We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
For the past three years, Chick-fil-A has canceled Cow Appreciation Day due to concerns surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic. However, with mask mandates lifted for a while now, we’ve been hoping to hear some good news about the event returning. This year, Chick-fil-A has released Code Moo, a game you can play on your device to earn free food. Just in time for the return of the Peach Milkshake, too. Starting Wednesday, July 26, you can get a free chicken sandwich.
We’ll let you know exactly how to play and get your free Chick-fil-A. Plus, we’ll even let you know some of the exclusive merch and how long the event will last.
Get free Chick-fil-A every week by playing Code Moo on your phone.
Code Moo has officially dropped, and you can play by going to playCodeMoo.com. In the game, you’ll be asked a series of questions based on a geographical location, and it’s your goal to find out which location the question is referring to. After you answer enough questions correctly, you’ll be given a reward added to your Chick-fil-A Rewards app.
Plus, you’ll be entered into a raffle if you complete the challenges every week. You’ll get one entry per week, but if you complete all six weeks, your chances will be doubled. Here are the prizes that you can earn:
- Grand Prize (1 winner): Trip for two to Houston, TX for the 2024 College Football Playoff National Championship with a Waffle Fry party and free Chick-fil-A sandwiches. (ARV: $9,320.16)
- First Prize Winner (23 winners): Cow themed swag bag with visor, slides, beach towel, water bottle, crossbody bag, tote bag, paddle board set, beach hoodie, pocket t-shirt, and plush cow (ARV: $326.00)
You’re limited to one prize per account, and winners will be announced on August 15.
RELATED: 10 Things You Need to Know to Get Free Fast Food
There will be 2,500,000 prizes every week — starting July 26, you can get a free chicken sandwich.
Code Moo will last for six weeks from June 21 to August 1. Each rewards member will be limited to one free reward per week starting on Wednesdays, but they are in limited supply. Each week, only 2,500,000 prizes will be given. Every reward will expire six days after they are awarded, and they can be used at every location as long as you claim your reward on your next order through the Chick-fil-A app.
Here are the different rewards that you can earn:
- Week 1 (June 21 – June 27): free 8-count Chick-fil-A Nugget (reg. $5.39)
- Week 2 (June 28 – July 4): free medium fountain drink (reg. $2.45)
- Week 3 (July 5 – July 11): free Chick-fil-A medium Waffle Fry (reg. $2.65)
- Week 4 (July 12 – July 18): free medium Sunjoy (reg. $2.79)
- Week 5 (July 19 – 25): free Chick-fil-A brownie (reg. $2.29)
- Week 6 (July 26 – August 1): free Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich (reg. $5.29)
Note: On June 26, Chick-fil-A released a new line of merchandise on shop.chick-fil-a.com. All the merch from the raffle will be available through this page.
Cow Appreciation Day will not take place in restaurants this year.
When we heard about the upcoming event for Cow Appreciation Day, we were hoping that we could pick up a free Chick-fil-A sandwich just for dressing up as a cow. However, when we called the Chick-fil-A offices, a representative let us know that there will be no in-person freebies this year either.
In previous years, kids received a free Chick-fil-A sandwich (regularly $5.29) while adults could get an entree of their choice (up to $8.85 value) when they dressed like a cow.
Join the Chick-fil-A rewards program and save on menu items year-round.
No need to wait for the annual cow holiday to grab a deal. Join the Chick-fil-A rewards program online or through their app to save all year long. You’ll earn 10 points for every $1 spent and receive fun stuff like Chick-fil-A coupons for free food and birthday rewards.
Prices differ by location, but here’s an idea of what points can buy:
- 300 points – Cookie ($1.69 value)
- 400 points – Medium waffle fries ($2.75 value)
- 400 points – Medium Coke ($2.49 value)
- 600 points – Medium lemonade ($2.89 value)
- 900 points – 8-piece nuggets ($5.49 value)
- 1,000 points – Spicy Deluxe sandwich ($6.49 value)
- 1,200 points – Grilled Chicken Club sandwich ($8.89 value)
- 2,000 points – Spicy Southwest salad ($10.15 value)