Active-duty military and veterans, thank you for your service! Do you know about all the retailers and services who say “thank you” with military discounts? If not, you need this list.
Before diving in, keep in mind that both online and in-store discounts will require a valid Military ID. For internet purchases, some sites use ID.me to verify your ID, while others have their own built-in checkout process.
Oh, and if you’re ever unsure you can get a discount, just ask. Many stores won’t include it in the fine print, but if you ask, they might help you out.
Now, check out this list to see how you can get thanked!
While you’re at it, also be sure to download the KCL app for more deals and freebies.
Use your military discount to get 10-25% off merchandise at your favorite retailers.
- A.C. Moore offers military service members a 15% in-store discount on your entire sale or regular price purchase. Offer doesn’t apply to their outlet or liquidation store locations.
- Adidas gives verified military members and first responders a 15% online discount on “sport and style” products.
- Buckle offers a 10% military discount to active duty and veterans (+ spouses/dependents).
- Champs Sports offers a 15% discount on most purchases.
- Costco offers $60 worth of savings when active-duty military, veterans, and their families sign up for a Costco membership.
- Eastbay offers a 15% off discount on most purchases for online orders.
- Finish Line offers an in-store 10% military discount to all military personnel, including immediate family members.
- Journey’s offers a 10% discount on your entire in-store purchase.
- Kohl’s gives veterans, active duty members, and retirees a 15% in-store discount on Mondays every week. The discount cannot be used with other percent-off discounts or age-specific discounts.
- Gap offers a 10% in-store military discount. Although it’s not official on their website, I called Gap’s customer service (800-427-7895) to confirm. Before you check out at your local Gap store, ask an associate or manager if they offer the discount.
- Foot Locker offers a 15% discount.
- Lululemon has an in-store 25% discount only for active duty service members, military spouses, and first responders. Oh, and this discount can be applied to markdown prices, too!
- Lowe’s offers a 10% discount for current military personnel, veterans, and immediate family for in-store purchases only.
- Nike offers a 10% discount on Nike.com and in Nike retail stores. Call (800) 806-6453 for online orders.
- Oakley Standard Issue provides military personnel and first responders exclusive access to products unavailable to “civilians.” They offer 30-70% off their products and a 10% discount once your status is approved.
- Rack Room Shoes offers a 10% military discount on Tuesdays, Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Veterans Day.
- Sam’s Club offers a free $10 eGift card for active and retired military. This offer is only valid at the time you purchase or renew a membership for Sam’s Savings, Business, or Sam’s Plus.
- Tirebuyer.com has a 7% online discount on tires for active-duty members, veterans, and their family members.
- Yeti offers all verified veterans, military members, and first responders special pricing for select gear via the ID.me program.
These retailers offer veteran discounts once a year, usually on or around Veteran’s Day in November:
20. Academy Sports+Outdoors offered a 10% online and in-store discount in 2019 from Oct. 27 – Nov. 11. Keep an eye on them in the future to see their discounts!
21. Amazon held a Veterans Day special in 2019 offering $40 off of Prime memberships ($119/year to $79/year) for all military veterans.
22. Target usually offers an in-store 10% discount on one purchase during Veterans Day. In 2019, they ran their annual discount for the third year in a row between Nov. 3 to Nov. 11.
Earn up to 30% off electronics and tech with these military discount deals.
23. Apple offers 5 – 10% off for military personnel and their families on select items.
24. AT&T offers military members and veterans 25% off select cell phone plans through the AT&T government discount program.
25. Dell.com has a 10% military discount for all PCs and electronics.
26. Hewlett Packard (HP) offers up to 20% off products with free shipping on all orders.
27. Microsoft offers Office 365 for 30% off ($69.99/yr) for military personnel and their families.
28. Samsung offers military service members up to 30% off Samsung products and plans.
29. Sprint.com offers a 25% discount on your first phone line for active-duty military and veterans who make purchases online using a valid .mil or .gov email address.
For in-store purchases, it’s the same deal.
30. T-Mobile provides military personnel a special Magenta Military plan at $25/line for four lines (about $10/mo cheaper).
31. Verizon offers a 15% discount on monthly wireless service and 25% off accessories for active service members or veterans.
To verify, use your military-issued email, or bring in a paycheck stub or your Veteran’s ID card.
Get special military and veteran pricing on travel and entertainment.
If you haven’t already, you might consider investing in the Veterans Advantage Program. If you travel a lot (or have a large family), even more reason. This card is offered to active US military personnel, veterans, and their dependents. It costs $60/year but it qualifies you for a host of discounts like up to 5% off airfare through United Airlines. Other travel companies that offer discounts to Veterans Advantage card holders include Amtrak, Carnival Cruise Line, Thrifty Rent-a-Car, and Choice Hotels.
These airlines look out for our service people by offering great traveling incentives:
32. Alaska Airlines offers several benefits to military personnel, including:
- Book special priced military fares
- Check five bags for free
- 5% off flights for Veterans Advantage members
- Pet transport for military families
- Complimentary Alaska Lounge access for active service members
- Priority boarding for active service members
- 15% off snacks for military and their family
33. Allegiant Airlines allows active-duty members and veterans to check up to two bags for free, bring one pet along, and charges no fee for oversized luggage, among other perks.
34. American Airlines offers military discounts to active military personnel and their families as well as relaxed advance purchase requirements, access to preferred seating, and preferential boarding privileges.
Discount depends solely on your itinerary. Call American at (800) 433-7300 for more information.
35. Delta Airlines offers a 10% discount to active military personnel and their dependents.
These discounts are only available by calling or visiting a Delta reservation office, not online or through a travel agent. Call Delta at (800) 221-1212. You’ll also get up to three bags checked for free.
36. JetBlue Airlines gives a 5% discount on the base fare for active-duty members not traveling on orders and a 5% discount for Veterans Advantage members.
Check out their baggage waiver benefits, too!
37. Southwest offers military discounts to active military personnel and their families.
These discounts are only available by contacting Southwest directly at (800) 435-9792. Discount solely depends on itinerary.
38. Spirit offers two free checked bags and a free carry-on, in addition to the one free personal item for active-duty U.S. military personnel.
39. United Airlines offers up to a 5% discount to active duty and veterans.
You just need to be enrolled in the Veterans Advantage program.
Get to where you’re going for cheaper with these car rental, train, and bus discounts for military personnel:
40. Amtrak offers a 10% discount to active duty US military personnel, their spouses, and their dependents on the lowest available rail fare on most Amtrak trains, including for travel on the Auto Train.
41. Greyhound offers a 10% discount on the Greyhound walk-up (unrestricted) fare for active-duty and retired military personnel and their dependent family members.
Military personnel can also travel Greyhound for a maximum fare of $259 round trip anywhere in the continental U.S.
Save on entertainment with these awesome theme park and lodging military discounts:
43. Busch Gardens offers special pricing for up to six discounted tickets for veterans, retirees, and Inactive Ready Reservists.
44. Choice Hotels offers military and government members and their families discounted hotel rates.
45. Cinemark Movie Theaters offers a military discount that varies by location.
46. Disneyland has three- and four-day Military Promotional Tickets (Park Hopper option included!) available starting at $184 (three-day) and $204 (four-day).
That’s up to 46% in savings.
47. Disney World has four-, five- and six-day Military Promotional Tickets (Park Hopper also included) available.
A four-day ticket costs $265, saving you 20%.
48. Embassy Suites have discounted pricing for military personnel available on their website.
49. KOA Campgrounds offer a military discount between 5 – 15% off the regular price at select locations.
50. Red Roof Inn will give 20% discounts to Veterans Advantage members.
51. Sea World Parks & Entertainment offers a free complimentary single-day pass for any active-duty, activated or drilling reservist, or National Guardsman.
Best part? As many as three direct dependents of military personnel also are entitled to free admission!
52. SixFlags gives a 20% military discount on one day General Admission tickets available at their Guest Services Center.
53. Universal Studios Hollywood provides active-duty, retirees, and disabled veterans $3 off a General Admission ticket.
54. Vettix Event Tickets: Vettix is a non-profit organization where people can donate event tickets (concerts, sporting events, etc.) to the organization.
TIP: Most military bases offer exclusive discounted tickets to theme parks and other events available at MWR or ITT recreation offices. Contact your closest military base to learn more.
Avoid checking account minimums and fees with these military-friendly banks.
55. Chase Bank offers checking accounts for current service members and veterans with no minimum balance and no monthly maintenance fee.
56. First Citizens Bank provides checking accounts for active-duty military personnel, full-time National Reserve members, and full-time National Guard members with no minimum balance (with a monthly direct deposit), no monthly maintenance fee, and the first two non-First Citizens ATM fees reimbursed.
57. US Bank has checking accounts for current and former members of the U.S. Armed Forces with no minimum balance and no monthly maintenance fee.
58. Zions Bank offers checking accounts for current service members and their dependents and veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces with no minimum balance, no monthly maintenance fee, and all ATM fees waived for those currently deployed.
Eat for cheap (or free) at these restaurants that honor our military.
59. Chuck E Cheese provides military personnel two exclusive menu options that combine food, beverages, and play points at a discounted price.
60. Medieval Times offers special discounted ticket prices for all military personnel and their families.
61. Outback Steakhouse offers all servicemen and women, police officers, and firefighters 10% off their entire check.
These restaurants have been known to honor veterans, active duty service members, and their families on Veterans Day:
62. Applebee’s serves free meals to veterans and active duty service members every year on Veterans Day.
63. Chili’s serves a free select menu for veterans and active duty service members on Veterans Day.
64. Little Caesars offers a free Lunch Combo to military and veterans at participating locations.
On Nov. 11 2019, they offered military personnel a Detroit-style DEEP!DEEP! Dish pizza and a 20-ounce Pepsi drink.
65. California Pizza Kitchen gave veterans and military a complimentary entree and beverage from a select menu.