Lowe’s Kids’ Workshop kits are fun activities for your creative kids (recommended for kids ages 4 – 11, but all ages are welcome), and they don’t cost a dime if you’re able to register ahead of time. Their in-person DIY workshops take place one Saturday a month from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. And if you can’t stay for the whole workshop, you can register to pick your kit up and take it home.
The next Kids’ Workshop at Lowe’s will happen on Saturday, Dec. 16, 2023, followed by another one on Jan. 20, 2024.
We’ve got a simple breakdown of everything you need to know about the free Lowe’s Kids’ Workshop Kits.
Register for These Upcoming 2023 Lowe’s Kids Workshop Projects:
Holiday Delivery Truck, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. (Dec. 16, 2023)
Registration opened on Nov. 13 at 12:01 a.m. ET for the free December workshop.
TIP: Your child gets one free kids’ apron and one set of safety goggles per year, while supplies last.
My First DIY Toolbox, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. (Jan. 20, 2024)
Registration opens on Dec. 11 at 12:01 a.m. ET for the free January workshop.
1. Create a free online Lowe’s account if you want to get a free Lowe’s Kids’ Workshop kit.
You can’t register for a Lowe’s Workshop or kit unless you have a Lowes.com account. It’s free to create one, so why not?
Related: For more free activities for the little ones, check out our tips on registering for the Home Depot Kids’ Workshop Kits.
2. Register for a free Lowe’s Kids’ Workshop kit a month in advance.
One of the best freebies you can get at Lowe’s is the free Lowe’s Kids’ Workshop kits. If you can’t attend the in-store workshop or you’d rather take your workshop kit home, that’s fine, too — Lowe’s will email you a pickup time for your local store.
You can see the project and register for an upcoming workshop or kit a month in advance. Since they’re free, these kits go pretty fast. You can register for a kit on the Lowe’s DIY page by selecting an event, choosing a time slot, and registering how many kits you’d like, up to four. Here are the available time slots for each workshop; they usually offer at least 50 spots:
- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- 11 a.m. to noon
- Noon to 1 p.m.
TIP: Lowe’s recommends you arrive at least 5 minutes before the start of the workshop to complete the check-in process.
3. Check out the list of all the Lowe’s Kids’ Workshop kits in 2023.
Here are all the Lowe’s Kids’ Workshop kits for 2023:
- Jan. 21, 2023: Snowman Picture Frame
- Feb. 11, 2023: Sweetheart Swan Note Holder
- March 18, 2023: Cardinal Garden Ornament
- April 1, 2023: Bunny Planter
- May 20, 2023: Spring Popup Flower Box
- June 10, 2023: Lawn Mower Photo Holder
- July 15, 2023: Tic-Tac-Toe Grill Game
- Aug. 12, 2023: Rolling Toy Pickup Truck
- Sept. 16, 2023: Home Team Football Card Holder
- Oct. 21, 2023: Heroic Fire Truck
- Nov. 18, 2023: Thanksgiving Turkey Photo Holder
- Dec. 16, 2023: Holiday Delivery Truck
They’ve also released the schedule for the first event coming up in 2024:
- Jan. 20, 2024: My First DIY Toolbox
Related: We’ve put together a giant list of free kids’ activities and online classes for even more fun.
4. Lowe’s will give away any Kids’ Workshop kits that don’t get picked up the next evening.
If you missed out on registration, there’s still a chance you could pick up a Kids’ Workshop kit free of charge.
Starting at 8 p.m. on the Sunday following the normal pickup time (remember, Lowe’s normally does pick up on the second Saturday of the month), Lowe’s will give away unclaimed Kids’ Workshops kits to anyone who asks for them.
5. Complete 12 workshops to get a free Senior Builder badge and Kobalt Kids’ Tool Bag ($16 value).
Your child will get recognized as a “Senior Builder” — and receive a free tool bag, a Senior Builder apron badge, and a special certificate — after successfully completing 12 workshops between Aug. 12, 2023, and Oct. 31, 2024. Just make sure to pre-register online before each class in order to qualify for this freebie, and keep all the apron badges that get handed out after each event.
Once your child reaches Senior Builder status, you’ll get a promo code to redeem online for the free kids’ tool bag.
If they complete six workshops within the same timeframe, they’ll get recognized as a “Junior Builder” and receive a Junior Builder apron badge and certificate (a $8 value).
6. Missed out on Lowe’s Kids’ Workshops? See more DIY ideas at Lowes.com.
If you’re a hardcore DIYer and you’re looking for something else to put together, check out Lowe’s DIY Projects & Ideas page. You can find plenty of crafting, bathroom makeovers, and home decor projects.
There are even calculators to help you determine how much material you’ll need and how long a project will take.
Be sure to check back here each month to see an updated schedule of Lowe’s Kids’ Workshops kits.