We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Can’t get enough of Dairy Queen Blizzards or any other Dairy Queen treats? Great news — there are lots of Dairy Queen deals, including plenty of options that will get you Dairy Queen specials on Blizzards.
I’m soft-serving all the best Dairy Queen deals that will get you Dairy Queen ice cream and toppings for cheap. We’ll show you how to use the Dairy Queen app to get discounts, where to find the best Dairy Queen coupons, and even find some new (and retired) flavors on the Dairy Queen secret menu.
Promotions and prices are subject to change based on location.
For more smart shopping tips and savings hacks, text HACKS to 57299.
1. Download the Dairy Queen app to receive the best Dairy Queen coupons and freebies.
Download the Dairy Queen app to get exclusive Dairy Queen coupons, like BOGO Blizzards and $1 shakes (reg. $4.69) or malts (reg. $4.99) — up to an 80% discount.
These coupons tend to change every week, with the best deals being their “Mobile Mondays.” You’re limited to one coupon per order, so you won’t be able to stack deals. Log in to see what deals are available at your local Dairy Queen.
2. Get up to 19% back in freebies with the Dairy Queen app.
When you use the Dairy Queen app, you earn 10 points for every $1 spent. You can either order through the app or scan the barcode on the app’s home page.
Here’s what you can get with your points and the amount of value you get back:
150 Points ($15 Spent)
- Regular Fries (reg. $2.59): 17.3% cash back value
- Onion Rings (reg. $2.99): 19.9% cash back value
200 Points ($20 Spent)
- Small Regular (reg. $2.39): 11.9% cash back value
- Dipped Cone (reg. $2.79): 13.9% cash back value
- Soft Pretzels & Zesty Queso (reg. $2.59): 18.9% cash back value
250 Points ($25 Spent)
- Mini Blizzard (reg. $3.39): 13.6% cash back value
300 Points ($30 Spent)
- Free Small Shake (reg. $3.49): 11.6% cash back value
- Malt (reg. $3.69): 12.3% cash back value
- Misty (reg. $3.59): 11.9% cash back value
500 Points ($50 Spent)
- Any Size Blizzard (reg. $5.59): 11.2% cash back value
- 4-Piece Chicken Basket (reg. $6.99): 13.9% cash back value
3. The best value for your Dairy Queen app points is the Regular Onion Rings.
You only have to spend $15 with Dairy Queen to get a free order of Regular Onion Rings, which regularly cost $2.99. Those Onion Rings represent 19.9% of your original $15 spend, which makes Dairy Queen’s Reward program one of the better restaurant rewards apps you should download.
Even the worst value you could choose — a Blizzard for 500 points — still represents a freebie worth a respectable 11.2% of the original spend.
4. If your Dairy Queen Blizzard isn’t served upside down, your next one is free.
Keep an eye out — DQ cashiers are supposed to flip over your Dairy Queen Blizzard before handing it to you. If they miss this tradition, speak up — you’ll get a coupon for a free Blizzard on your next visit.
Not every DQ location participates in this deal, so contact your local Dairy Queen to find out if you can get this coupon.
5. Get half-off DQ Treats during Dairy Queen happy hour.
Dairy Queen happy hour is from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday at participating locations. During happy hour, you can get half off soft drinks, shakes, ice cream, and slushes.
Like happy hours? We’ve got a list of the best happy hours for cheap food and drinks.
6. Save 25% by ordering a hot fudge sundae with peanuts instead of the Peanut Buster Parfait.
The only difference between a Peanut Buster Parfait (regularly $5.19) and a hot fudge sundae with peanuts is the Peanut Buster Parfait is layered.
If you don’t care about the fancy layering, just order a small hot fudge sundae for $2.99 and add peanuts for $0.89.
Your total will be $3.88, which is $1.31 (25.2%) cheaper than the Peanut Buster Parfait.
7. Receive a free Dilly Bar for taking the survey on your DQ receipt.
Your DQ receipt will print out an offer for a free Dilly Bar (regularly $2.09), which is a chocolate-covered ice cream bar, once you take the customer satisfaction survey.
The survey only takes about 10 minutes, and the Dilly Bar is delicious!
And when you get your free Dilly Bar, you’ll get another receipt. You could essentially get free Dilly Bars forever!
Receipt surveys are one of our favorite ways to get free food at restaurants.
TIP: If you’re a fan of Dilly Bars, you can get a 6-pack container of them from Dairy Queen for $9.99 which makes them $1.67 per bar — a 20.1% discount.
8. Dairy Queen’s $7 Meal Deal is the best value on the menu.
All day, every day, you can get medium fries (regularly $2.59), a 21-ounce fountain drink (normally $2.19), an ice cream sundae (priced at $3.99), and your choice of a 1/3 Pound Double with Cheese (estimated value of $5.69) or 3-piece chicken strips (estimated value of $5.24) for just $7:
- Cheeseburger meal for $7. You’d spend $14.46 for these items separately — a 51.6% discount.
- 3-piece chicken strips meal for $7. You’d spend $14.01 for these items separately — a 50% discount.
TIP: Not all Dairy Queens serve food. If you want Dairy Queen food, make sure your DQ is a Dairy Queen Grill & Chill instead of a Dairy Queen Treats.
9. Get up to 18% off your meal when your order Dairy Queen combos.
Each Dairy Queen combo meal comes with a 21-ounce fountain drink (regularly $2.19) and medium fries (regularly $3.49). You’ll be saving around 20% with each menu item:
- Chili Cheese Dog Combo: $8.29 (reg. $10.17 separately) — a 18.5% discount
- Original Cheeseburger Stackburger Combo: $9.49 (reg. $11.37 separately) — a 16.5% discount
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich Combo: $10.49 (reg. $12.37 separately) — a 15.2% discount
10. Get a free DQ cone on the first day of spring and a discounted Dipped cone on National Ice Cream Day.
Every year Dairy Queen’s Free Cone Day falls on the first day of spring, and in 2024 that will be on Thursday, March 19. The cone (regularly priced at $2.99) is free, but donations to the Children’s Miracle Network are encouraged!
On National Ice Cream Day (the third Sunday in July — July 16 on 2023), Dairy Queen offers a $1 discount on their Dipped cones (regularly $3.79) — a 26.4% discount.
11. Get your Dairy Queen delivery from Uber Eats for the cheapest delivery fee.
The cheapest way to get Dairy Queen delivery is from Uber Eats. Of course, prices and availability differ between locations, but these were the best prices we could find for each delivery service:
- Uber Eats: $0.49 delivery fee
- Doordash: $3.99 delivery fee
- Grubhub: $6.99 delivery fee
Looking for the cheapest delivery app for you? We have everything you need to know, including delivery fee, service fees, and subscription comparisons.
12. Get discounted Dairy Queen gift cards to get up to an 8% discount.
Whenever you go to Dairy Queen, you should always check Raise.com to see if they have any discounted Dairy Queen gift cards. We’ve found deals up to 8% off, which means an automatic 8% off your Dairy Queen purchases. Yes, please.
These gift cards tend to sell out quickly, so grab them if they’re available.
TIP: You should also check out Restaurant.com to see if they’re offering any Dairy Queen coupons. Mine offered me BOGO MooLattes (regularly $5.19).
13. Use your Dairy Queen gift cards at Orange Julius and vice versa.
Because Dairy Queen and Orange Julius are from the same company, you can use your Dairy Queen gift cards at any Orange Julius location and vice versa.
14. The Dairy Queen secret menu can get you exclusive and retired flavors.
There are a few ways to get the Dairy Queen secret menu. If the employees have been around, they might be able to get you the retired Hawaiian Blizzard (which combines bananas, pineapples, and shredded coconut) just by asking. Otherwise, you can add toppings to existing Blizzard flavors for $0.89 per topping. Here are just a few of our favorite flavors (prices are in the large size):
- Banana Split Blizzard: Add all the toppings from the Banana Split — $9.95.
- Oreo Brownie Fudge: Add Oreos, brownies, and hot fudge — $9.08.
- Heath Mocha: Add coffee syrup, Heath bar pieces, and chocolate syrup — $9.08.
- Peanut Butter Cookie: Add Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and cookie dough — $8.17.
15. Get a 50% discount when you’re a Dairy Queen employee.
When you’re a Dairy Queen employee, you’ll get a 50% discount on all their food and treats during your shift and 30 minutes before and after your shift. You’ll also get 20% off when you’re not working as well.
TIP: There’s a Dairy Queen senior discount, college student discount, and military discount for 10% off when you show your ID. Plus we have even more college discounts, military discounts, and senior discounts.
16. Dairy Queen Blizzard of the Month offers rotating and limited-edition flavors.
Every month Dairy Queen picks their Blizzard of the Month. There are no deals associated with these, but they generate a ton of interest. Here are some examples of the Dairy Queen Blizzard of the Month:
- March 2022: Mint Brownie
- April 2022: Cotton Candy
- May 2022: Girl Scout Thin Mints
- June 2022: Oreo Dirt Pie
- July 2022: Caramel Fudge Cheesecake
Check out the Dairy Queen Blizzard of the Month website to see what’s coming up.
TIP: Dairy Queen will also do seasonal Blizzards. For example, in the summer of 2022, Dairy Queen released a limited edition Very Cherry Chip Blizzards.