We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Chick-fil-A is famous for two things: cow mascots and chicken sandwiches. But as far as we’re concerned, they’re famous for numerous Chick-fil-A coupons and ways to get a Chick-fil-A free sandwich.
You can master the Chick-fil-A app, discover the Chick-fil-A secret menu, and find out how to get a freebie literally every time you visit. It’s possible, and we’ll show you how.
Related: Learn about the secret menu at In-N-Out and how to save on your next meal.
1. Get a Chick-fil-A free sandwich by filling out the Chick-fil-A survey on your receipt.
Never turn down your receipt — unless you don’t want a Chick-fil-A free sandwich, that is. Chick-fil-A gives away a free Original Chicken Sandwich when you fill out a survey using the link on the bottom of some receipts. About one in every five receipts will have the survey on it, so always keep an eye out.
Go online and visit MyChickfilAVisit.com (within 48 hours of your original visit) and fill out a short customer survey. After you complete the survey, you’ll get a unique code valid for a free Chick-fil-A Original chicken sandwich!
Just one of the many restaurants that’ll get you free food with your receipt survey.
2. The chicken sandwich is the cheapest Chick-fil-A menu price entree.
The Chick-fil-A menu prices have crept up since 2022 started, but the cheapest item on the entree menu is the chicken sandwich at $4.65. Here’s a breakdown on the cheapest (and most expensive) Chick-fil-A menu prices:
Cheapest Chick-fil-A Entree Prices:
- Chicken Sandwich: $5.29
- 8-count Nuggets: $5.39
- 3-count Chicken Stips: $5.65
- Spicy Chicken Sandwich: $5.59
- Deluxe Sandwich: $5.99
Cheapest Chick-fil-A Side Prices:
- Waffle Potato Chips: $2.19
- Small Waffle Fries: $2.65
- Kale Crunch Side: $2.65
- Chicken Noodle Soup: $4.19
- Fruit Cup: $4.29
Cheapest Chick-fil-A Dessert Prices:
- Ice Cream Cup: $1.69
- Chocolate Chunk Cookie: $1.69
- Ice Cream Cone: $1.89
- Brownie: $2.29
- Frosted Coffee/Lemonade: $4.75
Most Expensive Chick-fil-A Menu Prices:
- Citrus Berry Salad: $10.09
- Spicy Southwest Salad: $10.09
- Cobb Salad: $9.89
- Grilled Chicken Club: $8.85
- Cool Wrap: $8.49
3. Every $1 you spend earns you 10 points in the Chick-fil-A app — which are good for future freebies.
No matter what, you’ll want to download the Chick-fil-A app before you go on your next chicken run. Sign up for the Chick-fil-A-One rewards program and you’ll get 10 points for every (pretax) dollar you spend.
On my first visit alone, I had enough points for hash browns or a kids’ ice cream! But if you save up your points, you can get a lot more free stuff.
Here’s how the points break down:
- 150 points ($15 spent): Free Chocolate Chunk Cookie (reg. $1.69) — 11.3% cash back
- 200 points ($20 spent): Free small or medium Waffle Fry (reg. $2.35 – $2.65) — 11.8% to 13.3% cash back
- 350 points ($35 spent): Free Chicken Biscuit (reg. $3.89) — 11.1% cash back
- 500 points ($50 spent): Free Chicken Sandwich (reg. $5.29) — 10.6% cash back
- 950 points ($95 spent): Free Grilled Chicken Club (reg. $8.85) — 9.3% cash back
4. The Chick-fil-A Rewards program is adding new menu items starting April 4, 2023.
On April 4, you can expect the Chick-fil-A Rewards program to add even more ways to use your rewards points. Here’s what you can get and their cash-back reward value:
- 500 points ($50 spent): Free large Waffle Fry (reg. $3.09) — 6.2% cash back
- 600 points ($60 spent): 5-count Nugget (reg. $3.40) — 5.7% cash back
- 600 points ($60 spent): 2-count Chicken Strips (reg. $3.85) — 6.4% cash back
- 700 points ($70 spent): Sausage Biscuit (reg. $4.25) — 6.1% cash back
- 800 points ($80 spent): 5-count Grilled Nugget (reg. $3.90) — 4.9% cash back
- 1,200 points ($120 spent): Bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup (reg. $6.39) — 5.3% cash back
- 2,500 points ($250 spent): Any Meal (reg. $12.99) — 5.2% cash back
Some new rewards will be locked behind memberships that’ll require you to hit a certain tier before redeeming your rewards (see tip #4). Here are the rewards that you can get:
- Red Members can spend 1,200 points ($120 spent) to get a Kid’s Meal (reg. $7.09) — 5.9% cash back
- Signature Members can spend 3,000 points ($300 spent) to get a 30-count Grilled Nugget platter (reg. $21.95) — 7.3% cash back
- Signature Members can spend 3,000 points ($300 spent) to get a gallon of Sunjoy (reg. $10.50) — 3.5% cash back
5. Earn Chick-fil-A rewards faster once you hit 1,000 points.
The more you use the Chick-fil-A app, the quicker you’ll earn points (and free Chick-fil-A food items). You start out at 10 points per $1 spent until you earn 1,000 total points. (That doesn’t mean you have to have 1,000 points in your account; it means that you’ve earned those points within a year.)
After the first 1,000 points, here’s what happens:
- Silver Membership Level (1,000 – 4,999 total points): Earn 11 points per $1 spent; you have to spend at least $100 to earn this.
- Red Membership Level (5,000 – 9,999 total points): Earn 12 points per $1 spent; you have to spend at least $464 to earn this.
- Signature Membership Level (10,000+ total points): Earn 13 points per $1 spent; you have to spend at least $881 to earn this.
6. Get free Chick-fil-A coupons sent to your account based on your region.
Through the Chick-fil-A app, you’ll receive coupons randomly throughout the year for discounted or free food items. In the past, we’ve seen free breakfast sandwiches (regularly $3.89), free chicken sandwiches (priced at $5.59), and free nuggets (normally $5.39) all given through the app. Unfortunately, these coupons are regional, so it’ll depend on each individual owner to dispense the coupons.
7. Get a free Chocolate Chunk Cookie as a Chick-fil-A birthday reward.
When you download the Chick-fil-A app, make sure you tap the “Account” button to add your birth date. Once your big day comes, you’ll get a Chick-fil-A birthday reward for a free cookie (worth about $1.69) or ice cream (worth about $1.89) that you can use on a mobile order or in store. The offer is good for a month.
Silver members have access to the same options and a milkshake (regularly $4.85) or a frosted lemonade (regularly $4.75). Red members gain access to a free chicken sandwich (regularly $5.29) or nuggets (regularly $5.39).
We’ve got even more birthday freebies and rewards to help you celebrate.
8. Get a free Chick-fil-A sandwich by ordering chicken strips & buns — $1.73 savings.
If you’ve got kids who never finish their Chick-fil-A chicken sandwiches, you’ll love this hack.
Instead of ordering two separate sandwiches (which would cost you around $10.58), order 4-piece Chicken Strips and two sets of buns for about $8.85! (Maybe if you ask nicely, they’ll give you a couple of pickles, too.)
You’re essentially getting the same amount of chicken for 16.3% off.
9. Save 16% on a fried chicken club using some creative ordering.
While a Grilled Chicken Club costs about $8.85, you can create your own version for cheaper. Just order the Original Chicken Sandwich (the fried version) and add bacon, cheese, lettuce, and tomato for a total of $7.39. Healthier? No. More delicious and easier on the wallet? Yes.
One of the best food saving hacks for the ultimate cheapskate.
10. Pick up a Chick-fil-A catering tray on Saturday; have Chick-fil-A on Sunday.
Ever pull up to Chick-fil-A on a Sunday just to remember they’re not open? Yup, me too. Solution? Pick up a 30-count Chick-fil-A catering tray of nuggets (regularly $18.35) on Saturday and refrigerate it for the next day.
At $0.61/nugget, this offers a slightly better per-nugget price than a 5-count ($0.68/nugget) and 8-count ($0.67/nugget).
The best way to reheat Chick-fil-A in our experience is with an air fryer. Keeps the nuggets crispy.
11. If you don’t get enough Chick-fil-A sauce, make your own.
If you’re really craving the special sauce and you have the ingredients, why not make your own? You can always spend $2.75 for an 8-ounce container of their sauce, but we’re all about savings here at KCL.
Here’s what you’ll need for the standard sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of yellow mustard
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- A tablespoon of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup of honey
Mix it all together, refrigerate for about an hour, and bon appetit.
Plus, you’ve got to try these other homemade products that will save you money.
12. Get Chick-fil-A delivery from Uber Eats for the cheapest delivery fee.
If you want to get Chick-fil-A delivery, the cheapest delivery fee is going to be from Uber Eats. Here’s what we found from looking at different Chick-fil-As in our areas.
- Uber Eats: $0.99 delivery fee
- DoorDash: $1.99 delivery fee
TIP: Each food delivery app will upcharge by 19.3% on the Chick-fil-A delivery items.
13. Stock up on Chick-fil-A sauce by buying from Walmart.
If you’re tired of hoarding sauces or making your own, Walmart has started selling bottles of Chick-fil-A sauce for $3.89 for a 16-ounce bottle. You’ll save about $1.61 by purchasing the bottle from Walmart versus two 8-ounce containers from the restaurant.
Plus, 100% of the profits go toward funding the Chick-fil-A scholarships. How awesome is that?!
14. Get Chick-fil-A ice cream for free if you exchange your kid’s meal toy.
If it was up to your kid, they’d probably want Chick-fil-A ice cream AND a toy. But the last thing you want is another piece of cheap plastic lying around the house.
When you order a kid’s meal, ask for a kid’s ice cream (regularly about $1.89) instead of a toy and they’ll make the switch for free. Just remember that they won’t take back a toy to exchange for ice cream if you’ve already handled it due to health and safety concerns.
15. Go healthy with the Chick-fil-A gluten-free bun or lettuce wrap.
If you’re on a bit of a health kick, consider changing out the standard bun for a gluten-free option for $1.70. Or if you order your sandwich “protein style,” you can get it lettuce wrapped for $0.20.
16. Savor a grilled cheese from the Chick-fil-A secret menu for less than a dollar.
A lot of people online ask, “Is there a Chick-fil-A secret menu?” The answer is yes … but only if you know how to order. Employees will give you weird looks if you ask for a grilled cheese, but if you order a toasted bun with cheese (and toasted again with the cheese inside), you’ll get a grilled cheese sammy for only $1.70!
Here are some more of the most popular Chick-fil-A secret menu items:
- Chick-fil-A Root Beer Float ($3.68): Order a small root beer and a kid’s-size ice cream.
- Chick-fil-A BLT ($3.70): Order a toasted bun with bacon, lettuce, and tomato.
- Chick-fil-A Arnold Palmer ($4.48): Fill a cup with half lemonade and half iced tea. Add kid’s-size ice cream.
We’ve done an entire breakdown of the Chick-fil-A Secret Menu you won’t want to skip.
17. Order Chick-fil-A pickup and avoid the drive-thru line.
Chick-fil-A locations are constantly busy during lunch and dinner times. To decrease the amount of time you’re waiting for your meal, you should order from the Chick-fil-A pickup service though the app or online ordering.
- When you open the Chick-fil-A app or website, click on “Pickup at Restaurant”
- Select the Chick-fil-A location closest to you
- Select “Curbside” for pickup without leaving your car
- Enter your order and pay
- Tap “I’m Here” when you drive in
- Enter the spot number in the app
18. Save 16% with discount Chick-fil-A gift cards.
Sam’s Club often offers a deal of three $10 Chick-fil-A gift cards for $24.98. While it’s currently out of stock, it’s worth checking in on that deal every once in a while. That’s pretty much like getting a Spicy Deluxe Sandwich for free!
That’s a savings of 16.7% on top of any other Chick-fil-A coupons or Chick-fil-A app rewards you have.
19. Get your Chick-fil-A chicken sandwiches starting at 10:30 a.m.
When does Chick-fil-A start serving lunch? Chick-fil-A starts serving lunch at 10:30 a.m. That means you’ll have to get any Chick-fil-A breakfast item, like the Chick-fil-A Chicken Minis, before they switch menus. Otherwise, you’re out of luck until tomorrow.
20. Look for seasonal Chick-fil-A items when they are available.
Chick-fil-A celebrates the holidays by releasing seasonal items that you can get for a limited time. Here’s how Chick-fil-A marks special occasions and events:
- Valentine’s Day: Heart-Shaped Nugget Trays
- Summer: Peach Milkshakes
- Fall: Autumn Spice Milkshakes
- Holiday Season: Peppermint Milkshake
21. Don’t bet on a Chick-fil-A senior discount, but you might get a free soda.
While there’s no official Chick-fil-A senior discount, it pays to ask. Certain locations offer a free soda with a senior’s entree order.
While this senior discount is disappointing, we know several senior discounts that you can take advantage of every day.
22. The Chick-fil-A military discount gives a free entree to service members every Monday.
Some Chick-fil-A locations offer a special “Military Monday” event for service members. Instead of a discount, members of the military receive a complimentary wrap, sandwich, or nugget entree. Make sure you call and ask and show your military ID to your cashier to get this Chick-fil-A military discount.
There are so many more ways you can get a military discount using your ID.
23. Chick-fil-A employees get free meals and a chance at a scholarship.
Chick-fil-A franchises often offer a free meal if you work a shift that day, generally $8 worth of food if you work a 5-hour shift.
How much does Chick-fil-A pay? Chick-fil-A employees can expect to earn between $9 – $19 depending on their position.
Beyond that, employees can also apply for the Remarkable Futures Scholarship, which awards between $2,500 and $25,000 towards an employee’s college education. In the fall of 2022, registration will begin for the 2023 – 24 school year.
Chick-fil-A is one of many companies that’ll help pay for your college.
24. Get a Chick-fil-A ‘Be Our Guest’ card for a free sandwich or shake when they mess up your order.
If a Chick-fil-A location messes up your order or you end up waiting an exceptionally long time for your order, Chick-fil-A might give you a “Be Our Guest” card, which can get you a free chicken sandwich (regularly $4.65) or milkshake (regularly $4.29).
These cards tend to be rare, and they give them out pretty sparingly.
25. Get almost $400 in free food if you go to a Chick-fil-A grand opening.
Usually if you’re one of the first 100 people in line at a grand opening, you’ll qualify for a free Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich meal a week for an entire year (worth $431.08). Temporarily, due to health and safety concerns, new restaurants are instead awarding this prize to 100 Community Heroes impacting the community. Keep an eye on the Chicken Wire to keep track of future openings, and like your local Chick-fil-A on Facebook to keep track of recipients.
26. Keep an eye out for local Chick-fil-A family events.
Check on your local Chick-fil-A restaurant and follow them on social media to look for family events with free activities for the kids. Here are some awesome events I saw recently:
- Pirate and Princess Night
- Western Night
- Action Hero Night
- Stuffed Animal Sleepover
- Dinner with Santa
TIP: Every Chick-fil-A celebrates Cow Appreciation Day on the second Tuesday in July by giving customers who wear a cow costume a free Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich. Unfortunately, this has been discontinued for the last three years.
27. Look for regional items like guac and cheese sauce.
If the same old same old just isn’t doing it anymore, look for regional and test menu items that’ll spice up your meal.
Here are a few regional items I was able to find:
- Dipping cheese sauce in Midwestern states like Illinois and Wisconsin
- Green chile in New Mexico
- Guacamole in Southern California
There are also rumors of chicken gravy, brownies, frosted key limes, and more being tested around the U.S., so it always pays to ask if you’re road tripping with the fam this summer. It’s not every day you can dip your chicken in green chile.