We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
This time of the year, Chick-fil-A fans gear up for the annual Chick-fil-A Cow Appreciation Day (the second Tuesday in July), where customers in cow costumes get a free entree — worth up to $7.89!
Unfortunately, for the third year in a row, the celebration has been cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
While we’ll have to wait until at least 2023 for the next Cow Appreciation Day, Chick-fil-A has offered some fun ideas to keep you in a festive mood while staying safe at home.
In the meantime, we’ve got lots of ways to save on Chick-fil-A that you’ll want to check out.
Create your cow costume for Cow Appreciation Day — or Halloween at the very least.
Can’t hurt to start working on your costume! In order to get a free entree on Chick-fil-A Cow Appreciation Day, all you have to do is wear any kind of cow-themed apparel. But depending on your bovine enthusiasm, you could go all out or just make some cow-themed accessories.
You can also get a free kids’ meal (reg. $5.75) for children under the age of 12 when you visit a Chick-fil-A location in costume on Halloween at certain Chick-fil-A locations. Unfortunately, it varies from location to location, so you’ll have to check your local Chick-fil-A to see if they’re running this deal.
Here are some cost-effective ways to get your free entree when Cow Appreciation Day returns:
- Turn a white headband ($0.99 at Hobby Lobby) into a cow accessory by painting on black patches ($0.54 at Amazon)
- Tape black patches of paper ($1.99 at Hobby Lobby) onto a white shirt ($2.99 at Hobby Lobby) and you’re good to go
- Create a cow mask with black and white patches of paper ($1.99 at Hobby Lobby)
When Cow Appreciation Day returns, all Chick-fil-A locations celebrate with menu specials.
When Cow Appreciation Day is back on the calendar, no need to call your local Chick-fil-A — they ALL participate in the fan-fave cow holiday! In 2019, kids received a free Chick-fil-A sandwich (reg. $4.65), and everyone else received a free entrée — up to a $7.89 value.
TIP: Chick-fil-A is keeping the Cow Appreciation Day spirit alive by offering 52 different downloadable activities on their Pinterest board. If you do one every week, it’ll be time for Cow Appreciation Day again.
Join the Chick-fil-A rewards program and save on menu items year-round.
No need to wait for the annual cow holiday to grab a deal. Join the Chick-fil-A rewards program online or through their app to save all year long. You’ll earn 10 points for every $1 spent and receive rewards like Chick-fil-A coupons for free food and birthday rewards.
Prices differ by location, but here’s an idea of what points can buy:
- 150 points – Cookie ($1.55 value)
- 200 points – Medium waffle fries ($2.29 value)
- 250 points – Medium Coke ($2.09 value)
- 350 points – Medium lemonade ($2.39 value)
- 500 points – 8-piece nuggets ($4.69 value)
- 650 points – Spicy Deluxe sandwich ($5.79 value)
- 950 points – Grilled Chicken Club sandwich ($7.89 value)
- 1,500 points – Spicy Southwest salad ($9.55 value)