We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Bath & Body Works Candle Day 2022 sale is the single most exciting day of the year for many Bath & Body Works shoppers — and happened Dec. 2 – 3, 2022. Three-wick candles get their biggest price drop of the whole year, with prices falling lower than during Bath & Body Works Black Friday or even the Semi-Annual Sale. The best part of the Bath & Body Works Candle Day 2022 sale? The candles will be down to $9.95. More on that price drop below!
For the 2022 Bath & Body Works Candle Day, there are over 150 candle scents to choose from, including 39 exclusive scents just for Candle Day.
We’ve been tracking the Candle Day sale for over a decade, and if you want to make the most of the sale, we have all the deets you need to know.
Ready to get into all things Candle Day 2022? Let’s start with the basics.
1. When is Bath & Body Works Candle Day 2022?
The most recent Candle Day sale began on Dec. 2, 2022. The sale only lasts two days in stores and online. National Candle Day is Dec. 3; what better way to celebrate than with Bath & Body Works Candle Day?!
Candle Day always takes place in early December — right before Body Care Day — which makes it the absolute perfect time to stock up on gifts for teachers, neighbors, mothers-in-law, or your white elephant exchange.
How did we predict the correct date? Well, the secret to predicting the date for this year’s Candle Day sale isn’t about the date itself, which has varied between the first and the seventh of December over the past six years. It’s all about counting the number of days between Thanksgiving and the sale kickoff.
In the five years 2015 – 2019, all but one of the Candle Day sales began on a Saturday exactly nine days after Thanksgiving. And when the sale was lengthened from one day to two days in 2020 (more on that below), it kicked off on a Friday eight days after Thanksgiving to give you an extra day to shop on the weekend.
Indeed, the 2022 Candle Day sale began on Friday, Dec. 2, 2022, eight days after Thanksgiving.
TIP: Don’t forget to sign up for the Bath & Body Works Rewards program. Rewards members got to shop Candle Day a day early, on Dec. 1 from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. ET (online only!) with code CANDLEDAY.
Bath & Body Works Deal Ideas:
How often is Bath & Body Works Candle Day sale?
Bath & Body Works Candle Day sale open happens once a year. That means one time to take advantage of these low prices on candles.
2. The Candle Day sale lasts two days.
In the past, Candle Day had always been a one-day event until 2020, when it was extended to a three-day sale for the first time ever. In 2022, Candle Day will last for two days, Dec. 2 – 3.
Here’s how Candle Day 2022 will go: on Day One of the sale, candle prices will drop both in stores and online. On Day Two, the candle sale will continue both in-store and online, but be prepared that online inventory will be sold out by then. Last year, the online sale was pretty much nonexistent because of lack of inventory.
Related: Can’t wait for the next Bath & Body Works sale? Check out our favorite Bath & Body Works coupons and deals available now.
3. Bath & Body Works Rewards Program members get to shop the Candle Day sale a day earlier (on Dec. 1).
Bath & Body Works Rewards program members got early access to Candle Day on Dec. 1 and could shop from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. ET (online only!) with promo code CANDLEDAY.
Plus, new Bath & Body Works Rewards members get a $10 off $30 Bath & Body Works coupon when they join. The coupon is delivered within 72 hours, and it expires 30 days after you receive it. Make sure you sign up for My Bath & Body Rewards at least three days before Candle Day.
Here’s how the virtual line will work:
On Candle Day, there is a virtual line you must “stand” in. When it’s your turn, you’ll automatically be redirected to the shopping website. If you accidentally close your browser or your phone goes to sleep, as long as you have cookies enabled on your device, it will still keep your place in line. Also, if you enter your email address when you go “in line,” you’ll receive an email link to your place in line that you can access from any device. But make sure you’re paying attention. You’ll have 10 minutes to enter the site when it’s your turn. If you miss it, you’ll have to start all over again.
4. Bath & Body Works three-wick candles will cost $9.95 this year.
When we first started tracking Bath & Body Works Candle Day back in 2012, the price for three-wick candles was $8 every year. It wasn’t until 2015 that we started seeing the prices go up by $0.50, and that increase continued every other year until the pandemic.
In 2020, Bath & Body Works chose to do a price hike two years in a row. And in 2021, we were surprised when they hiked the price yet again, and three-wick candles jumped from $9.95 to $10.25.
With inflation on the rise, we expected the trend to continue. For 2022, we *thought* we’d see Candle Day prices at either $10.50 or $10.99. However, candles are officially going back down to $9.95 for Candle Day in 2022.
5. There are Candle Day exclusive scents and over 150 options!
For Bath and Body Works Candle Day 2022, there will be over 150 scent options to choose from. In addition, there are 39 exclusive scents that are only released for Candle Day. These include new candle scents that are inspired by the body care line (like Eucalyptus Rain), fan favorites like Unicorn Sprinkles, and retired scents like French Baguette. For this year’s sale Bath & Body Works is coming out with “Mashup” scents that feature two scents in one candle!
In addition to the new scents, Bath & Body Works offers their usual scents with new designs. For example, Peach Bellini comes in an option with a holiday-feeling wrap or a wrap that can be used year-round.
Here are the Candle Day 2022 scents you can shop
Fan-Favorite Retired Scents:
- French Baguette
- Fragrance notes: slow-rising dough, crispy crust, and a pat of butter.
- Unicorn Sprinkles
- Fragrance notes: fluffy cotton candy, rainbow candy drops, and sugared lemon.
- Merry Mimosa
- Fragrance notes: sparkling champagne, red apple slices, and iced sugar crystals.
- Warm Vanilla Sugar
- Fragrance notes: intoxicating vanilla, white orchid, sparkling sugar, fresh jasmine, and creamy sandalwood, with essential oils
- Mahogany Coconut
- Fragrance notes: creamy coconut, mahogany woods, and English lavender.
- Vanilla Balsam
- Fragrance notes: balsam fir, frosted vanilla, and snowcapped pine needles.
- Cranberry Pear Bellini
- Fragrance notes: fizzy pear nectar, sparkling red cranberries, lush apricot, and tart blackcurrant.
- Candied Maple Bacon
- Merry Cookie
- Fragrance notes: fresh baked cookies, sparkling sugar crystals, and rich vanilla.
- Banana Bundt Cake
- Fragrance notes: sweet banana, toasted walnut, and fresh cinnamon.
- Caramel Drizzle
- Fragrance notes: sugar cane crystals, melted butter, and whisked sweet cream.
- Fresh Cut Lilacs
- Fragrance notes: lilac bouquets, dewy greens, and soft spring air.
- Wine Cellar
- Fragrance notes: mulled apples, fresh fig, and cedarwood.
- White Tea & Jasmine
- Fragrance notes: crisp white tea, soft jasmine petals, and fresh bergamot.
- Pineapple Mango
- Fragrance notes: fresh pineapple juice, mango, and vine-ripened raspberry.
- Watermelon Lemonade
- Fragrance notes: watermelon ice, sparkling water, and Meyer lemon.
- Black Teakwood
- Fragrance notes: rich mahogany, black teakwood, dark oak, and frosted lavender.
- Ocean Driftwood & White Gardenia
- Fragrance notes: sea-washed mahogany, classic white gardenia, and ocean lavender, with natural essential oils.
- Cinnamon Stick & Waikiki Beach Coconut
- Fragrance notes: vanilla, fresh coconut cream, a dash of nutmeg, and cinnamon stick.
- Aloha Kiwi Passionfruit & Tiki Beach
- Fragrance notes: tropical passionfruit, radiant kiwi, toasted coconut, and vanilla musk.
- Cinnamon Spiced Vanilla & Hot Cocoa & Cream
- Fragrance notes: decadent milk chocolate, ground cinnamon, and vanilla bean.
- Sunshine & Daffodils
- Fragrance notes: sunny daffodils, bright citrus, and luscious greens.
- Sugared Lemonade & Blueberry Sugar
- Fragrance notes: sweet blueberries, fresh lemon juice, and sugar crystals.
Body Care Inspired Scents:
- Eucalyptus Rain
- Fragrance notes: aromatic eucalyptus, spearmint leaves, and fresh spring rain.
- Into the Night
- Fragrance notes: sugared raspberry, velvet rose petals, shimmering amber, and creamy musk.
- Black Tie
- Fragrance notes: green sage, sandalwood, and tonka bean.
- You’re the One
- Fragrance notes: white birch, velvety rose, and a drop of strawberry nectar.
Other Candle Day Exclusives:
- Peach Bellini
- Fragrance notes: succulent white peach, sparkling prosecco, and sweet orange.
- Tipsy Elf
- Fragrance notes: merry vanilla cream, jolly nutmeg, and a sneaky elf with a heavy splash of rum.
- Bubbly Rose
- Fragrance notes: pink sparkling rosé, sweet blood orange, and a splash of cranberry juice.
- Black Cherry Merlot
- Fragrance notes: dark cherry, black raspberry, and sumptuous merlot.
- White Tea & Sage
- Fragrance notes: sparkling bergamot, white tea, and fresh sage.
- Endless Weekend
- Fragrance notes: fresh summer mandarin, sun-kissed magnolia, and blue coconut water.
- Bourbon Maple
- Fragrance notes: barrel-aged bourbon, sugared amber, and maple wood.
6. How do Candle Day prices compare to the rest of the year?
Important question: is Bath & Body Works Candle Day worth waiting for? While I can’t exactly answer that for you, I can give you what you need to know to make an informed decision. And making it easy for you to be a smart shopper is my J-O-B.
Let’s start with the regular price. A three-wick candle regularly retails for $25.50.
During other sales throughout the year, I’ve seen the prices for three-wick candles drop to anywhere from $11.95 (rare) to $15.50 (occasionally). For example, the price hits $11.95 or $12.95 during the Semi-Annual Sale in late December or mid-June. If I needed a candle, I’d go for it then, especially if I had other coupons to stack along with it.
But if you like to stock up on candles and use them for gifting, there’s just straight up no better time to buy than on Candle Day at the beginning of December.
7. Candle Day carries a limit of 18 candles per shopper.
Now hear me out on this one. I know that limits may generally seem bad, but I’m gonna argue the opposite is true in this case.
First, the limit makes sure nobody clears the store out before you get there. But second, and I think most importantly, how else would we ever know how many candles to get? Would we stop ourselves at two dozen? Three? Would we bring a second wagon?
Without a limit, you’d find me holding up the checkout line while running back to grab just one more.
Eighteen candles per person. It’s probably enough, no? If you really must have more, there’s no reason you couldn’t make two trips. Nothing in the brief fine print would preclude you from doing so.
8. What about coupons on Candle Day?
Bath & Body Works coupons don’t have any blackout dates, so if you’ve got a valid coupon, you can use it on Candle Day as long as you’re shopping in store.
Mailer coupons that overlap with Candle Day do exist. Fill out this form online and select “Mailing Address Add/Update” to get on the list.
The Bath & Body Works Rewards program is available in all areas, so you’ll want to sign up so you get your welcome coupon for $10 off a $30 purchase. The coupon code is valid in-store and online. All new Rewards members will receive this offer, and details will be in your Wallet within 72 hours of joining.
Because the coupon expires 30 days from when you sign up, don’t take the steps to get this coupon until the week before the next anticipated Candle Day date. If you already have an account, sign up your partner, or your mom, or the mail carrier, or anyone willing to share that code with you once they receive it.
9. Shop in store during Candle Day, not online.
Candle Day online requires you to use a digital coupon code to get the discounted price. Because you can only use one code per online order, stacking coupons online on Candle Day doesn’t work.
And that’s not the only reason I recommend you shop in store. It’s also because of the issues with Bath & Body Works free shipping — or lack thereof. Even the new store pickup option is likely to be paused on Candle Day, making it nearly impossible to avoid the $6.99 standard shipping fee on every Bath & Body Works online order no matter how big.
Related: We’ve noticed a few hints that Bath & Body Works could be preparing to offer free no-rush shipping during the holidays for the first time in the company’s history. All of this and more is detailed in our Bath & Body Works free shipping explainer.
10. Be ready to shop at 5 a.m. if heading into the store.
If you’re planning to shop in store, many locations will open their doors at 5 a.m. local time. So be sure to set your alarm and grab a coffee. If you want an extra hour of sleep, Bath & Body Works Candle Day starts online at 6 a.m. ET.
11. And don’t forget to pre-buy a gift card at a discount to save a little bit more.
Save a few percentage points more when you shop ahead for a discounted Bath & Body Works gift card from Raise.com.
If you can buy a $100 gift card for $95, you save an extra 5% on top of Candle Day and bring your price down to 2019 levels ($9.50 per candle when you buy 10). I’m not afraid to work for that fifty cents per candle. Are you? There’s no shame in this game.
12. Get text reminders for every Bath & Body Works sale.
If you want in on our free Bath & Body Works alerts, text BBW to 57299 and be the first to know about the hottest deals each day, like reminders of the Bath & Body Works Candle Day sale and more.
13. Download The Krazy Coupon Lady app and we’ll tell you about all the candle deals.
You’ll never have to worry about missing Candle Day with alerts in the free Krazy Coupon Lady app. Plus, we’ll give you tips about how to shop the rest of the Bath & Body Works sales throughout the year.
Related: Bookmark our Bath & Body Works coupons page to see all the latest offers.
More Candle Deals at Other Stores:
More Must-Read Bath & Body Works Articles:
If you only read one thing: Bath & Body Works Sales Hacks
Everything you need to know about Bath & Body Works Black Friday