The Victoria’s Secret Semi-Annual Sale ran from June 8 through July 19, 2023 — that’s a really long time for this particular event (41 days!). The next sale is predicted to start on Dec. 26, 2023, and we want to get you prepared for it. However, before we dive into what to buy (and what to skip), let us tell you why this twice-a-year sale is so darn good.
First of all, not even the Victoria’s Secret Black Friday sale can compare. While Black Friday discounts linger around 40% – 50%, Semi-Annual Sale discounts can reach up to 80%. I’m talking bras for $12.99, panties for $2.99, and sweats of all styles for just $20.
Now you know why the Semi-Annual Sale is a must-shop, so let’s get you ready to shop the sale — which happens online and in stores. I laid out all the insider deets you need to score the best deals, like when to shop, how much you should aim to save, and which items give you the most bang for your buck. And while you’re at it, freshen up on our full list of Victoria’s Secret sale tips to get your head in the game.
1. The Victoria’s Secret Semi-Annual Sale happens twice a year, in June and December.
The Summer Semi-Annual Sale 2023 started June 8 and ended on July 19.
Victoria’s Secret starts their Summer Semi-Annual Sale in June, but the exact dates change each year. In 2023, it kicked off early on June 8 and ran through July 19. However, in 2022 the sale ran from June 14 through July 18.
Generally speaking, you can expect the Summer Semi-Annual Sale to start in June and run for more than a month.
The Winter Semi-Annual Sale typically starts on Dec. 26.
Victoria’s Secret started their Winter Semi-Annual Sale online on Dec. 26, and the in-store deals started on Dec. 29. The winter sale ran through Jan. 16, 2023. We will let you know when we predict the 2023 winter sale to start. We expect another three-weeks-or-so sale, though.
2. Aim to save 50% – 80% at Victoria’s Secret and PINK during the Semi-Annual Sale.
I know — 50% off at Victoria’s Secret and PINK can take you places, but during the Semi-Annual Sale, it’s all-in or nothing. So aim high.
Some items like perfume will reach a max discount of 50%, but other items will give you much better savings. Overall, the best things to buy during the Semi-Annual sales are swimwear, bras, panties, PINK sweats, and mists and lotions.
3. Look for an extra 25% off clearance items during both sales.
During the past two Semi-Annual sales, Victoria’s Secret sweetened the online deals with an extra 25% off clearance. Now THIS is the time to stock up on panties for $2.99 and bras for $9.99 or less. You won’t find better deals than these.
Also keep an eye out for an extra 25% off coupon code (in the past, the code was EXTRA25). Make sure you sign up for Victoria’s Secret emails and their new to get up-to-date offers throughout the Semi-Annual Sale.
4. Hack the Victoria’s Secret 14-day price adjustment policy; shop sale prices two weeks early to make sure you get the style/size you want.
Victoria’s Secret has a 14-day price adjustment policy, so if you buy something that goes on sale within two weeks, you can request the lower price.
I don’t know about you, but my bra size is almost always sold out — especially during sale times. Either that or only weird colors and patterns are left. But with the 14-day price adjustment policy, I can shop before the sale starts — when sizes that fit (and colors I like) are still in stock — and get the same sale prices.
This is a HUGE perk when the Semi-Annual Sale hits for two reasons:
- Items sell out FAST. The deals are so good they get snatched up fast, so you won’t always find the sizes and colors you’re looking for. But you can literally get first dibs on a wider selection of items if you shop before the sale and request a price adjustment once it starts.
- Some items get better markdowns later on in the sale. Because things tend to sell out fast, the best thing you could do is shop early on in the sale. But if you buy something that gets a better price later on, you can ask for a price adjustment to lock in the best deal.
5. Skip the panties bundle and buy them for just $2.99 a pair during the Semi-Annual sales.
In my opinion, the typical “5 for $30” panties bundle is a sham compared to Semi-Annual Sale prices. I’ve seen Victoria’s Secret clearance panties for just $2.99 during both summer and winter sales, so why pay more than twice as much?
Wait for that extra 25% off clearance offer to get the absolute lowest prices. If you don’t want to wait and risk losing the size and colors you want, you’ll still find panties from $3.99 – $4.99 a pair at the start of these sales.
6. Buy clearance bras for as low as $5.99 during the Semi-Annual Sale.
Yup! Victoria’s Secret bras under $10 are a true staple of the Semi-Annual Sale.
During the winter sale, multiple bras were priced from $7.99 – $9.99 in the clearance section. And with the extra 25% clearance discount, you’ll pay as low as $5.99.
These are some of the bra styles I’ve seen at super low prices:
- Victoria’s Secret Sexy Tee Unlined Demi Bra (reg. $34.50)
- Incredible by Victoria’s Secret Unlined Plunge Bra (reg. $42.50)
- Body by Victoria Lightly Lined Full Coverage Bra (reg. $56.50)
- Dream Angels Unlined Balconette Bra (reg. $56.50)
- Very Sexy Starburst Plunge Bra (reg. $66.50)
7. Stock up on clearance swimwear during the Summer Semi-Annual Sale.
It’s worth looking for clearance swimwear during both sales, especially since there tends to be deals in the off-season, too. But during the last summer sale, we found clearance swim tops for $5.99 (76% off) and clearance swim bottoms for $3.74 (81% off) at Victoria’s Secret.
8. Join the Victoria’s Secret Pink Collective to earn rewards on your purchases.
Recently Victoria’s Secret launched a new loyalty program: The Victoria’s Secret Pink Collective. When you sign up, they’ll give you 100 points just for joining. Then, expect to earn 5 points on every $1 you spend at Victoria’s Secret or Pink You’ll hit 2000 points after spending $400, and then can expect your first redeemable reward for $10 off a purchase.
9. Plan to spend at least $100 online to get free shipping, or choose free in-store pickup.
You’ll have to spend a bit to get free shipping online during the Semi-Annual Sale. Victoria’s Secret normally offers free shipping on purchases of $100 or more during both the summer and winter sales, but you can always opt for free in-store pickup when you check out.
10. Victoria’s Secret Credit Card holders get exclusive Semi-Annual Sale perks, like free shipping at $50 and 3x points.
The Victoria’s Secret Credit Card is, after all, a store credit card. But if you’re good about paying off your balance ASAP, you can use it to your advantage during the Semi-Annual Sale.
Victoria’s Secret notoriously dishes out extra perks for cardholders during these sales, like triple rewards points (for members of The Collective loyalty program) on your purchases when you pay with your card, and free shipping on orders of $50 or more (instead of the normal $100 free shipping minimum). Cardholders also get early access to the Semi-Annual Sale, so they get first dibs on the deals.
11. Victoria’s Secret gives you 30 days to return your Semi-Annual Sale purchases.
Don’t forget that Victoria’s Secret recently tightened their 90-day return window, so you have a lot less time to return items you don’t love. Their return policy now gives you just 30 days to return items for a full refund as long as you have your original receipt. To qualify for a return, your items must be unwashed, unworn, and otherwise in their original condition.
So once you reap the benefits of the Semi-Annual Sale, be sure to (carefully) try on your items immediately to decide whether or not they’re keepers. And absolutely KEEP THOSE TAGS ON if you aren’t totally sure!
Related: Learn all the ins and outs of the Victoria’s Secret return policy.