Some people walk into a Wendy’s, pick something off the Wendy’s menu, pay for it, and eat.
We’re not those people. I’ve got some great ways to save money — Wendy’s coupons, tips, and tricks that you can do to save more on your next Wendy’s trip.
So, get ready to get your free Frosty on with these Wendy’s deals. Here’s what you do:
1. Download the Wendy’s app for Wendy’s coupons and freebies.
You’ll find offers like a free burger with purchase, free fries with purchase, free nuggets with purchase — even a free half-size salad. And buying a $0.50 Frosty is a qualified purchase.
2. Get lots of Wendy’s freebies by earning Wendy’s Rewards points.
When you sign up for Wendy’s Rewards, you earn 10 points for every $1 you spend when you scan your QR code at the restaurant or submit your receipts. Those points will earn you freebies, but not all freebies are created equal.
3. The best bargain for your Wendy’s Rewards points is a Small Frosty.
For example, when you spend $15.00, you’ll earn 150 points, which will get you a Small Frosty (worth $1.69). So your original $15 spend gets you a freebie worth 11.27% of that spend — the best value for your points. Here’s how some of the other freebies stack up:
- Dave’s Single: 450 points, reg. $4.99 (11.09% return)
- Baconator: 700 points, reg. $7.19 (10.27% return)
- Dave’s Double: 600 points, reg. $5.99 (9.98% return)
- Junior Bacon Cheeseburger, 300 points, reg. $2.49 (8.3% return)
- Small Fry: 200 points, reg. $1.49 (7.45% return)
- Crispy Chicken Sandwich: 250 points, reg. $1.79 (7.16% return)
4. Fill out a survey to get a Wendy’s coupon for a free burger.
Save your Wendy’s receipt and turn it into a Wendy’s coupon for a free Dave’s Single or Chicken Sandwich with a purchase of a premium sandwich.
All you have to do is fill out a survey with your experience at your Wendy’s, and you’ll be able to claim your sandwich on your next visit.
TIP: See our full list of restaurants that will give you freebies for offering feedback.
5. Get a free Wendy’s Frosty just for being born.
Wendy’s has offered free birthday Frosties and $1 off coupons in the past, so make sure you enter your B-day when you sign up for the app.
This is just one of many places to get free food on your birthday.
6. Still need more Frosties in your life? Buy a Boo! Book.
Boo! Books are available at participating Wendy’s during the months of September and October. They only cost $1 and come with coupons for 5 Junior Frosties — while benefitting the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption.
You could also grab them before Halloween to hand out to trick-or-treaters! It’s just one of our many non-candy ideas for Halloween.
7. Earn more free Frosties with Wendy’s Frosty Key Tags.
Starting Nov. 1, 2021, you can purchase a Frosty Key Tag for $2 from Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption. They sell quickly, so be sure to purchase them as soon as you can! Each tag will earn you a free Jr. Frosty with every purchase in the year 2022.
8. Buy the freshest Wendy’s salad as close to 9 a.m. as you can.
Wendy’s has a darn good salad menu, and they don’t keep yesterday’s greens.
Still, the salads are pre-made between 7-9 a.m., so if you want as fresh as possible, don’t make that your late-night order.
9. Wendy’s breakfast menu doesn’t last all day, so make sure to order before 10:30 a.m.
Most Wendy’s breakfast hours are from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., but check with your local Wendy’s to find out when you can get your Frosty-cinno and croissant sandwich.
10. Order a Dave’s Double Stack instead of a Dave’s Single to save $0.49/oz.
Just skip the traditional Dave’s Single. It has one 4-oz patty with a slice of cheese and veggies for $4.89, which comes out to $1.22 an ounce!
Instead, go for Dave’s Double Stack. At $3.29 for two 2-oz patties and cheese, it’s only $0.73/oz of beef. (Remember, you can add veggies for free.)
11. And when you order the Double Stack, you’ll save $0.99 by getting it on the 4 for $4 menu.
If you buy a Double Stack on its own, you’ll pay $2.99, making it the most expensive individual item on the 4 for $4 — and therefore, the best value!
Get it with a small drink, small fry, and 4-piece nuggets to save some cash.
Note: Some areas don’t include the Double Stack on the 4 for $4 menu — but the Bacon Double Stack is on the $5 Biggie Bag menu — so be sure to check your local Wendy’s to see how they’re doing it.
12. Skip the Son of Baconator and order the Bacon Double Stack instead.
The Son of Baconator is your answer to ordering a Baconator with less beef, but if you want to save some more money, order the Bacon Double Stack instead. The Son of Baconator costs $5.39, but the Bacon Double Stack costs $3.79 which saves you $1.60.
If you want the extra bacon, you can add more to your Bacon Double Stack for about $1.00, which still makes it cheaper than ordering the Son of Baconator by $0.60.
13. Save an additional $0.20 by ordering the Jr. Cheeseburger over the Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe.
If you’re looking to save on your Wendy’s order, be sure to order the Jr. Cheeseburger ($2.49) over the Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe ($2.69). The Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe is just a Jr. Cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, and mayo which you can add to your Jr. Cheeseburger for no additional charge.
14. Order off the “secret menu” for all of Wendy’s burger specials.
Wendy’s is known for being super customizable, so if you’re ordering in the restaurant, you can add additional patties to your burgers — which has led to some creative “secret menu” creations.
It does cost an additional $1.49 to add a patty (or $0.99 per Jr. patty), and not all Wendy’s locations will allow you to do this.
Try these burger customizations at your local Wendy’s.
This burger went viral in 2013 and boasts a total of nine (NINE!!!) patties between two buns.
Order a Dave’s Double with 7 additional patties for $16.32. If they refuse to make this for you, order 3 Dave’s Triple, and rearrange the ingredients yourself for $20.67.
The Barnyard Burger
Get beef, pork, and chicken all in one sandwich with this secret menu item.
Order a Crispy Chicken BLT with an extra beef patty for $4.28.
The Meat Cube
This burger has four patties, making it in the shape of a cube.
Order a Dave’s Triple with an extra beef patty for $8.38 (only $0.52/oz!).
15. Change a Wendy’s burger flavor by adding signature Wendy’s sauces.
Unlike Chick-fil-A, there’s no sauce shortage at Wendy’s — you can ask for as many as you want.
Ranch, Smoky Honey Mustard, S’awesome Sauce, Sweet and Sour, Ghost Pepper Ranch, Barbeque, and ketchup are available in whatever quantities you desire.
16. Sign up for Wendy’s Veterans Advantage Program discounts if you served.
The Veterans Advantage program sends veterans exclusive rewards and offers all year via the monthly “WendyMail,” and even more Wendy’s deals and freebies around patriotic holidays.
You have to sign up for WendyMail if you want the app, but they’ll load any discounts you receive through WendyMail to the app for you.
17. Get a Wendy’s secret menu veggie sandwich for just over $1.00.
Where’s the beef? Who cares! If you’re not wanting meat but don’t want a salad, just order a Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe from the value menu for just over $1. Ask them to hold the meat but double all of the veggies for free.
Pair it with a baked potato for a vegetarian meal that’s around $4.
18. Make your own Wendy’s Frosty Float.
If you’re getting bored of a regular Wendy’s Frosty, add a soda for $2.19 and pour it over your Wendy’s Frosty to make a Wendy’s Frosty Float. It’s the perfect treat for any season.
19. Check out the T-Mobile Tuesdays deals for Wendy’s coupons for free sandwiches.
If you have a phone plan under T-Mobile, you’re able to download the T-Mobile Tuesdays app. Each Tuesday, they give customers freebies and discount coupons. In February and August 2021, they gave out a coupon for a free breakfast sandwich with a purchase of an additional item.
Be on the lookout for more coupons from T-Mobile Tuesdays, and if you don’t have T-Mobile, check out how you can save using other phone plan freebies.
20. Hit them up between 2-4 p.m. for the fastest service.
If you want as little wait time as possible, shoot for a mid-afternoon burger run between 2 and 4. Between lunch and dinner is the slowest time of the day.
21. Skip the Facebook page, but Twitter offers free beefy laughs.
Wendy’s doesn’t do special deals on their social media accounts, but their Twitter feed is freaking hilarious. It’s worth a look.
22. Order Wendy’s delivery through DoorDash if you don’t want to leave your house.
DoorDash isn’t cheap at a standard $6 delivery charge, but sometimes you don’t want to wear pants.
Check out our DoorDash guide to learn more about how to get free delivery on your DoorDash orders.
23. Work for Wendy’s to get 50% off one meal per shift.
Want to work for Wendy’s? Great! They’ll give you 50% off one meal per shift — anything on the menu, with a maximum discount of $6.
When you’re not working, you get a VIP card that gives you 25% off the menu and any size drink for free.
24. Skip the soda and save up to $2.89.
Soda is one of the biggest moneymakers for restaurants, but Wendy’s soda prices are higher than most.
Your soda costs them less than $0.25, yet you fork over $2.19-$2.89. Order a water instead, or pick up a soda from a different fast food restaurant. Your wallet will thank you.