We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Before you do anything else, be sure to download the Krazy Coupon Lady app and bookmark our Best Buy coupons page. We’ll send you alerts as soon as deals drop on hot items, including PlayStation 5 consoles and the Nintendo Switch.
As you prep your holiday shopping lists and shop Black Friday deals across retailers, it all comes down to knowing when the Black Friday ads drop, how to sort through the best deals, and how to strategize your shopping. We’ve got the top things you need to know in order to make the most of your time and money on Best Buy Black Friday 2022.
Looking for the latest Best Buy deals? Check out our Best Buy coupons page or text BLACKFRIDAY to 57299 and receive real-time text alerts when Black Friday deals go live.
1. Best Buy Black Friday 2022 deals are happening now!
The Best buy Black Friday ad dropped on Sunday, Nov. 20, 2022. The 141-page ad features TONS of deals on TVs, laptops, tablets, headphones, and so much more.
When is Best Buy Black Friday 2022?
As for the main event, the Best Buy Black Friday 2022 sale started Sunday, Nov. 20, 2022, the same day their Black Friday ad dropped.
- Nov. 20 – 25: Black Friday Sale
- Nov. 24: Thanksgiving Day Sale — only available online
- Nov. 28: Cyber Week deals start online and in store
2. Best Buy Black Friday in-store hours start at 5 a.m. and last until 10 p.m.
In past years — when Best Buy was actually open on Thanksgiving Day — Best Buy stores nationwide opened at 8 a.m. on Black Friday. This year, Doorbusters will most likely start around 5 a.m., since Best Buy stores won’t be open on Thanksgiving Day.
Either way, you’ll want to get in line at least an hour before the store opens, as they usually hand out tickets to customers. Best Buy Black Friday hours? They open at 5 a.m.!
3. No more rushing to shop after the big family dinner — Best Buy Thanksgiving hours are not a thing.
Best Buy will be closed on Thanksgiving Day 2022. They’ll join a few other stores that are closed on Thanksgiving like Walmart and Target. You’ll be able to shop online, though — All. Day. Long.
But if you’re ready for some in-store action. . .
4. Look to save on Beats headphones during the Best Buy Early Black Friday sale.
This is in line with the value we’ve seen from Best Buy early Black Friday sales in previous years. Here are some hot deals we’re seeing now on Beats headphones and Samsung Earbuds:
5. Save $67.98 on a Nintendo Switch bundle at Best Buy during Black Friday.
But Best Buy went further last year. In addition to the Switch console and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (reg. $59.99), Best Buy also included a 3-month membership to Nintendo Switch Online (reg. $7.99). That was $67.98 in free stuff!
See more Nintendo Switch Black Friday deals.
TIP: If you’ve been struggling to find a Nintendo Switch, then we recommend you set up a Zoolert alert to be notified every time the Nintendo Switch is in stock at Best Buy and other retailers.
6. Save on Xbox, PS and Nintendo games & consoles on BestBuy.com.
It no surprise that gaming consoles will be a hot commodity this holiday shopping season. Black Friday is always a great time to find the best deals on gaming consoles and video games but the trouble may be finding them in-stock.
Here are some Early Black Friday deals we spotted on gaming consoles and games happening right now:
- Microsoft Xbox Series S 512 GB All-Digital Version, $249.99 (reg. $299.99)
- Halo Infinite Standard Edition, $19.99 (reg. $59.99)
- Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition, $34.99 (reg. $59.99)
7. Look for a Best Buy smart TV bundled with FuboTV, Apple TV Plus, and Fire TV and save up to 52%.
If a big smart TV with a small price tag is on your wish list, aim to score up to 52% in savings. In 2021, the Insignia 55″ Fire TV (reg. $549.99) was available for $299.99, and it was bundled with 30 days of free FuboTV (reg. $64.99) and three months of Apple TV+ (reg. $14.97 total).
8. If you see “Only at Best Buy” on TVs, expect stripped-down versions of more expensive TVs sold by the same brand.
We’ve seen this from Best Buy with brands like Toshiba, Samsung, and LG. What does “Only at Best Buy” mean? Basically, the TV was made for Best Buy to sell specifically on Black Friday.
9. Best Buy Chromebook deals will score you deep savings the week of Black Friday.
Chromebooks are among the very best buys (pun absolutely intended) of the season. So if you missed the back-to-school laptop sales and are looking to upgrade for the spring semester, Black Friday at Best Buy is the time to pull the trigger.
Here are the best early Black Friday deals on Chromebooks we’re seeing now at Best Buy:
- HP 15.6″ Intel Pentium Silver Chromebook Laptop (8GB, 64GB), $249 (reg. $349)
- ASUS 17.3″ Chromebook Intel Celeron N4500 Chromebook Laptop (4GB, 64GB), $289 (reg. $389)
- Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 5 Chromebook – 13.3″ (8GB, 128GB), $369 (reg. $499)
See more Chromebook Black Friday deals.
10. Save up to $400 on a Best Buy MacBook during the Early Black Friday sale.
Right now you can shop Best Buy for Early Black Friday Deals and you can save up to $400 off select MacBook purchases. Best Buy will also include four free months of Apple Music (reg. $39.96 total), three free months of Apple iCloud+, and three free months of Apple TV+ (reg. $14.97 total).
Here are a couple Early Black Friday deals happening now for Apple MacBooks:
- MacBook Air 13.3″ Laptop (8GB, 256GB), $799.99 (reg. $999.99)
- MacBook Pro 14″ Laptop (16GB, 512GB), $1,599 (reg. $1,999)
11. Skip Best Buy’s appliances during Black Friday.
But we’re looking for the very best savings, and you don’t need to wait until Black Friday for those.
Best Buy offers up to 40% off open-box appliances year-round (see what’s offered here). You choose from Excellent, Satisfactory, and Fair conditions. The bigger the cosmetic signs of use, the steeper the discount.
12. Use Best Buy curbside pickup if you want to avoid the crowds.
If the thought of walking into a Best Buy store on Black Friday scares you, try placing your online order with free in-store or curbside pickup instead. Depending on the time of day you order, your stuff could be ready in as little as 30 minutes.
You can pick up your order inside the store, or choose contactless curbside pickup at checkout. Note that this strategy will only be successful if the product you’re buying is already in stock at your Best Buy location.
13. Place your order by 2 p.m. and get Best Buy same-day delivery.
For the past two years, Best Buy gave shoppers some sweet options for receiving products faster than ever, with Best Buy same-delivery and free curbside pickup.
They offer same-day delivery on a wide range of items, as long as you place your order by 2 p.m. (orders are delivered by 8 p.m.). Anything ordered after that time is eligible for free next-day delivery, which still rocks.
It’s especially useful when you consider that delivery services such as Instacart can’t match Best Buy’s holiday sale prices.
Check to see if Best Buy’s Same Day Delivery is available in your area, then simply add the option at checkout and you’ll be good to go.
14. The Best Buy holiday return policy lets you return items through Jan. 14, 2023.
Best Buy introduced a super-long return window a few years ago that’s handy for holiday shopping. Purchases made Oct. 24 through Dec. 31, 2022, can be returned through Jan. 14, 2023.
15. Ditch the small Best Buy kitchen appliances and shop Kohl’s instead for 70% – 80% off with rebates.
Don’t buy slow cookers, air fryers, or any other small kitchen appliance from Best Buy during Black Friday. Instead, use rebates at Kohl’s, Macy’s, and JCPenney to take 70% – 80% off your purchase. During Black Friday 2021 we used rebates to save on:
- Bella and Art & Cook appliances from Macy’s
- Cooks air fryers from JCPenney
- Toastmaster appliances from Kohl’s
16. Best Buy Price Match Guarantee gives you the lowest price until mid-January.
The Best Buy Price Match Guarantee includes both price matching with competitors and price adjusting with Best Buy’s own prices. Normally, the guarantee works within the normal return and exchange window: 15 days within purchase of most items if you’re not a My Best Buy member. But during the holidays, this policy gets a big boost.
Anything you purchase from Oct. 24 through Dec. 31, 2022 (unless it’s on the list of exclusions) can be returned through Jan. 14, 2023. That means you could shop the Best Buy Early Black Friday sale, buy all of your holiday gifts, and then sit back and watch for the price to drop until mid-January. The only days not included in the policy are the Friday before Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.
If the price does happen to drop on an item, you’ll get reimbursed automatically if you’re a member of My Best Buy or the Best Buy Totaltech program.
17. Open a Best Buy credit card two weeks before Black Friday.
If you know you’re going to make a big purchase during Best Buy Black Friday 2022 and it makes sense financially, consider signing up for the Best Buy credit card.
You’ll get 5% back every day, plus 10% back on your first day of purchases.
Realize that the 10% back you get on your first day of shopping with the credit card is only valid for 14 days after you sign up, so make sure to time it right if you want to use the 10% off during Best Buy Black Friday deals!
As always, be sure to pay off your balance within 25 days of your purchase date, because interest rates on credit cards are very steep.
If you have any more questions about how you can make the most of your Best Buy savings on Black Friday, let me know in the comments below and I’ll get back to you.