We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Active-duty military and veterans, thank you for your service! Do you know about all the retailers and services who say “thank you” with military discounts? If not, you need this list.
Before diving in, keep in mind that both online and in-store discounts will require a valid Military ID. For internet purchases, some sites use ID.me to verify your ID, while others have their own built-in checkout process.
Oh, and if you’re ever unsure you can get a discount, just ask. Many stores won’t include it in the fine print, but if you ask, they might help you out.
Now, check out this list to see how you can get thanked!
While you’re at it, also be sure to download the KCL app for more deals and freebies.
2023 Veteran Discount: Free 8×10 Photo at JCPenney for Military Service Members
From now until Dec. 31, 2023, JCPenney is offering special military discount pricing at their photo portrait studio locations, including a free 8×10 photo (reg. $19.99), as well as 50% off photography purchase, free session fees (reg. $14.99 per person), $6.99 standard prints (reg. $19.99 each), and $119.99 digital album (reg. $169.99). You must present the coupon at the session — print it here — and the promo code is PC1814371.
To redeem these offers, you must present Military ID at the beginning of your session, and it’s one offer pre family, per day.
Use your military discount to get 10% – 25% off merchandise at your favorite retailers.
- Adidas gives verified military members and first responders a 30% in-store and online discount, and 20% off in factory stores.
- Best Buy doesn’t have a corporate military discount, but many individual stores offer 10% off with ID. Call ahead to your store to find out if they’re offering it.
- Buckle offers a 10% military discount to active duty and veterans (+ spouses/dependents).
- Champs Sports offers a 15% discount on most purchases.
- Costco offers a $20 Costco Shop Card when active-duty military, veterans, and their families sign up for a Costco membership.
- Eastbay offers a 15% discount on most purchases for online orders.
- Finish Line offers an in-store 10% military discount to all military personnel, including immediate family members.
- Foot Locker offers a 15% discount.
- Gap offers a 10% in-store military discount. Before you check out at your local Gap store, verify with an associate or manager that they offer the discount.
- Hello Bello offers a 20% discount to ID.me verified military members. Valid on single or diaper bundles and vitamin bundles.
- Home Depot gives veterans 10% off on select items with ID in-store or online once you’re verified with SheerID. You’re limited to $400 in savings in a calendar year.
- Journeys offers a 10% discount on your entire in-store purchase with ID.
- Kohl’s gives veterans, active duty members, and retirees a 15% in-store discount on Mondays every week. The discount cannot be used with other percent-off discounts or age-specific discounts.
- Lowe’s offers a 10% discount for current military personnel, veterans, and spouses in-store (with ID) or online (once you verify your eligibility with ID.me). They exclude major appliances, lumber, and a few other items.
- Lululemon has an in-store 25% discount exclusively for active duty service members, reservists, military spouses, and first responders. Oh, and this discount can be applied to markdown prices, too!
- Nike offers a 10% discount on Nike.com and in Nike retail stores. Call (800) 806-6453 for online orders.
- Oakley Standard Issue provides military personnel and first responders exclusive access to products unavailable to “civilians.” They offer 30-70% off their products and a 10% discount once your status is approved.
- Rack Room Shoes offers a 10% military discount on Tuesdays — and 20% off on Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Veterans Day.
- Sam’s Club offers a free $10 eGift card for active and retired military. This offer is only valid at the time you purchase or renew a membership for Sam’s Savings, Business, or Sam’s Plus.
- Tirebuyer.com has a 10% online discount on tires for active-duty members, veterans, and their family members.
- Yeti offers all verified veterans, military members, and first responders special pricing for select gear via the ID.me program.
These retailers offer veteran discounts a few times a year, usually on or around Veterans Day in November:
22. Academy Sports+Outdoors offers a 10% online and in-store discount from time to time. Keep an eye on them in the future to see their discounts!
23. In the past, Amazon has held a Veterans Day special offering $40 off of Prime memberships (down from $119/year to $79/year) for all military veterans.
25. The Walgreens military discount is offered three times a year and is good for 20% off all in-store purchases if you’re a veteran, active military, or military family member. The discount windows pop up around Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Veteran’s Day.
Related: Looking for the full list of Veteran’s Day freebies and deals? We’ve already assembled it.
Earn up to 30% off electronics and tech with these military discount deals.
25. Apple offers 10% off for military personnel and their families on select items.
26. AT&T offers military members and veterans 25% off select cell phone plans through the AT&T government discount program.
27. Dell.com has a 10% military discount for all PCs and electronics.
28. Hewlett Packard (HP) offers up to 35% off products with free shipping on all orders.
29. Microsoft offers Office 365 for $69.99/yr (30% off) for military personnel and their families.
30. Samsung offers military service members up to 30% off Samsung products and plans.
31. T-Mobile provides military personnel a special Magenta Military plan at $25/line for four lines (about $10/mo cheaper).
32. Verizon offers a 15% discount on monthly wireless service for active service members or veterans.
Get special military and veteran pricing on travel and entertainment.
If you haven’t already, you might consider investing in the Veterans Advantage Program. If you travel a lot (or have a large family), even more reason. This card is offered to active US military personnel, veterans, and their dependents. It costs $60/year but it qualifies you for a host of discounts like up to 5% off airfare through United Airlines. Other travel companies that offer discounts to Veterans Advantage cardholders include Amtrak, Carnival Cruise Line, Thrifty Rent-a-Car, and Choice Hotels.
These airlines offer great traveling incentives for military families:
33. Alaska Airlines offers several benefits to military personnel, including:
- Book special priced military fares
- Check five bags for free
- 5% off flights for Veterans Advantage members
- Pet transport for military families
- Complimentary Alaska Lounge access for active service members
- Priority boarding for active service members
- 15% off snacks for military and their family
34. Allegiant Airlines allows active-duty members and veterans to check up to two bags for free, bring one pet along, and charges no fee for oversized luggage, among other perks.
35. American Airlines offers military discounts to active military personnel and their families as well as relaxed advance purchase requirements, access to preferred seating, and preferential boarding privileges. Call American at (800) 433-7300 for more information.
36. Delta Airlines offers “recognition and savings not available to civilian customers” as well as three free bags and free pet travel. You have to call 1-800-221-1212 to get the deals; online reservations won’t work.
37. Frontier Airlines gives military members one free personal item, one free carry-on and two free checked bags with military ID.
38. JetBlue Airlines gives a 5% discount on the base fare for active-duty members not traveling on orders and a 5% discount for Veterans Advantage members. Check out their baggage waiver benefits, too!
39. Southwest offers military discounts to active military personnel and their families. These discounts are only available by contacting Southwest directly at (800) 435-9792. Discount solely depends on itinerary.
40. Spirit offers two free checked bags and a free carry-on, in addition to the one free personal item for active-duty U.S. military personnel.
Get to where you’re going for cheaper with these car rental, train, and bus discounts for military personnel:
42. Alamo has unpublished special car rental rates for active duty and retired members of the military.
43. Amtrak offers a 10% discount to active-duty US military personnel, their spouses, and their dependents on the lowest available rail fare on most Amtrak trains, including for travel on the Auto Train.
46. Greyhound offers a 10% discount on the Greyhound walk-up (unrestricted) fare for active-duty and retired military personnel and their dependent family members. Military personnel can also travel Greyhound for a maximum fare of $259 round trip anywhere in the continental U.S.
Save on entertainment with these awesome theme park and lodging military discounts:
48. Busch Gardens offers special 50% off pricing for up to six discounted tickets for veterans, retirees, and Inactive Ready Reservists.
49. Caesars hotels in Las Vegas discount verified military members’ hotel rooms up to 35% off.
50. Choice Hotels offers military and government members and their families discounted hotel rates.
51. Cinemark Movie Theaters offers a military discount that varies by location.
52. Embassy Suites has discounted pricing for military personnel available on their website.
53. Hyatt offers 10-15% off rooms when you book with the Government Rate on their website.
54. Knott’s Berry Farm in California offers free admission for active/retired/veteran U.S. military personnel and one guest during their Military Tribute Days (around Veteran’s Day).
55. KOA Campgrounds offer a military discount between 5-15% off the regular price at select locations.
56. Legoland Florida gives active duty members of the military a free admission with ID. Veterans, non-active military and military families get special deals on admission and lodging at the Legoland Hotel.
57. Red Roof Inn will give 20% discounts to Veterans Advantage members.
58. Sea World Parks & Entertainment offers a free complimentary single-day pass for any active-duty, activated or drilling reservist, or National Guardsman. And up to three direct dependents of military personnel also get free admission!
59. Six Flags gives a 20% military discount on one-day General Admission tickets available at their Guest Services Center.
60. Universal Studios Hollywood provides active-duty, retirees, and disabled veterans $3 off a General Admission ticket.
61. Vettix Event Tickets: Vettix is a non-profit organization where people can donate event tickets (concerts, sporting events, etc.) to the organization.
62. Walt Disney World has special military-only discounts on their resort hotels.
TIP: Most military bases offer exclusive discounted tickets to theme parks and other events available at MWR or ITT recreation offices. Contact your closest military base to learn more.
Avoid checking account minimums and fees with these military-friendly banks.
63. Chase Bank offers checking accounts for current service members and veterans with no minimum balance and no monthly maintenance fee.
64. First Citizens Bank provides checking accounts for active-duty military personnel, full-time National Reserve members, and full-time National Guard members with no minimum balance (with a monthly direct deposit), no monthly maintenance fee, and the first two non-First Citizens ATM fees reimbursed.
65. US Bank has checking accounts for current and former members of the U.S. Armed Forces with no minimum balance and no monthly maintenance fee.
66. Wells Fargo offers Worldwide Military Banking with no charges for cash withdrawals at up to four non-Wells Fargo ATMs stateside and four internationally.
67. Zions Bank offers checking accounts for current service members and their dependents and veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces with no minimum balance, no monthly maintenance fee, and all ATM fees waived for those currently deployed.
Eat for cheap (or free) at these restaurants that honor our military.
68. A&W gives military (active and retired) 10% off year-round with ID.
69. Arby’s gives 10% off at select locations for military personnel with ID.
70. Bennigans gives active and retired military 10% off in-store.
71. Bob Evans takes 10% off the total bill for ID’d members of the military (and gives a free entree on Veterans Day).
72. Bojangles gives customers 10% off with military ID.
73. Bonefish Grill gives military personnel and first responders 10% off their bill with ID.
74. Boston Market gives veterans and active duty military 5-10% off their meal, depending on location.
75. Bubba Gump Shrimp Co takes 10% off the bill with military ID.
76. Buffalo Wild Wings gives past/current members of the military 10-15% off, depending on your location.
77. Chuck E Cheese provides military personnel two exclusive menu options that combine food, beverages, and play points at a discounted price.
78. Dave & Buster’s takes 10% off the food bill with valid military ID.
79. Denny’s offers 10% off and is known to give military members a free Build Your Own Grand Slam (check your location to make sure yours offers this).
80. El Pollo Loco offers 15% off (but no more than $1.50 off) for military personnel and first responders with ID.
81. Hooters has a 10% daily discount, and 20% off on Tuesdays with military ID. They also get a free entree on Memorial Day.
82. IHOP offers customers with valid military ID 10-15% off their bill, depending on location.
83. Jersey Mike’s takes 10% off the bill for service members.
84. Logan’s Roadhouse gives veterans and active-duty service members 10% off everyday, and free meal offers throughout the year.
85. Long John Silver’s hosts Military Mondays where customers get 20% off with military ID. The rest of the time, they offer 10% off.
86. Medieval Times offers special discounted ticket prices for all military personnel and their families.
87. The Melting Pot has a 10% off military discount everyday (excluding holidays).
88. Outback Steakhouse offers all servicemen and women, police officers, and firefighters 10% off their entire check.
89. Red Lobster hosts Military Mondays, which gives all active-duty military personnel 10% off their meal.
90. Shoney’s discounts their meals 15% for all members of the military and first responders.
These restaurants have been known to honor veterans, active duty service members, and their families on Veterans Day:
91. Applebees serves free meals to veterans and active-duty service members every year on Veterans Day.
92. Bruegger’s Bagels is giving away a free bagel with cream cheese.
93. California Pizza Kitchen gave veterans and military a complimentary entree and beverage from a select menu.
94. Chili’s serves a free select menu for veterans and active-duty service members on Veterans Day.
95. Cici’s Pizza gives veterans and active-duty military personnel a free adult buffet on Veterans Day.
96. Cracker Barrel has given away a piece of Double Chocolate Fudge Coca-Cola Cake.
97. Dunkin gives away a free donut per military service member.
We’ve got an even bigger Veteran’s Day restaurant deals list.
98. Famous Dave’s gives all former and current military a free Georgia Chopped Pork Sandwich and a side all day for dine-in and carry-out orders. If ordering online at FamousDaves.com/togo use the code VETERAN.
99. Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers gave away free combo meal comp cards to veterans and current military that could be used through the rest of November.
100. Joe’s Crab Shack takes 20% off for veterans and active-duty military (dine-in only).
101. Krispy Kreme gives veterans and active-duty military a free doughnut with small coffee.
102. Little Caesars offers a free Lunch Combo to military and veterans at participating locations on Veterans Day.
104. Olive Garden gives veterans an entrée from a special menu, unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks.
105. On the Border has offered all active and retired military a free Pick 2 combo meal.
106. Romano’s Macaroni Grill celebrates veterans with a free Mom’s Ricotta Meatballs and Spaghetti entree. Valid for dine-in or carryout.
107. Ruby Tuesday is known to give military members and veterans a freebie, like an appetizer or a sandwich.
108. Starbucks gives away free tall (12-ounce) brewed coffees.
109. Village Inn restaurants have offered veterans and active military a complimentary V.I.B. breakfast plus a 20% coupon for their next visit.
110. Zaxby’s has been known to give military service members a free boneless wings meal with ID.