We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Can’t get enough of Dairy Queen Blizzards or any other Dairy Queen treats?
I’m soft-serving the best Dairy Queen deals that’ll have you getting DQ ice cream for cheap. You’ll learn how to get the most out of the Dairy Queen app, where you can get the best Dairy Queen coupons, and even the skinny on the Dairy Queen secret menu.
Promotions and prices are subject to change based on location.
Be sure to download the KCL app for money-saving deals, tips, and coupons.
1. Download the Dairy Queen app to receive the best Dairy Queen coupons and freebies.
Download the Dairy Queen app to get exclusive Dairy Queen coupons like BOGO Blizzards and $1 shakes (reg. $4.49) or malts (reg. $4.99) — up to an 80% discount.
2. Get up to 27% back in freebies with the Dairy Queen app.
When you use the Dairy Queen app, you earn 10 points for every $1 spent. You can either order through the app or scan the barcode on the app’s homepage.
Here’s what you can get with your points, and the amount of value you get back:
- 150 points ($15 spent): Regular Fries (reg. $2.99) or Onion Rings (reg. $4.19) — worth 19.9% or 27.9% of your spend
- 200 points ($20 spent): Small Regular (reg. $2.39) or Dipped Cone (reg. $2.89) — worth 11.9% or 14.5% of your spend
- 200 points ($20 spent): Soft Pretzels & Zesty Queso (reg. $3.79) — worth 18.9% of your spend
- 250 points ($25 spent): Mini Blizzard (reg. $4.49) — worth 17.9% of your spend
- 300 points ($30 spent): Free Small Shake (reg. $4.49), Malt (reg. $4.99), or Misty (reg. $2.99) — worth 14.9%, 16.3%, or 9.9% of your spend
- 500 points ($50 spent): Any Size Blizzard (reg. $7.49) — worth 14.9% of your spend
- 2500 points ($250 spent): 10″ Blizzard Cake (reg. $34.99) — worth 13.9% of your spend
3. The best value for your Dairy Queen app points is the Regular Onion Rings.
Those Onion Rings represent 27.9% of your original $15 spend, which is one of the best “cash back” freebies we’ve seen in the restaurant world.
Even the worst value you could choose — a Small Misty for 300 points — still represents a freebie worth a respectable 9.9% of the original spend.
4. If your Dairy Queen Blizzard isn’t served upside down, your next one is free.
Keep an eye out — DQ cashiers are supposed to flip over your Dairy Queen Blizzard before handing it to you. If they miss this tradition, speak up — you’ll get a coupon for a free Blizzard on your next visit.
But you have to claim your freebie right then!
5. Get $2 smoothies or $1 Misty Slushes during Dairy Queen happy hour.
Dairy Queen happy hour is from 2 to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at participating locations.
Happy hour choices include $2 fruit smoothies (reg. $2.79) and $1 Misty Slushes (reg. $2.99).
Like happy hours? We’ve got a list of the best happy hours for cheap food and drinks.
6. Save 30% by ordering a hot fudge sundae with peanuts instead of the Peanut Buster Parfait.
The only difference between a Peanut Buster Parfait (reg. $6.99) and a hot fudge sundae with peanuts is the Peanut Buster Parfait is layered.
If you don’t care about the fancy layering, just order a small hot fudge sundae for $3.99 and add peanuts for $0.89.
Your total will be $4.88, which is $2.11 (30%) cheaper than the Peanut Buster Parfait.
7. Score a free Dilly Bar for taking the survey on your DQ receipt.
Your DQ receipt will print out an offer for a free Dilly Bar (reg. $2.99), which is a chocolate-covered ice cream bar, once you take the customer satisfaction survey.
The survey only takes about 10 minutes, and the Dilly Bar is delicious!
And when you get your free Dilly Bar, you’ll get another receipt. You could essentially get free Dilly Bars forever!
Receipt surveys are one of our favorite ways to get free food at restaurants.
8. Dairy Queen’s $7 Meal Deal is the best value on the menu.
All day, every day, you can get medium fries ($2.99), a 21-ounce fountain drink (reg. $2.19), an ice cream sundae (reg. $3.99), and your choice of a 1/3 pound Double with Cheese or 3-piece chicken strips for just $7:
- 3-piece chicken strips meal for $7. You’d spend $18.16 for these items separately — a 61.5% discount.
- Cheeseburger meal for $7. You’d spend $14.16 for these items separately — a 50.6% discount.
TIP: Not all Dairy Queens serve food. If you want Dairy Queen food, make sure your DQ is a Dairy Queen Grill & Chill instead of a Dairy Queen Treats.
9. Order off the Dairy Queen 2 for $5 menu to get a 49% discount on Dairy Queen burgers.
The Dairy Queen 2 for $5 menu gets you two items off a select menu for only $5. You can mix and match items to your tastes and the items end up being a huge discount on your Dairy Queen order.
The best items on the Dairy Queen 2 for $5 menu are the Dairy Queen burgers. Dairy Queen burgers typically cost $4.99 each, so you’d be saving 49.9% if you get two.
Coming in second is ordering a sundae (reg. $3.99) and a burger for $5 — a 44.3% discount.
10. Get up to 20% off your meal when your order Dairy Queen combos.
Each Dairy Queen combo meal comes with a 21-oz fountain drink (reg. $2.19) and medium fries (reg. $2.99). You’ll be saving around 20% with each menu item:
- Chili Cheese Dog Combo: $6.99 (reg. $8.97 separately) — a 22.1% discount
- Original Cheeseburger Stackburger Combo: $8.79 (reg. $10.97 separately) — a 19.9% discount
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich Combo: $8.99 (reg. $11.17 separately) — a 19.5% discount
11. Get your Dairy Queen delivery from Uber Eats for the cheapest delivery fee.
The cheapest way to get Dairy Queen delivery is from Uber Eats. Of course, prices and availability differ between locations, but these were the best prices we could find for each delivery service:
- Uber Eats: $0.99 delivery fee
- Doordash: $3.99 delivery fee
12. Get discounted Dairy Queen gift cards to get up to an 8% discount.
Whenever you go to Dairy Queen, you should always check Raise.com to see if they have any discounted Dairy Queen gift cards. We’ve found deals up to 8.73% off which means an automatic 8.73% off your Dairy Queen purchases. Yes, please.
TIP: You should also check out Restaurant.com to see if they are offering any Dairy Queen coupons. Mine offered me BOGO MooLattes (reg. $4.99).
13. Use your Dairy Queen gift cards at Orange Julius and vice versa.
Because Dairy Queen and Orange Julius are from the same company, you can use your Dairy Queen gift cards at any Orange Julius location. That also means you can use Orange Julius gift cards at Dairy Queen as well.
14. The Dairy Queen secret menu can get you exclusive & retired flavors.
There are a few ways to get the Dairy Queen secret menu. If the employees have been around, they might be able to get you the retired Hawaiian Blizzard just by asking. Otherwise, you can add toppings to existing Blizzard flavors for $0.89 per topping. Here are just a few of our favorite flavors:
- Banana Split Blizzard: Add all the toppings from the Banana Split — $9.05.
- Oreo Brownie Fudge: Add Oreos, brownies, and hot fudge — $8.16.
- Heath Mocha: Add coffee syrup, Heath bar pieces, and chocolate syrup — $8.16.
- Peanut Butter Cookie: Add Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and cookie dough — $7.27.
15. Get a 50% discount when you are a Dairy Queen employee.
When you’re a Dairy Queen employee, you’ll get a 50% discount on all their food and treats during your shift and 30 minutes before and after your shift. You’ll also get 20% off when you’re not working as well.
TIP: There is a Dairy Queen senior discount, college student discount, and military discount for 10% off when you show your ID. Plus, we have even more college discounts, military discounts, and senior discounts.
16. Dairy Queen Blizzard of the Month offers rotating and limited-edition flavors.
Every month, Dairy Queen picks their Blizzard of the Month. There are no deals associated with these, but they generate a ton of interest. Here are some examples of the Dairy Queen Blizzard of the Month:
- March 2022: Mint Brownie
- April 2022: Cotton Candy
- May 2022: Girl Scout Thin Mints
- June 2022: Oreo Dirt Pie
- July 2022: Caramel Fudge Cheesecake
Check out the Dairy Queen Blizzard of the Month website to see what’s coming up.
TIP: Dairy Queen will also do seasonal Blizzards. For example, in the summer of 2022, Dairy Queen released a limited edition Very Cherry Chip Blizzards.
17. Get a free DQ cone on the first day of spring and a discounted Dipped cone on National Ice Cream Day.
Every year, Dairy Queen’s Free Cone Day falls on the first day of spring — March 20. The cone is free, but donations to the Children’s Miracle Network are encouraged!
On National Ice Cream Day (July 17), Dairy Queen offers a $1 discount on their Dipped cones (reg. $2.89) — a 34.6% discount.