Can’t get enough of Dairy Queen’s burgers, Blizzards, and parfaits?
I’ve hacked the system so you can give in to your Dairy Queen cravings more often for less money. I even found a few Dairy Queen freebies!
Promotions and prices are subject to change based on location.
Be sure to download the KCL app for money-saving deals, tips, and coupons.
1. Grab Dairy Queen’s BOGO Blizzards every week.
My local Dairy Queen offers BOGO Blizzards, $0.99 for any size, on Thursdays.
2. Join DQ’s Blizzard Fan Club for $3 off a cake and a BOGO free Blizzard coupon.
Within 24 hours of signing up for Dairy Queen’s Blizzard Fan Club, I received an email with two coupons: $3 off an 8″ or 10″ Blizzard or DQ cake, and BOGO free treat or Royal Blizzard treat.
Both coupons can only be used once and are valid for two weeks.
Sign up everyone 13 years or older in your household, but time it right — you’ll want to be able to use all the coupons by the time they expire two weeks later.
3. Ask for Blizzard flavors not on Dairy Queen’s menu.
Like many restaurants, Dairy Queen locations have a “secret” menu. Some blizzard flavors are no longer on the menu, but are still available if you ask, like the Hawaiian Blizzard and the Midnight Truffle Blizzard.
4. Get $2 smoothies or $1 Misty Slush during DQ’s Happy Hour.
Dairy Queen’s happy hour runs Monday-Friday from 2-5 p.m. at participating locations.
Happy hour choices include $2 fruit smoothies and $1 Misty Slushes.
5. Customize your DQ Blizzard by adding your favorite toppings.
You don’t have to stick to the Blizzard menu. You can add extra toppings for $0.59/topping, like marshmallow creme, or make up your own Blizzard entirely.
Just order a “vanilla Blizzard” and add whatever you want!
Here are a few custom Blizzard ideas:
- Banana Split Blizzard: Add all the toppings from the Banana Split.
- Oreo Brownie Fudge: Add Oreos, brownies, and hot fudge.
- Heath Mocha: Add coffee syrup, Heath bar pieces, and chocolate syrup.
- Peanut Butter Cookie: Add Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and cookie dough.
6. Save up to $1.01 by ordering a hot fudge sundae with peanuts instead of the Peanut Buster Parfait.
The only difference between a Peanut Buster Parfait and a hot fudge sundae with peanuts is the Peanut Buster Parfait is layered.
If you don’t care about the layering, just order a small hot fudge sundae for $2.69 and add peanuts for $0.59.
Your total will be $3.28, which is still $1.01 less than the Peanut Buster Parfait.
7. Enjoy DQ’s limited-time Blizzard of the Month.
Every month, DQ offers a Blizzard of the Month that’s available during that special month.
For example, November 2020’s Blizzard of the Month was Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough with snickerdoodle cookie dough and cinnamon sugar.
Get email alerts for the Blizzard of the Month (with special discounts!) after joining the Blizzard Fan Club.
8. Grab Dairy Queen’s seasonal Blizzards while they last.
For the first time this year, DQ unveiled five fall flavors including a Reese’s Outrageous Blizzard.
No word yet on whether these are test treats that might make it to the permanent menu or not.
9. Get your DQ Blizzard served upside down or your next one is free.
If your Blizzard isn’t flipped upside down before it’s handed to you, your next one is free.
But you have to claim your freebie right then!
10. Sign up for DQ’s Orange Julius League Fan Club for monthly discounts.
Dairy Queen sells Orange Julius shakes and smoothies, so sign up for the Orange Julius League Fan Club to get monthly discounts like BOGO free Orange Julius.
You’ll also get a BOGO Orange Julius free coupon on your birthday.
11. Download the Dairy Queen app to receive freebies and discounts.
Download the DQ app and enjoy exclusive deals like BOGO Blizzards. Scan the app when making a DQ purchase to earn points toward more freebies and discounts.
12. Dairy Queen’s $6 Meal Deal is the best value on the menu.
All-day, every day, you can get fries, a 21-ounce fountain drink, an ice cream sundae, and your choice of a 1/3 pound Double with Cheese or 3-piece chicken strips for just $6.
Purchased individually, this meal would cost over $9 — so it’s the best value on the menu!
13. Students get 10% off at participating locations.
Show your student ID to get 10% off your meal at participating DQ locations.
14. Military personnel get up to 50% off, depending on the location.
Show your military ID next time you’re at Dairy Queen. Discounts vary, but some locations have been known to give up to 50% off.
15. Score a free Dilly Bar for taking the survey on your DQ receipt.
Your DQ receipt will print out an offer for a free Dilly Bar (a chocolate-covered ice cream bar) once you take the customer satisfaction survey.
The survey only takes about 10 minutes, and the Dilly Bar is delicious!
16. Get a free DQ cone on the first day of spring.
Every year, Dairy Queen’s Free Cone Day falls on the first day of spring — March 20.
The cone is free, but donations to the Children’s Miracle Network are encouraged!
NOTE: Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this event has been cancelled for 2021.