We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
The fast food secret menu is an art form. When you’re bored of the same old burger and fries, it’s time for a Frankenstein combo. In most situations you can’t just order these secret menu items by name, so I’ll tell you exactly how to ask for them. Bon appetit!
Don’t forget to download the official KCL app for more restaurant hacks.
Best Fast Food Secret Menu Items
1 & 2. McChicken and Waffles and Surf N’ Turf Burger (McDonald’s)
The McDonald’s secret menu is packed with interesting concoctions, like McChicken and Waffles and the Surf N’ Turf Burger:
- The McChicken and Waffles (or Chicken McGriddle) is definitely unique and makes for a very filling breakfast. Order a Hot N’ Spicy McChicken Patty between two McGriddle cakes with cheese for $2.49. Or $3.99 if you add bacon, egg, and cheese
- The McDonald’s Surf N’ Turf Burger sounds gross but I thought it was surprisingly good. Order a Big Mac with one beef patty and one fish patty for $7.28
RELATED: Insider Secrets You Need to Know to Save Money at McDonald’s
3 & 4. Grilled Cheese and The Flying Dutchman (In-N-Out)
The In-N-Out secret menu is notorious for its “Animal Style” burgers (mustard grilled beef patty, caramelized onions, extra special sauce, and pickles). But some orders are a bit more obscure, including the In-N-Out grilled cheese.
- The In-N-Out grilled cheese is cheap, and perfect for picky kids threatening to turn vegetarian. Just order a grilled cheese. If they aren’t aware of the secret item, order a bun with two slices of American cheese, tomato, lettuce, spread, and onions for $2.35-$2.69, depending on your area.
- The Flying Dutchman is a beloved and popular In-N-Out secret menu item. It costs the same as a regular cheeseburger, but it’s a bun-less two patties with a slice of cheese in between.
5, 6, & 7. Harry Potter and Willy Wonka-themed secret menu drinks (Starbucks)
Starbucks secret menu drinks are pretty awesome and cost around $6-8, depending on size.
- One of the most popular Starbucks secret menu Harry Potter drinks is the Butterbeer Frappuccino. Order a Crème Frappuccino with toffee nut syrup, caramel syrup, and caramel drizzle on top.
- I found another Harry Potter-themed item on Tik Tok the other day: the Slytherin Black and Silver Matcha. It’s an Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte mixed with White Chocolate Mocha, peppermint, a scoop of vanilla bean, and a mocha drizzle.
- Or maybe you want to try out the Willy Wonka Frappuccino? Order a Double Chocolaty Chip Frappuccino with extra mocha syrup and java chips, hazelnut syrup, whipped cream (or chocolate whipped cream), and mocha drizzle.
8 & 9. Nachos and a Burritodilla (Chipotle)
In the mood for nachos? A Burritodilla? The Chipotle secret menu can help with that. Ditch your regular order use these Chipotle hacks to get something different:
- They may not be official, but the Chipotle secret menu nachos do exist. Order a Burrito Bowl with chips instead of rice, then top with whatever you want. This should only cost $9.20, at the most.
- One of the most popular Chipotle secret menu items is the Burritodilla. Ask that your burrito be half filled and grilled like a quesadilla. The cost is about $4.99 with an extra $0.80 for more toppings.
RELATED: Chipotle Hacks That’ll Make You Want Burritos NOW
10 & 11. The Incredible Hulk Burrito and Lava Sauce (Taco Bell)
The Taco Bell secret menu is loaded with unique combos, but here’s what caught my eye:
- The Incredible Hulk burrito. Order the Beefy 5-Layer Burrito and substitute guacamole for the nacho cheese. Ask for it fresco and go without the inner shell. This costs about $2.79.
- Taco Bell’s Lava Sauce was featured on a bunch of popular limited-time items. This one might be a bit tough to come by, so if they don’t have it, mix a side of cheese sauce with hot sauce packets.
12 & 13. BLT and a Root Beer Float (Chick-fil-A)
When ordering off the Chick-fil-A secret menu, you wouldn’t think to get something chicken-free:
- A Chick-fil-A BLT. Order a toasted bun with bacon, lettuce, and tomato for just $1.85.
- A Chick-fil-A Root Beer Float. Order a kid’s cup of vanilla ice cream with root beer (no ice) for $3.24.
RELATED: Chick-fil-A Free Coupons & Secret Menu Hacks to Get More Chicken
14. Almond Joy Iced Coffee (Dunkin’ Donuts)
This Dunkin’ Donuts secret menu item used to be official in 2016, but now you have to order it special. Order an Original Blend Iced Coffee along with a flavor shot of coconut, a flavor shot of toasted almond, two pumps of milk, and a mocha flavor swirl for right around $2.60 (medium).
RELATED: Best Restaurant & Fast Food Apps with Free Coupons
15. Patty Melt (Five Guys)
The savory Five Guys secret menu Patty Melt deserves some recognition if you’re just looking for a cheap burger. Order a grilled cheese with a beef patty inside, alongside your favorite toppings, for $5.99.
16. Rodeo Burger (Burger King)
Gotta love the Burger King secret menu. Grab a cheap Rodeo Burger by asking for onion rings and BBQ sauce on top of a basic cheeseburger. It’ll only cost $1.49 total and taste a lot better than a plain cheeseburger.
17 & 18. Skittles or Pink Starburst Smoothie (Jamba Juice)
If you’re craving candy at Jamba Juice, order the Skittles smoothie from the secret menu. It’s a lemonade with a scoop of each frozen yogurt, lime sherbet, and strawberries.
Or if that’s not satisfying your sweet tooth, try the popular Pink Starburst smoothie off the Jamba Juice secret menu. It has the following ingredients:
- Soy milk
- Frozen yogurt
- Plain sherbet
- Raspberry sherbet
While it will vary by location, the 16-ounce Skittles smoothie is usually $5 while the Pink Starburst smoothie is $5.40.
19. Barnyard Burger (Wendy’s)
This is one Wendy’s meal that’s not for vegetarians. Pack on the protein with the Barnyard Burger from the Wendy’s secret menu, which stacks chicken, beef, and bacon into a hefty sandwich.
You can order this a number of ways. I recommend ordering a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger with an added Crispy Chicken sandwich patty for $3.78.
Another way is to add a beef patty to the Asiago Ranch Chicken Club for $6.48. You’ll get more chicken, Asiago cheese, and ranch sauce, but I say go for the cheaper option to save money. No matter how you order it, get ready to take a nap afterwards.
20. Poutine (KFC)
The KFC secret menu isn’t massive, but it does offer regional specials. There’s a chance you’ll get to try poutine (popular in Canada) if your KFC sells cheese curds, a fried cheesy snack. Order fries topped with cheese curds and gravy for $8 to $9 for a regular order, or go large for $2 more.
21 & 22. Sonic Sunrise and Frito Chili Pie (Sonic)
Lighten up your day at Sonic with a Sonic Sunrise and an epic Frito Chili Pie from the Sonic secret menu.
- It’s super simple to order a Sonic Sunrise. Order a drink with equal parts Cherry Limeade and orange juice. It costs $3.09 for a large and tastes just like a virgin Tequila Sunrise (but you can change that when you get home).
- Frito Chili Pie. The Sonic secret menu Frito Chili Pie is legendary in the South. Frito Pie is a generous serving of Frito chips smothered in chili and cheese. Think of it as the toppings on a regular Coney dog but on crunchy chips. Check to see if your location has it.
23. Chicken Parmesan Sub (Subway)
While Subway formally discontinued their chicken parm sub more than a decade ago, many locations will still make it for you. Order a sub with roasted chicken, marinara sauce, and parmesan cheese, and ask for it toasted to get that crisp, bubbly effect—all for about $3.99 (6-inch).
24. Waffle Sandwich (Waffle House)
Made famous on Tik Tok, there’s a hidden treat on the Waffle House menu that’s definitely worth forgoing a traditional stack. Order a waffle sandwich for about $5 and enjoy a ham and cheese grilled in a waffle iron, which adds a satisfying crunchy texture and waffle-esque appearance. And if some syrup finds its way into those grooves, that’s perfectly fine.
25. Peanut Butter Cookie Blizzard (Dairy Queen)
There are plenty of Dairy Queen hacks and deals to choose from, but for those who love peanut butter in all its forms, Dairy Queen’s Peanut Butter Cookie Blizzard is the ultimate dessert. This blend of peanut butter cookie dough and milk chocolate pieces with vanilla soft serve is ultra-satisfying perfection.
Don’t Scroll Up! These are the articles mentioned:
Insider Secrets You Need to Know to Save Money at McDonald’s
Chipotle Hacks That’ll Make You Want Burritos NOW
Best Restaurant & Fast Food Apps with Free Coupons
Chick-fil-A Coupons & Menu Hacks for Getting Cheap Chicken