We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
The Bath & Body Works Semi-Annual Sale 2023 is the biggest and best sale. And yes, it’s even better than their Black Friday sales, the annual Candle Day, and Body Care Day. The Bath & Body Works Semi-Annual Sale happens twice a year, in June and the day after Christmas. The 2023 summer sale started on June 3 and ran all the way until July 2. The retailer continued to have a small sale section on their site throughout the month of July, but pickings were slim.
It’s important to know that Bath & Body Works offered a Member Exclusive Sneak Peek with online early access the evening prior to June 2. Aside from the Flashback Fragrances, we saw Full-Size Body Care deals like Buy 3, Get 3 Free, $1.98 Wallflower Fragrance Refills, and even seasonal candles that were priced (gasp!) lower than Candle Day.
For information on the Bath & Body Works Semi-Annual sales and all things BBW:
- Text BBW to 57299 to get on our Bath & Body Works text alerts list.
- Download The Krazy Coupon Lady app for the addictive shopping tool you never knew you needed.
- And if you want to zoom out from just reading about the Semi-Annual Sale, might I suggest this guide to ALL the Bath & Body Works Sales Hacks?
Wallflowers Fragrance Refills went as low as $1.98 (reg. $7.95).
Shoppers scooped up some Wallflowers fragrances for as little as $1.98 each. There are the six fragrances that dropped that low:
Select Body Care as low as $3.37
Depending on the scent, you could’ve grabbed select body care for as low as $3.37, regularly priced up to $13.50, that’s a savings of 75%.
Best Bath & Body Works Semi-Annual Sale Deals: July 2023
Have you missed throwback scents like Juniper Breeze and Cucumber Melon? Well, you’re in luck. To celebrate the Semi-Annual sale, Bath & Body Works is offering huge discounts on throwback scents and new scents. Now the prices and deals do change throughout the sale, here’s what things look like as of July 5.
- Body Care for as low as $3.73
- Single Wick Candles for as low as $12
- Hand Soaps & Sanitizers for 5/$27
- Wallflowers Fragrance for as low as $1.98
- Select Men’s Body Care Buy 3, Get 3 Free or Buy 2, Get 1 Free
Flashback fragrances like Cucumber Melon returned in June 2023, as well as Juniper Breeze, White Tea & Ginger, and Plumeria.
Bath & Body Works makes it a point to bring back some nostalgic scents for fans to shop during the semi-annual sales. If you can believe it, Cucumber Melon is 25 years old (cheers!) and back for customers to scoop up. Other flashback fragrances you’ll find during the sale include Juniper Breeze, White Tea & Ginger, and Plumeria.
1. The Bath & Body Works Semi-Annual Sale started on June 3, 2023.
It may be on pause until December 26, but the last Bath & Body Works Semi-Annual Sale kicked off June 3 and lasted through July 2. It typically lasts roughly four weeks so the start and end date weren’t a big shocker if you follow BBW. In prior years, it had started mid-June and gone through the first week of July.
2. The Semi-Annual Sale happens twice each year — once in June and again in December.
In the past, the summer Semi-Annual Sale always began in mid-June and ran beyond the Fourth of July. The days of the week it has started for the last four years have been Monday, Saturday, Sunday, and Sunday again. In 2023, the summer Semi-Annual Sale will begin a little earlier than usual, June 3, ending Sunday, July 2, 2023.
There was free shipping coupon code that briefly dropped during the sale, making it easy peasy to order online and get the good delivered to your front door.
The winter Semi-Annual Sale has a consistent day-after-Christmas start date. The winter sale is usually shorter than the summer sale by about a week. The winter Semi-Annual Sale generates more sales revenue for the retailer than the summer sale and some people think it’s the better sale.
3. The sale lasts three to four weeks.
The Semi-Annual Sale is pretty different online than it is in store. Online, it’s not really a single sale at all. It’s actually a series of sales knitted together by the same name, some loud red and yellow banners, and a rubber ducky mascot.
Online, the sale’s waves are a series of micro-adjustments to pricing. For example, I’ve seen the 3-wick candles (retail price $25.50) advertised in all of the following variations: $12.95 sale price for three days, then BOGO free for one day only, then $10 off for the next week, and finally a $11.95 sale price. Because of these variations, knowing when to wait and when to buy can be very difficult. My advice for online shoppers is to wait until the final two days of the sale so you can squeeze out every penny of savings.
In stores, it’s simpler. This sale is basically a giant clearance event, and you should shop early before inventory is picked over.
Bath & Body Works’ Semi-Annual Sale for summer ended July 2.
The last five Bath & Body Works Semi-Annual sales have all ended on a Sunday. This year was no different. It was dunzo on July 2.
Typically the sale runs for four weeks in the summer.
The summer Bath & Body Works Semi-Annual Sale lasts four weeks.
As for the winter Bath & Body Works Semi-Annual Sale, that generally runs just over three weeks.
4. Be sure to shop the Semi-Annual Sale in store.
Seventy-five percent off has been the standard for years and years of Semi-Annual sales at Bath & Body Works, but that all changed in 2020. Luckily, it seems to be back. Here’s how it went down:
- Summer & Winter 2019 — All Semi-Annual sales featured 75% off select items in store and online.
- Summer 2020 — This Semi-Annual Sale was almost unrecognizable as a result of the pandemic. Savings online never went above 50%, and there weren’t any promo codes — not a single one — across the longer-than-usual 6-week sale. In-store savings for stores that could open stayed at 75%.
- Winter 2020 — This sale followed the same formula, with 75% savings in store but only 50% savings online. Promisingly, on the last two days of the winter 2020 sale, the online sale prices were updated to 50% – 75% off — inching back toward normal.
- Summer 2021 — 75% savings online was resurrected, but not until six days after the sale began.
- Summer 2022 — 75% savings for both in-store and online
- Summer 2023 — Up to 75% savings in-store and online, similar to Summer 2022.
Still, local stores are likely to continue getting the green light first to discount aggressively, making it the better place to get the best deals.
And another obvious reason to shop in store is that choosing online means you’d have to contend with the annoying lack of Bath & Body Works free shipping. And while promo codes for free shipping over $50 will pop in and out throughout the sale, remember that since Bath & Body Works only allows one promo code per order, if you’re using the free ship code, you can’t use another coupon code that may be available at the same time. If you shop in store at Bath & Body Works, they’ll let you combine multiple coupons if you have them.
5. The goal is always to save 75%.
The best deals are on “select” fragrances that have overrun inventory (a fancy way of saying “we made too much”) and either seasonal, discontinued, or overstocked classic fragrances.
Because Bath & Body Works doesn’t typically put their merchandise on clearance the rest of the year, the Semi-Annual Sale is the primary way they manage their inventory.
That means that whatever pumpkin scents don’t sell by December end up in the winter Semi-Annual Sale. Valentine’s Day merchandise will resurface in the summer sale, as will discontinued scents and even some overstocked bestsellers.
6. The Bath & Body Works coupon stack is the Holy Grail.
The pandemic during summer 2020 ended the $10 off a $40 purchase coupon for a few years, but in summer 2022 and now 2023, it’s back!
Join Bath & Body Works Rewards or sign up for coupons in the mail. And getting on the Bath & Body Works mail coupon list can be a challenge. In fact, it’s the number one complaint we hear from KCL readers who want to shop.
Here are the best practices for joining the mailer list:
- Create an account online and add your physical address. You do not need to make a purchase.
- Fill out this form online. Select topic: “Mailing Address Add/Update.”
When you receive your paper coupons (fingers crossed), remember our predicted Bath & Body Works Semi-Annual Sale dates and compare these to your valid coupon dates. Your ultimate goal is to save the coupon, if possible, to use on top of those Semi-Annual prices.
Find more tips like these in my comprehensive guide to Bath & Body Works sales.
7. Get a one-time $10 off $30 coupon code by joining Bath & Body Works Rewards.
Because of the 30-days-from-sign-up expiration date, don’t take the steps to get this coupon until the week before the next anticipated Semi-Annual Sale. If you already have an account, sign up your partner or your mom or the mail carrier — or anyone else willing to share that code with you once they receive it.
And once you sign up, make sure you link your in-store purchases to your account so you can earn points! Scan the in-app barcode or share your phone number with the cashier.
You’ll earn one point for every dollar you spend. Once you spend $100, you’ll get a Reward added to your “wallet” for one free product valued up to $16.95.
8. The best deals online are almost always in the final two days of the sale.
In all the sales we’ve studied, one of the most consistent findings is the deals always get better online in the last one to two days of the sale. Hopefully by the time the prices drop, our $10 off coupons will still be valid for an even Krazier deal.
9. Shop the sale early, then go back for a price adjustment.
Bath & Body Works updated their price adjustment and return policies back in Sept. 2022. Their policy now states that both online and in-store purchases are eligible for a one time price adjustment within 14 days of the original purchase. That means you can shop the week before the Semi-Annual Sale and return with your receipt to receive the difference credited back to your original form of payment. Here are the important catches to the price adjustment policy:
- Certain sales are not eligible for price adjustments, including flash sales, select promotions lasting 48 hours or less, Candle Day, and email offers. So you’ll have to make a return with your receipt and then repurchase the item at the new cheaper price.
- BathandBodyWorks.com is considered separate from your local store. Because of this, price adjustments don’t work across party lines. Online purchases can receive an online price adjustment if you submit a contact form. In-store price adjustments require an original receipt.
TIP: Keep the official policy handy should you run into any questions in the store.
10. Get text reminders from KCL for every Bath & Body Works sale.
If you want in on our free Bath & Body Works alerts, text BBW to 57299 and be the first to know about the hottest deals each day, like reminders of the Bath & Body Works Semi-Annual Sale.
11. Is there Bath & Body Works clearance?
Technically, there’s not a Bath & Body Works clearance sale. But if you’re shopping the Semi-Annual Sale online, you could think of the last two days of the sale as a clearance of sorts. This is the retailer’s last push to get everything off the proverbial shelves. If you’re shopping in store, you’ll see discounts get deeper, but you’ll also see inventory disappear, which is why I recommend you don’t wait to shop in-store.
12. Download the KCL app and we’ll tell you about the deals as we see them.
Let our expert team help you cut through the noise. We watch and track every sale and choose only the best ones to share with you. Making it easy for you to shop smarter is our job. And we never charge a cent or even require an email.
Bath & Body Works Semi-Annual Sale 2023 FAQ
1. What day is the big candle sale at Bath & Body Works?
In 2022, Bath & Body Works Candle Day sale was Dec. 2 – 3. I predict it will start on Dec. 1 in 2023 because the sale always begins eight days after Thanksgiving, on a Friday.
2. What time of year does Bath & Body Works have sales?
In addition to June and late December, when Bath & Body Works Semi-Annual sale takes place, watch for Candle Day at the start of December and Body Care Day about a week after that. Truly though, the two semi-annual sales are the best of the year.
3. How long is the Bath & Body Works Semi-Annual Sale?
Typically, about four weeks. In June 2023, the sale started on June 3, and ended July 2.