We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
The fast food secret menu is an art form. When you’re bored of the same old burger and fries, it’s time for a Frankenstein combo. In most situations you can’t just order these secret menu items by name, so I’ll tell you exactly how to ask for them. Bon appetit!
Don’t forget to download the official KCL app for more restaurant hacks.
1. Get McChicken and Waffles or a Surf N’ Turf Burger from the McDonald’s secret menu.
The McDonald’s secret menu is packed with interesting concoctions:
- The McChicken and Waffles (or Chicken McGriddle) is definitely unique. Order a Hot N’ Spicy McChicken Patty between two McGriddle cakes with cheese for $2.49. Or $3.99 if you add bacon, egg, and cheese
- The McDonald’s Surf N’ Turf Burger sounds gross but I thought it was surprisingly good. Order a Big Mac with one beef patty and one fish patty for $7.28
2. Chow down on a grilled cheese from the In-N-Out secret menu.
The In-N-Out secret menu is notorious for its “Animal Style” burgers (mustard grilled beef patty, caramelized onions, extra special sauce, and pickles). But here are some orders that are a bit more obscure:
- The In-N-Out grilled cheese is cheap, and perfect for picky kids threatening to turn vegetarian. Just order a grilled cheese. If they aren’t aware of the secret item, order a bun with two slices of American cheese, tomato, lettuce, spread, and even onions for $2.35-$2.69 depending on your area.
3. Blend up some Harry Potter and Willy Wonka-themed Starbucks secret menu drinks.
Starbucks secret menu drinks are pretty awesome and cost around $6-8, depending on size.
- One of the most popular Starbucks secret menu Harry Potter drinks is the Butterbeer Frappuccino. Order a Crème Frappuccino with toffee nut syrup, caramel syrup, and caramel drizzle on top.
- I found another Harry Potter-themed item on Tik Tok the other day: the Slytherin Black and Silver Matcha. It’s an Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte mixed with White Chocolate Mocha, peppermint, a scoop of vanilla bean, and a mocha drizzle.
- Or maybe you want to try out the Willy Wonka Frappucino? Order a Double Chocolaty Chip Frappuccino with extra mocha syrup and java chips, hazelnut syrup, whipped cream (or chocolate whipped cream), and mocha drizzle.
4. In the mood for nachos? A Burritodilla? The Chipotle secret menu can help with that.
Ditch your regular order and get something different from the Chipotle secret menu:
- They may not be official, but the Chipotle secret menu nachos do exist. Order a Burrito Bowl with chips instead of rice, then top with whatever you want. This should only cost $9.20, at the most.
- One of the most popular Chipotle secret menu items is the Burritodilla. Ask that your burrito be half filled and grilled like a quesadilla. The cost is about $4.99 with an extra $0.80 for more toppings.
5. The Taco Bell secret menu has The Incredible Hulk Burrito and Lava Sauce.
The Taco Bell secret menu is loaded with unique combos, but here’s what caught my eye:
- The Incredible Hulk burrito. Order the Beefy 5-Layer Burrito and substitute guacamole for the nacho cheese. Ask for it fresco and go without the inner shell. This costs about $2.79.
- Taco Bell’s Lava Sauce was featured on a bunch of popular limited-time items. This one might be a bit tough to come by, so if they don’t have it, mix a side of cheese sauce with hot sauce packets.
6. Grab a Chick-fil-A secret menu BLT or root beer float.
When ordering off the Chick-fil-A secret menu, you wouldn’t think to get something chicken-free:
- A Chick-fil-A BLT. Order a toasted bun with bacon, lettuce, and tomato for just $1.85.
- A Chick-fil-A Root Beer Float. Order a kid’s cup of vanilla ice cream with root beer (no ice) for $3.24.
7. The Dunkin’ Donuts secret menu has an Almond Joy iced coffee.
This Dunkin’ Donuts secret menu item used to be official in 2016, but now you have to order it special. Order an Original Blend Iced Coffee along with a flavor shot of coconut, a flavor shot of toasted almond, two pumps of milk, and a mocha flavor swirl for just $2.59 (medium).
8. Test out the savory Patty Melt from the Five Guys secret menu.
The Five Guys secret menu Patty Melt deserves some recognition. Order a grilled cheese with a beef patty inside, alongside your favorite toppings, for $5.99.
9. Add a Burger King secret menu Rodeo Burger for just $1.49.
Gotta love the Burger King secret menu. Grab a cheap Rodeo Burger by asking for onion rings and BBQ sauce on top of a basic cheeseburger. It’ll only cost $1.49 total and taste a lot better than a plain cheeseburger.
10. Sip on a Jamba Juice secret menu Skittles or Starburst smoothie.
If you’re craving candy at Jamba Juice, order the Skittles smoothie from the secret menu. It’s a lemonade with a scoop of each frozen yogurt, lime sherbet, and strawberries.
Or if that’s not satisfying your sweet tooth, try the popular Pink Starburst smoothie off the Jamba Juice secret menu. It has the following ingredients:
- Soy milk
- Frozen yogurt
- Plain sherbet
- Raspberry sherbet
While it will vary by location, the 16-ounce Skittles smoothie is usually $5 while the Pink Starburst smoothie is $5.40.
11. Pack on the protein with a Wendy’s secret menu Barnyard burger.
This one’s not for vegetarians. The Wendy’s secret menu Barnyard burger stacks together chicken, beef, and bacon into a hefty sandwich.
You can order this a number of ways. I recommend ordering a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger with an added Crispy Chicken sandwich patty for $3.78.
Another way is to add a beef patty to the Asiago Ranch Chicken Club for $6.48. You’ll get more chicken, Asiago cheese, and ranch sauce, but I say go for the cheaper option. No matter how you order it, get ready to take a nap afterwards.
12. The KFC secret menu has poutine, depending on the region.
The KFC secret menu isn’t massive, but there’s a chance you’ll get to try poutine (popular in Canada) but only if your KFC sells cheese curds, a fried cheesy snack. Order fries topped with cheese curds and gravy for $8 or $9 for a regular order, or go large for $2 more.
13. Lighten up your day with a Sonic sunrise from the Sonic secret menu.
The Sonic Sunrise from Sonic is super simple. Order a drink with equal parts Cherry Limeade and orange juice. It costs $3.09 for a large and tastes just like a virgin Tequila Sunrise (but you can change that when you get home).
Don’t Scroll Up! These are the articles mentioned: