And don’t even get me started on Black Friday at Walmart! If you’re shopping for toys, Apple products or video games, Walmart is your jam.
Read on, watch the video below, and I’ll show you how to extreme coupon at Walmart.
1. Skip the Walmart Black Friday chaos and shop almost all Walmart deals online.
The Walmart Black Friday 2020 ad dropped Nov. 13, with deals that started the day the ad releases.
If you do Walmart Black Friday in store, go for the “Special Buy” doorbusters and use the color-coded zone maps in the Walmart app to navigate the store. Items like electronics, toys, and home goods are rarely where they normally are on Black Friday.
When shopping Black Friday online, don’t expect to price match to the store’s price, and avoid paying shipping costs by having your item(s) shipped to the store for free.
Huge Pre-Black Friday sales begin a week before Black Friday, so be ready by downloading the free Krazy Coupon Lady app. Get alerted as soon as deals go live!
2. Use one manufacturer coupon per item according to the Walmart coupon policy.
Have three of the same product? Be prepared to use three manufacturer coupons — newspaper or printable.
In order to be in compliance with the Walmart coupon policy, coupons must read “Manufacturer Coupon” across the top, have an expiration date, and a scannable barcode.
3. Walmart is one of the only stores that will actually pay your transaction overage in cash.
Walmart’s coupon policy states “In select instances, Walmart may give cash after overages are applied to the transaction total (remaining basket).” Exceptions include SNAP and WIC transactions — any overage will only apply to the transaction total, no cash back.
How to score Walmart products for free:
- The $1.00 trial-size section at Walmart is a great place to score free products when you’re using manufacturer coupons! You’ll receive the overage if the coupon value exceeds the item price. Just be aware of the fine print — it may exclude trial/travel size items.
- Combining coupons with clearance items is another great way to find moneymakers. For example, recently we saw a deal for a hand soap that was on clearance for $0.75 and with a $1.00/1 coupon became a $0.25 moneymaker.
- Check out The Krazy Coupon Lady freebies and moneymaker pages to easily find stellar deals at Walmart. And download the free Krazy Coupon Lady app, where you can set deal alerts for all your favorite brands at Walmart.
4. Use rebate apps like Ibotta on top of manufacturer coupons and Walmart sale prices.
Ibotta is one of our favorite cash-back apps, and Walmart consistently has more Ibotta offers than most grocery stores. Check to see if any new Ibotta offers have coupons available, because you can definitely use them at checkout and then submit for Ibotta rebates using the QR code on your receipt after you’re done in the store.
Or, quickly scan everything on your shopping list as you put it into the cart to see if any Ibotta rebate offers are available.
Inside the Walmart section of the Ibotta app, tap the “Search” icon in the upper right-hand corner. Where you’d normally type a product name, you’ll see a barcode icon. Tap that and scan your product’s barcode to see if there’s an Ibotta offer.
Granted, this way isn’t going to save you as much money, but you might nab an extra couple dollars you didn’t expect to save that day.
Free rebate apps that work well at Walmart:
5. Walmart coupon acceptance is at the manager’s discretion.
It’s a little annoying that Walmart’s corporate coupon policy states: “Store managers have the final decision in taking care of customers.”
This means that while one Walmart may allow you to use 10 of the same coupon in the same transaction, another may not — and it’s all based on the store manager’s decisions.
Best way to avoid issues at the register? Keep a copy of the Walmart coupon policy with you.
6. Walmart clearance is marked down within the first few days of the month.
At the beginning of the month, you’ll find the widest selection of clearance items.
Where clearance is located in any given Walmart is never the same. For the most part, clearance items will be located in their own aisles, but sometimes — specifically when Walmart clearances holiday products — they’ll reserve a couple aisles for clearance.
7. The date on a Walmart price tag shows the last time an item’s price changed.
Every Walmart price tag contains the date the tag was printed. In some cases, it can be useful to know whether the price of an item you’re considering has been stable for a long time. Particularly with clearance pricing, a three-month-old price tag could mean a new markdown is imminent.
8. Clearance prices will never go back up — Walmart Rollbacks can.
Once an item is marked as clearance, it can still drop in price, but it’s not going to go back to its original price.
Rollbacks, however, can go back to their regular price. Rollbacks are temporary price reductions, lasting 4 – 10 weeks on average. Check the date each rollback began to get an idea of how long the price drop may remain.
9. Produce, meat, and Walmart bakery items are marked down one day before their “best by” date.
They are all typically marked down the day prior at 8 p.m. Check the “best by” date.
If it’s a day before the “best by” date and it hasn’t been marked down, you can find a Walmart employee and have them mark it down for you.
10. Use BrickSeek to check a product’s inventory at your local Walmart.
Ever been frustrated by making a trip to the store to grab a clearance deal from KCL only to find your store doesn’t have any in stock?
Brickseek.com is a free website that reports store inventory by UPC code at Target, Walmart, Lowe’s, and other retailers. Enter the UPC number of the product you’re interested in buying (you can find the UPC number on an item’s price tag), and BrickSeek will show whether the item is in stock, limited quantity, or out of stock at stores near you.
11. Type “clearance” into Walmart.com’s search bar to find Walmart online clearance.
It’s that easy. From there you can refine your search or browse all clearance.
12. Price matching is only available on Walmart.com and Jet.com — not in store.
The Walmart Price Matching policy states: “We will match Walmart.com and Jet.com base price, for identical items purchased in a Walmart store.” If you find a lower base price from these two Walmart-owned online sites on an identical, in-stock product in your local store, it may qualify for a price match.
This does not apply to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, and the store manager still reserves the right to price match, or not.
13. Get a free deluxe size sample at Walmart Freeosks.
There are over 1,300 Freeosk locations nationwide, most of them located in Walmarts and Sam’s Clubs.
Download the Freeosk app, scan your phone or text FREEME to 313131, and enter the unique code at the kiosk to get freebies.
Here are some of the samples we’ve seen so far:
- Trolli Sour Brite Crawlers
- Cuties Mandarin Oranges
- Full-sized Clif Bars
- Full-sized Rice Krispies Treats
- Colgate Optic White Toothpaste
14. Use Walmart grocery pickup for free.
You don’t have to pay for the convenience here. Shop Walmart groceries online and meet the $30 minimum order. Then, select a time that’s convenient for you to pick them up. A Walmart employee will even load them into your car for you — no tip required!
Unfortunately, coupons don’t work for Walmart grocery pickup.
15. Get $10 off your first Walmart grocery pickup order and $10 off in the future when you refer a friend.
The way it works is if a friend uses your referral code — you’ll get it when you sign up for Walmart grocery pickup or delivery — that friend will get $10 off a $50 order, and you’ll also get $10 off a $50 order!
You can also get $10 off your first order by texting GROCERY to 474747.
Note: The $10 Walmart promo codes can’t be stacked
Check our Walmart deals page for the most up-to-date coupons and Walmart promo codes.
16. Walmart’s NextDay delivery program is 100% free!
Walmart NextDay delivery will include over 220,000 of the most frequently purchased items to start — including diapers, toys, electronics, and basic household supplies. The specific assortment will vary by location.
Look to pay the same prices you would for Walmart grocery pickup. You won’t be paying more for your diaper stock-up or last-minute laundry purchase, but you won’t get any special deals either — at least not yet.
You do have to spend $35.00 to get your free NextDay delivery.
17. Have your prescriptions filled at a Walmart pharmacy and spend just $4 on a generic version — no insurance needed.
Next time you need to, ask your doctor to send your prescription to your local Walmart pharmacy, and ask to make sure you’re able to get a generic version. Double-check your prescription to see if it’s on Walmart’s $4 generic list before you go.
Save on 30-day generic medications and spend just $10 on 90-day prescriptions — no insurance necessary!
Walmart shoppers, you’ve gotta see these deals and tips:
- Walmart Coupons & Deals
- Walmart Coupon Policy
- The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Couponing
- The Krazy Coupon Lady app
- Checkout 51
- Fetch Rewards
- Coupons app