We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
If you’re planning ahead for Black Friday 2022, then there’s a good chance Macy’s Black Friday deals are on your hit list no matter what you’re shopping for.
Macy’s is famous for Black Friday shopping traditions like free-after-rebate doorbusters, small appliances for under $10, and 85% savings on jewelry. But since 2020, Macy’s Black Friday sale has changed, and we haven’t seen some of those traditions in years.
I dug through the last three years of data, and I’m here to spell out exactly what to expect from Macy’s Black Friday deals in 2022, including the key dates, strategies, and stock-up prices you need to know.
- If you can’t wait for the sale, check out all the Macy’s deals available now.
- Download the free KCL app and “favorite” Macy’s to see a feed of the latest deals.
- For more shopping tips, read our full list of Macy’s sale hacks to save every time you shop.
Text BLACKFRIDAY to 57299 and receive real-time text alerts when Black Friday deals go live.
1. Expect Macy’s Black Friday deals to start on November 22, 2022.
Even though Macy’s ran early Black Friday deals in 2021 (like everyone, it seems), their true Black Friday sale didn’t start until the week of Thanksgiving.
As they did in years prior, Macy’s launched their Black Friday deals both in stores and online starting the Tuesday before Black Friday. The sale ran through the Saturday right after Black Friday, as usual.
In 2022, that Tuesday falls on Nov. 22, so that’s when we’re expecting to see the sale begin.
2. Macy’s Black Friday ad should go live before Nov. 1.
In 2019 and 2020, Macy’s dropped their Black Friday ad the first week of November. But in 2021, Macy’s released their Black Friday ad earlier than ever — at the end of October.
Macy’s also launched early Black Friday deals starting the first week of November. If they run the same sale, we can expect to see the Black Friday ad before Nov. 1.
3. If 2021 changes hold, expect the deals to begin the first week of November.
Macy’s was once known for “free-after-rebate” doorbuster deals on items like kitchen appliances, glassware sets, plush throws, and more during Black Friday. But Macy’s hasn’t run this promo since 2019, so I’m not confident we’ll see those in 2022.
In 2021 Macy’s launched Black Friday Early Access deals every week in November leading up to Black Friday. They weren’t as great as the free-after-rebate deals, but we still saw 40% – 70% savings on Cuisinart knife sets, women’s slippers, and name-brand bras.
Buy 1 Name-Brand Bra ($34+ regular price), $9.99 sale price
Final Price: $9.99 (72% savings)
4. ‘Bonus Buy’ jewelry is 85% off regular price — the very best of the Black Friday deals at Macy’s.
Macy’s “Bonus Buy” jewelry is consistently one of the best value deals you’ll get from Macy’s Black Friday sale.
In 2020 Macy’s offered diamond earrings (regularly $200) for just $29.99 with any $25 purchase (that’s 85% savings)! Macy’s ran an identical deal in 2021 and slapped 85% discounts on other jewelry items, like these pearl earrings:
Buy 1 Belle de Mer Cultured Freshwater Pearls (regularly $32.50), $4.99 sale price
Final Price: $4.99 (85 % savings)
5. Get $10 in Macy’s Money when you choose no-hurry shipping.
In the past, Macy’s offered $10 in Macy’s Money when you chose no-hurry shipping on orders of $25 or more. I’ve only seen the no-hurry shipping offer around Black Friday, and the earning period for Macy’s Money usually expired before the week of Thanksgiving.
“No-Hurry” shipping means that instead of getting your order in three to six days, it’ll arrive in six to nine days. In 2021, there was no limit to the number of times you could place an order on Macys.com for $25 or more to get $10 in Macy’s Money.
So instead of spending $75, split up your purchase among three separate orders and end up with a total of $30 in Macy’s Money.
6. In 2021 Macy’s put a free 20% off coupon in their Black Friday ad.
Every year since 2019, Macy’s included one or two coupons in their Black Friday ad. In 2020, they had one coupon for $10 off any $25 purchase, and another for $20 off any $50 purchase. In 2021, Macy’s offered one coupon for 20% off select sale and clearance items.
Of course, you can always check for ongoing Macy’s promotions sorted by department.
7. These were our top sellers from last November:
- Lightweight Microfiber Color Down Alternative King Comforter (Hypoallergenic Polyester Fiberfill), $130
- Belle de Mer Cultured Freshwater Button Pearl Stud Earrings (8-9mm), $32.50
- Sunham Soft Spun 27″x52″ Cotton Bath Towel, $14
- Cozy Plush Wrap 50″x70″ Robe Throw Created for Macy’s, $30
- Lightweight Microfiber Color Down Alternative Queen Comforter (Hypoallergenic Polyester Fiberfill), $120
- Club Room Men’s Plaid Flannel Shirt Created for Macy’s, $39.50
- Enchante Cook with Color 4-Pc. Mixing Bowl Set, $30
- T-Fal 3-Pc. Fry Pan Set, $59.99
- 20 Piece Non-Stick Ti-Ceramic Complete Cookware & Bakeware Set, $229.95
- 4 pc. Clinique Discovery Kit, $10
- Charter Club Cozy Plush Printed Throw 50″x70″ Created for Macy’s $12.93
- Shark NV360 Navigator Lift-Away Deluxe Upright Vacuum, $189.95
8. Here are some more of the best Black Friday deals at Macy’s from 2021:
Macy’s Bella Mini Cookware Sets sold for $6.99 (regularly $19.99) on Black Friday
Clinique 2-Piece Gift Sets ($18 value) were on sale for $5 (regularly $9.50)
Clinique 5-Piece Lipstick Sets ($100 value) sold for $20 (regularly $25) during Macy’s Black Friday sale
Sunham Soft Spun Bath Towels (regularly $14) sold for $2.99
Art & Cook 1.5-Quart Slow Cookers (regularly $21.99) sold for $8.99
Macy’s Black Friday Shopping Tips
- Don’t miss our best tips for how to shop Macy’s Black Friday 2022.
- If you can’t wait for the sale, check out the best Macy’s coupons and deals available now.
- Download the KCL app and “favorite” Macy’s (so you don’t have to look for the best deals — we’ll just send them straight to your phone).
- And if you’d like even more tips about shopping at Macy’s, then you gotta read our guide to every single Macy’s hack.
Which Macy’s holiday deals are you on the lookout for? Let me know in the comments below!