-fil-A free sandwich is yours if you fill out the survey on your receipt.
Never turn down your receipt! (Unless you don’t want a Chick-fil-A free sandwich, that is.) Chick-fil-A gives away a free Original Chicken Sandwich when you fill out a survey using the link on the bottom of some receipts. About one in every five receipts will have the survey on it, so always keep an eye out.
Go online and visit MyChickfilAVisit.com (within 48 hours of your original visit), and fill out a short customer survey. After you complete the survey, you’ll get a unique code valid for a free original Chick-fil-A Original chicken sandwich!
6. Double your chicken sandwiches and save $2.81.
If you’ve got kids that never finish their chicken sandwiches, you’ll love this hack. Instead of ordering two separate sandwiches (reg. $7.50), order a Four Piece Chicken Strip and two pairs of buns for $4.69!
7. Create a fried chicken club and save $0.90.
While a Grilled Chicken Club costs $6.55, you can create your own fattier version for cheaper. Just order a standard fried Chicken Sandwich and add bacon, cheese, lettuce, and tomato for a total of $5.65. Healthier? No. More delicious and easier on the wallet? Yes.
8. Or go healthy with a gluten-free bun or lettuce wrap.
If you’re on a bit of a health kick, consider changing out the standard bun for a gluten-free option for $1.15. Or, if you order your sandwich “protein style,” you can get it lettuce wrapped for no extra charge.
9. Save when you order a family meal through the Chick-fil-A app.
If you’re planning a family get together, you can save when you choose the “Build Your Own Family Meal” option. Here’s a breakdown for you:
- 4 Chocolate Chunk Cookies for $4.89 (save $0.27)
- 4 Medium Waffle Fries for $7.39 (save $0.41)
- 4 Medium Mac n’ Cheese for $11.95 (save $0.65)
- 4 Chicken Sandwiches for $14.25 (save $0.75)
- 4 Spicy Chicken Sandwiches for $15.15 (save $0.81)
10. Pick up a meal kit on Saturday, have Chick-fil-A on Sunday.
Ever pull up to Chick-fil-A on a Sunday just to remember they’re not open? Yup, me too. But if you’re really craving that Chick-fil-A flavor on a Sunday, grab the recently released Chicken Parmesan Meal Kit on a Saturday and save it for the next day. (Or for a Saturday night midnight snack.) They’ve only just started rolling these out, so make sure to check your store to see if they offer this.
11. If you don’t get enough Chick-fil-A sauce, make your own.
Here’s what you’ll need for the standard sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of yellow mustard
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- A tablespoon of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup of honey
Mix it all together, refrigerate for about an hour, and bon appétit.
12. Get Chick-fil-A ice cream for free if you exchange your kid’s meal toy.
If it was up to your kid, they’d probably want Chick-fil-A ice cream AND a toy. But the last thing you want is another piece of plastic lying around the house. When you order a kid’s meal, ask for a kid’s ice cream instead of a toy and they’ll do the exchange for free. Just remember that they won’t take back a toy to exchange for ice cream if you’ve already handled it, due to coronavirus concerns.
13. Savor a secret menu Chick-fil-A grilled cheese for less than a dollar.
A lot of people online ask, “Does Chick-fil-A have a secret menu?” The answer is yes…but only if you know how to order. Employees will give you weird looks if you ask for a grilled cheese, but if you order a toasted bun with cheese (and toasted again with the cheese inside), you’ll get a grilled cheese sammy for only $0.55!
14. Refresh yourself with a Chick-fil-A secret menu root beer float.
You’ve gotta order this off the Chick-fil-A secret menu. Order a small root beer without ice (or just a little ice if you prefer) and a kid’s ice cream cup. Mix them together for $3.24, a penny cheaper than a milkshake.
15. Order a Chick-fil-A secret menu BLT for $1.85.
If you’re tired of the same old chicken sandwiches, a Chick-fil-A secret menu BLT will hit the spot. Just order a toasted bun with bacon, lettuce, and tomato. And it only costs $1.85!
16. Cool down with a Chick-fil-A secret menu Frosted Arnold Palmer.
Basically, lemonade + tea + ice cream = OMG. A frosted Arnold Palmer is 1/4 lemonade, 1/4 half iced tea mixed with 1/2 C ice cream (just order the kid’s cup) for $3.60.
TIP: You can also try a frosted sweet tea if you’re feeling daring.
17. Save around $5 with discount gift cards.
Sam’s Club often offers a deal of three $10 Chick-fil-A gift cards for $24.98. While it’s currently out of stock, it’s worth checking in on that deal every once in a while. That’s pretty much a Spicy Deluxe Sandwich for free!
18. Don’t bet on a senior discount, but you might get a free soda.
While there’s no official senior discount at Chick-fil-A, it pays to ask. Certain locations offer a free soda with a senior’s entree order.
19. Military Monday gives a free entree to service members.
Some Chick-fil-A locations offer a special “Military Monday” event for service members. Instead of a discount, members of the military receive a complimentary wrap, sandwich, or nugget entree. Make sure you call and ask, and show your military ID to your cashier.
20. Employees get free meals and a chance at a scholarship.
Chick-fil-A franchises often offer a free meal if you work a shift that day, generally $8 worth of food if you work a five hour shift. Beyond that, employees can also apply for the Remarkable Futures Scholarship, which awards between $2,500 and $25,000 towards an employee’s college education. This fall, registration will begin for the 2021-2022 school year.
21. Get almost $400 in free food if you go to a Chick-fil-A grand opening.
Usually, if you’re one of the first 100 people in line at a grand opening, you’ll qualify for a free Chicken Sandwich meal a week for an entire year worth $392.60. Temporarily, due to coronavirus concerns, new restaurants are instead awarding this prize to 100 Community Heroes impacting the community. Keep an eye on the Chicken Wire to keep track of future openings and like your local Chick-fil-A on Facebook to keep track of recipients.
22. Keep an eye out for local Chick-fil-A family events.
Check on your local Chick-fil-A restaurant and follow them on social media to look for family events with free activities for the kids. Here’s some awesome events I saw recently:
- Pirate and Princess Night
- Western Night
- Action Hero Night
- Stuffed Animal Sleepover
- Dinner with Santa
23. Look for regional items like guac and cheese sauce.
If the same old same old just isn’t doing it anymore, look for regional and test menu items that’ll spice up your meal.
Here’s a few regional items I was able to find:
- Dipping cheese sauce in Midwestern states like Illinois and Wisconsin
- Green chile in New Mexico
- Guacamole in Southern California
There’s also rumors of chicken gravy, brownies, frosted key limes, and more being tested around the U.S., so it always pays to ask if you’re road tripping with the fam this summer. It’s not every day you can dip your chickin in green chile.
Don’t Scroll Up! Here are the articles mentioned: