We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Some people walk into a Wendy’s, pick something from the Wendy’s menu, pay for it, and eat.
We’re not those people. I’ve got some great ways to save you money — including Wendy’s coupons, tips, and tricks so that you can save more on your next Wendy’s trip.
So, get ready to cash in on your free Frosty with these Wendy’s deals. Here’s what you do:
1. Download the Wendy’s app for Wendy’s coupons and freebies.
You’ll find offers like a free burger with a qualified purchase, free fries with purchase, free nuggets with purchase — even a free half-size salad. And buying a $0.50 Frosty counts as a qualified purchase.
2. Get lots of Wendy’s freebies by earning Wendy’s Rewards points.
Once you sign up for Wendy’s Rewards, you earn 10 points for every $1 you spend when you scan your QR code at the restaurant or submit your receipts. Those Wendy’s points will earn you freebies, but not all freebies are created equal. Let’s discuss.
3. The best bargain for your Wendy’s Rewards points is a small Frosty.
For example, earning 150 points by spending $15 would be enough to get you a small Frosty (worth $2.39). So your original $15 spend got you a freebie worth 15.9% of what you spent — the best return on your points. Here’s how some of the other freebies stack up:
- Dave’s Single: 450 points, reg. $5.09 (11.3% return)
- Baconator: 700 points, reg. $7.39 (10.6% return)
- Dave’s Double: 600 points, reg. $6.29 (10.5% return)
- Junior Bacon Cheeseburger: 300 points, reg. $3.19 (10.6% return)
- Small Fry: 200 points, reg. $2.49 (12.5% return)
- Crispy Chicken Sandwich: 250 points, reg. $2.59 (10.4% return)
4. Fill out a survey and get a Wendy’s coupon for a free burger.
Save your Wendy’s receipt and turn it into a Wendy’s coupon for a free Dave’s Single burger or free chicken sandwich with the purchase of a premium sandwich.
All you have to do is fill out a survey with your experience and you’ll be able to claim your free sandwich on your next visit.
TIP: See our full list of restaurants that will give you freebies for offering feedback.
5. Get a free Wendy’s Frosty just for being born.
When you sign up for Wendy’s Rewards, make sure you enter your birthday to get a free Frosty during your birthday week. This Wendy’s coupon will only be available through the Wendy’s app.
This is just one of the many places you can get free food on your birthday.
6. Still need more Frosties in your life? Buy Boo! Books in September or October.
Boo! Books are available at participating Wendy’s during the months of September and October. They only cost $1 and come with 5 Jr. Frosty coupons — with some of the proceeds benefiting the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption.
You could also grab the Boo! Books before Halloween to hand out to trick-or-treaters! It’s just one of our many non-candy ideas for Halloween treats.
7. Earn more free Frosties with Wendy’s Frosty Key Tags.
From Nov. 1 – Jan. 31, you can purchase a Wendy’s Frosty Key Tag for $2 from the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption. They sell quickly, so be sure to purchase them as soon as you can! Each tag will earn you a free Jr. Frosty with every purchase in the new year.
8. Wendy’s breakfast menu doesn’t last all day, so make sure to order before 10:30 a.m.
Most Wendy’s breakfast hours are from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., but check with your local Wendy’s to find out when you can get your croissant sandwich and Frosty-ccino (cold brew with Frosty mix).
TIP: The Wendy’s app also has the best Wendy’s breakfast deals like $2 off any breakfast meal and 2x rewards points on any coffee purchase.
9. Order a Double Stack instead of a Dave’s Single burger to save $0.42/oz.
Just skip the traditional Dave’s Single. It has one 4-oz patty with a slice of cheese and veggies for $5.09, which comes out to $1.27 per ounce!
Instead, go for the Double Stack. It’s $3.39 for two 2-oz patties and cheese, which comes out to only $0.85/oz. (Remember, you can add veggies for free.)
10. Some of the best Wendy’s deals are the $5 Biggie Bag and the 4 for $4 menu — up to 57% off.
The best Wendy’s deals are the Wendy’s 4 for $4 menu and the Biggie Bag. Each of these menu deals will get you around a 50% discount when you order the special deal instead of purchasing the items individually:
- $5 Double Stack Biggie Bag vs. $10.16 for the items ordered individually — a 50.8% discount
- $5 Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger Biggie Bag vs. $9.96 for the items ordered individually — a 49.8% discount
- $5 Crispy Chicken BLT Biggie Bag vs. $9.96 for the items ordered individually — a 49.8% discount
- 4 for $4 Jr. Cheeseburgers vs. $9.36 for the items ordered individually — a 57.3% discount
Note: Some areas have different items on the $5 Biggie Bag and 4 for $4 menu, so be sure to check your local Wendy’s to see how they’re doing it.
11. Skip the Son of Baconator and order the Bacon Double Stack instead.
The Son of Baconator is your answer to ordering a Baconator with less beef, but if you want to save some more money, order the Bacon Double Stack instead. The Son of Baconator costs $5.69, but the Bacon Double Stack costs $3.89, which saves you $1.80.
If you want the extra bacon, you can add more to your Bacon Double Stack for about $1, which still makes it $0.80 cheaper than ordering the Son of Baconator.
12. Save $0.20 by ordering the Jr. Cheeseburger over the Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe.
If you’re looking to save on your Wendy’s order, be sure to order the Jr. Cheeseburger ($2.59) instead of the Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe ($2.79).
The Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe is just a Jr. Cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, and mayo — which you can add to your Jr. Cheeseburger for no additional charge.
13. The Wendy’s secret menu offers some of the most social media-worthy Wendy’s burger specials.
Wendy’s is known for being super customizable, so if you’re ordering in the restaurant, you can add additional patties to your burgers — which has led to the creation of the Wendy’s secret menu.
It does cost an additional $1.49 to add a patty (or $0.99 for a Jr. patty), and not all Wendy’s locations will allow you to do this.
Try these burger customizations at your local Wendy’s.
This burger went viral in 2013 and boasts a total of nine (NINE!!!) patties between two buns.
To get one, order a Dave’s Double with 7 additional patties for $16.32. If they refuse to make this for you, order 3 Dave’s Triple burgers ($21.57), and rearrange the ingredients yourself.
The Barnyard Burger
Get beef, pork, and chicken all in one sandwich with this secret menu item.
Order a Crispy Chicken BLT with an extra beef patty, which comes out to $4.18.
The Meat Cube
This burger has four patties, making it the shape of a cube.
Order a Dave’s Triple with an extra beef patty for $8.68 ($1.09/oz).
14. For the freshest Wendy’s salad, buy as close to 9 a.m. as you can.
Wendy’s has a darn good salad menu, and they don’t keep yesterday’s greens.
Still, the salads are pre-made between 7 – 9 a.m., so if you want your Wendy’s salad as fresh as possible, don’t make that your late-night order.
15. Sign up for Wendy’s Veterans Advantage program discounts if you served in the military.
The Veterans Advantage program sends exclusive rewards and offers all year via monthly “WendyMail” updates, plus additional Wendy’s deals and freebies around patriotic holidays.
You have to sign up for WendyMail if you want the discounts, but they’ll load any offers you receive into the app for you.
That’s just one of the military discounts you get can with your military ID.
16. Get a Wendy’s secret menu veggie sandwich for $2.79.
Where’s the beef? Who cares! If you’re not wanting meat but don’t want a salad, just order a Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe from the value menu for $2.79. Ask them to hold the meat but double all of the veggies for free.
Pair it with a baked potato (reg. $2.79) for a vegetarian meal that’s only $5.58.
17. Make your own Wendy’s Frosty Float.
If you’re getting bored of a standard Wendy’s Frosty (reg. $2.39), add a soda for $2.29 and pour it over your Wendy’s Frosty to make a Wendy’s Frosty Float. It’s the perfect treat for any season.
18. Check out the T-Mobile Tuesdays deals for Wendy’s coupons for free sandwiches.
If you have a phone plan with T-Mobile, you’re able to download the T-Mobile Tuesdays app (iOS / Android). Each Tuesday, they give customers freebies and discount coupons. In February and August 2021 and in May 2022, they gave out a coupon for a free breakfast sandwich (reg. $6.09) with the purchase of an additional item.
Be on the lookout for more coupons from T-Mobile Tuesdays, and if you don’t have T-Mobile, check out how you can save using other cell plan freebies.
19. The best Wendy’s hours are between 2 – 4 p.m. because you’ll get served faster.
If you want to wait as little time as possible, shoot for a mid-afternoon burger run between 2 and 4 p.m. The stretch between lunch and dinner is the slowest time of the day.
20. Skip the Facebook page, but Twitter provides free beefy laughs.
Wendy’s doesn’t do special deals on their social media accounts, but their Twitter feed is freaking hilarious. It’s worth a look.
21. Order Wendy’s delivery through Uber Eats for the cheapest delivery fee.
If you’re ordering delivery from a third-party delivery app, you’ll save the most on delivery fees when you order from Uber Eats:
22. Work for Wendy’s to get 50% off one meal per shift.
Want to work for Wendy’s? Great! They’ll give you 50% off one meal per shift — anything on the menu, with a maximum discount of $6.
When you’re not working, you get a VIP card that gives you 25% off the menu and any size drink for free.
23. Skip the soda and save up to $2.89.
Soda is one of the biggest moneymakers for restaurants, but Wendy’s soda prices are higher than most.
Your soda costs them less than $0.25 to make, yet you fork over $2.29 – $2.99. Order a water instead, or pick up a soda from a different fast food restaurant. Your wallet will thank you.
It’s just one of the best fast food menu hacks that you need to know.