We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
The Chick-fil-A secret menu isn’t so much a hidden array of food options as it is knowing how to customize food in a way that A) employees will agree to, and B) creates something extraordinary.
There’s a LOT of info out there about the so-called secret menu, so I took time to figure out which of these items were legit, and which were an urban legend.
I hope you’re hungry. Here’s the comprehensive collection of Chick-fil-A secret menu items — with what I paid — as well as some items you CAN’T get:
Chicken Items on the Chick-fil-a Secret Menu
Buffalo Chicken Sandwich: $4.29
I was amazed at how legit this tweak on the Spicy Chicken Sandwich is. Extra pickles give it good texture and tie the whole thing together. It’s literally the same price as any other sandwich, since sauce packets and extra pickles are free.
- Order a Spicy Chicken Sandwich
- Add extra pickles
- Get 2 packs of buffalo sauce (you have to add it yourself)
- Optional: Make it an Original sandwich instead of spicy if you want to tone it down
Taco Chicken Burger: $4.99
When I found this online, people said you could order sliced and diced lettuce and tomatoes, but that wasn’t an option at my Chick-fil-A. So I improvised and came up with something that tastes like a Mexican chicken salad burger — and it’s the same price as the regular menu item.
- Order a Spicy Deluxe Chicken Sandwich
- Pepper jack cheese
- Ask for it well done — it’s crispier
- Ask for a packet of creamy salsa
- Ask for a packet or two of tortilla strips
- Add the salsa and tortilla strips to the top bun
Chick-n-Mac Sandwich: $7.28
Another self-assembly marvel, this wacky combo is worth a few seconds of your time to finish. It’s quite tasty, although at more than $7.00, it’s hardly an economical option.
- Order an Original Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich
- No pickles
- Order a Macaroni & Cheese
- Scoop the mac onto the chicken patty, close bun
Bacon Ranch Chicken Salad Sandwich: $6.65
I discovered something HUGE with this one: You can ask for the shredded grilled chicken on sandwiches! It’s some of the BEST chicken at Chick-fil-A, and is typically reserved for the Grilled Chicken Cool Wrap and some salads. They’ll have to run back and tell the kitchen team, but this moment of awkwardness was worth it. It’s one of the best secret menu creations of the bunch, IMO.
- Order a Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Substitute the standard bun for the multigrain brioche bun
- Substitute the grilled chicken patty for the sliced grilled chicken
- Add lettuce
- Add tomato
- Add bacon (if you want to save $1.10, leave it off… but I wouldn’t)
- Ask for 2 packets of Garden Herb Ranch
- Add the ranch to the inside of both buns
Treats & Desserts on the Chick-fil-a Secret Menu
Root Beer Float: $4.09 for large
If you’re looking for a fast-food root beer float (or a float made with another soda), head to A&W if you have one; they’re only $3.29. That said, A&W’s floats aren’t made with IceDream. Yum.
This is one of the most well-known secret menu items at Chick-fil-A, but you’ll want to tell your cashier that’s what you want. This is what will appear on your receipt if you order a large:
- Order a medium root beer
- Order a large IceDream
- Ask them to combine the items
Frosted Arnold Palmer: $4.09 for large
Frosted Lemonade started out as a secret menu item, until its popularity forced Chick-fil-A to make it official. An Arnold Palmer is a drink that’s equal parts lemonade and iced tea. Add the IceDream soft serve, and it’s easily the best treat on the secret menu.
- Order a large frosted lemonade
- Say you want it Arnold Palmer style
There’s also another twist on this: Frosted Strawberry Lemonade, which costs $4.39. You can ask for it by name, but in case you get a newbie, order this:
- Order a large frosted lemonade
- Add a scoop of strawberry topping
- Also available as a regular lemonade if you want to spend a little less (and not have the ice cream)
Cookie IceDream Sandwich: $4.03
The kitchen moves quickly at Chick-fil-A, and they don’t have time to assemble this for you, so you have to get the pieces and make it yourself. Don’t worry; it’s quick and worth it — because it’s one of the best cookie/ice cream sandwiches you could ever get.
- Order two chocolate chunk cookies
- Order a kids IceDream cup
- Place the IceDream soft serve between the cookies; squish together
Miniature Oreo Sundae: $1.55
There’s no sundae on the Chick-fil-A menu, but if you use this customization, you’ll strike dessert gold — and it’s one of the best values on the secret menu.
- Order a kids IceDream cup
- Add chocolate syrup
- Add Oreo topping, whipped cream, and a cherry
Breakfast Items on the Chick-fil-a Secret Menu
Grilled Chicken Bagel: $5.09
You can get a breakfast bagel sandwich at Chick-fil-A with a few customization tweaks.
- Order an Egg White Grill
- Ask for a bagel with cream cheese instead of an English muffin
- Ask for Colby jack cheese instead of American cheese
- Add tomato
Spicy Chicken, Egg & Cheese Biscuit: $6.19
This is a pretty simple twist on the Chicken, Egg & Cheese Biscuit — and it’s no more expensive than the regular version of this item.
- Order the Chicken, Egg & Cheese Biscuit
- Ask for a spicy chicken patty instead of the original chicken patty
- Optional: Add Sriracha if you’re feeling especially brave; add tomato if you want to tone down the spiciness
Other Entrees on the Chick-fil-a Secret Menu
Chick-fil-A BLT: $2.05
What? A BLT at Chick-fil-A? Yep. It’s pretty tasty, too, with the multigrain brioche bun. And it’s pretty cheap.
- Order a multigrain brioche bun
- Add lettuce, tomato and bacon
- Ask for a packet of mayo
Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich: $2.55
It’s pretty great that you can just order a bun at Chick-fil-A and add things to it. It’s cheap and opens up possibilities. The weakness with the grilled cheese? It might not quite melt the cheese. I recommend bacon or tomato to add flavor and take away from the weirdness of a not-fully-melted grilled cheese.
- Order a buttered bun
- Add American or cheddar cheese
- Add bacon
- Ask for it to be toasted (if it’s not busy, ask for it to be double toasted)
Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese: $5.37
If you’re like me and wish Chick-fil-A’s mac had a little more punch, this is the answer. You have to assemble this, though. Get as many or as few nuggets/strips as makes sense. I got a 4-count of nuggets and wished I had ordered 6-8. The advantage of a smaller nugget count, though, is price.
- Order a macaroni & cheese
- Order a 4-piece nugget (or more if you want)
- Ask for 2 – 3 buffalo sauce packs
- Combine in the macaroni bowl
Note: Add bacon to the macaroni instead of chicken and save $1.
Low-Calorie Chicken Sandwiches: as low as $3.94
The regular Chick-fil-A Original Chicken Sandwich is 440 calories. A few tweaks gets you down to 230 – 270!
- Order a Chick-fil-A Grilled Chicken Sandwich, hold the butter on the bun (270 calories)
- Order a Chick-fil-A Original Chicken Sandwich, ask for no bun and it to be wrapped in green leaf lettuce (230 calories)
Extra Crispy Waffle Fries: $1.65
You can basically ask for anything that’s cooked to be “well done” for no extra charge. It may take a few more minutes — and if you’re in drive-thru you may have to go to the special pickup spot while you wait — but it adds some crunch.
You can do this with waffle fries, chicken patties, nuggets, strips, and bacon.
Fried Chicken Club: $5.59
The most souped-up “burger” you can get at Chick-fil-A isn’t one on the menu. It’s the Chicken Club — but with the original chicken patty rather than the grilled one. Sure, the calories are a bit higher, but the taste is bonkers.
- Order a Chick-fil-A Chicken Club
- Substitute the grilled chicken patty for the original chicken patty
- American cheese, lettuce, bacon, and tomato
- Optional: add mayo
Fictional Chick-fil-a Secret Menu Items
Some items you’ll read about online might be possible from a Chick-fil-A employee with some time on their hands, but isn’t accessible to those of us on the other side of the counter. The following items are myths — don’t try to order them, because you might get a polite chuckle out of your cashier:
Chick-fil-A carries tortillas — sort of. They have what they call a “flatbread” that is used for the Grilled Chicken Cool Wrap.
Lots of secret menu lists include the quesadilla, so I thought it would be something Chick-fil-A is used to making. But my store said they were unable to make a quesadilla using the flatbread — whether it was because of the time it took to create it, or because they didn’t have the equipment to do so.
Anything that requires blending
I saw lots of people saying they could get specialty shakes at Chick-fil-A, where you’d order a milkshake, a treat (such as a brownie or cookie), and have the employees blend them together for dessert nirvana.
My local Chick-fil-A said they don’t have the ability to blend drinks like that. No cookie milkshake, no double chocolate brownie milkshake. Sorry.