We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Getting older is no picnic, but one thing that makes life a little sweeter is all the senior discounts you can get. From restaurant discounts to senior prices on flights, there’s a bunch of ways you can save a little extra.
I’ve covered the best senior discounts available below, but be sure to call ahead to confirm. Some stores’ discount policies vary by location, and it’s often up to the discretion of the store manager. Still, it never hurts to ask if you’re unsure.
Oh, before you jump into this list, be sure to download the KCL app to see more ways you can save!
- Albertsons: I had to call customer service to verify, but all intermountain Albertsons locations offer 10% off senior discounts the first Thursday of every month, and all Southwest locations offer a 10% discount the first Wednesday of every month.
- AMC Theatres: Guests 60+ can get up to 30% off AMC movie tickets.
- Amtrak: Buy a train ticket with your 15% off discount through Amtrak. (62+)
- Applebee’s: Applebee’s senior discounts vary by location, so you need to call ahead to verify. But, their customer service rep told me they usually offer up to 10% off senior meals or off the total bill.
- Arby’s: I messaged Arby’s on Facebook and they told me that discounts vary by location. Call ahead to see if your Arby’s will give you 10% off your order total.
- Avis: AARP members save up to 30% off at Avis when making a reservation with the Avis Worldwide Discount number A359807. Reserve online or call (800) 331-1800 to book.
- Best Western: Guests 55+ can get up to 15% off room rates with Best Western’s senior hotel discount. But it’s not guaranteed, so call ahead to make sure it’s available — and bring along a valid ID.
- Bonefish Grill: AARP members at Bonefish Grill can save 10% off their entire bill.
- Boston Market: I called and confirmed that seniors can get 7% off their meal at Boston Market.
- British Airways: Until January 2021, AARP members can save up to $200 on airline tickets. Here’s a breakdown of their promo:
- $65 off for travel in economy standard fares only
- $65 off for travel in premium economy
- $200 off for travel in business
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Company: AARP members can save 10% off their total.
- Budget: Rent a car through Budget and get up to 30% off as an AARP member. Just use the BCD number Y508501 when you reserve to get your discount.
- Carrabbas: AARP members at Carrabbas can get 10% off their entire meal any day of the week.
- Carrow’s: Members 55+ can get value-priced entrees on the Carrows Golden 55 menu.
- CiCi’s Pizza: Call to verify, but some Cici’s locations offer a senior discount.
RELATED: Things You Can Always Get For Free
- Consumer Cellular: AARP members at Consumer Cellular get a 5% discount on monthly fees and usage charges.
- Days Inn: Guests 60+ can book online or call (800) 225-3297 to inquire about Days Inn’s senior rates.
- Denny’s: Get 15% off your entire meal at Denny’s if you’re a AARP member. (50+)
- El Pollo Loco: Get 10% off for customers 60+ with El Pollo Loco’s senior discount.
- Fazoli’s: AMAC members can join Fazoli’s Club 62, which offers seniors $4 meals every Wednesday and $1 beverages.
- Einstein Bros Bagels: You should call to confirm, but seniors can grab a morning bagel and coffee at Einstein Bros. Bagels and get 10% off. (60+)
- Fred Meyer: Customers 55+ can get an additional 10% off select items the first Tuesday of every month with Fred Meyer’s senior discount.
- Greyhound: Passengers 62+ can ask for a 5% discount on fares with Greyhound’s senior discount policy, just bring a valid ID along with you!
- Hertz: Travelers 50+ can save up to 20% off of base rates with Hertz’s senior discount.
Related: We did the digging and found that the list of grocery stores with a senior discount is shrinking.
- Kohl’s: Customers 65+ can get 15% off every Wednesday for in-store purchases under Kohl’s senior discount policy.
- LensCrafters: AARP members get the following senior discounts at LensCrafters stores:
- 30% off complete pairs (frame + lenses)
- 40% off transitions lenses (plus 30% off frame)
- 15% off lenses- or frame-only purchases
- 10% off contact lenses
- $55 exam copay for AARP members, and $50 exam copay for AARP United Health members
- McCormick and Schmick’s: AARP members save 10% on their total bill everyday.
- Marriott: Seniors can get a special senior rate when booking trips through Marriott. Be sure to select “Special Rate” and “Senior Discount” when booking for your dates on Marriot.com.
- McDonalds: Anyone 55 and older can get the 10% McDonald’s senior discount at participating locations with ID.
- Michael’s: Shop at Michaels and get 10% off regular price and sale items. (55+)
- National Park Service: Buy an Annual Senior Pass ($20) or a Lifetime Senior Pass ($80) and get up to 50% off of certain amenity fees (facilities and services such as camping, swimming, boat launch and specialized interpretive services).
- The Oceanaire Seafood Room: AARP members save 10% on their total bill everyday.
- Outback Steakhouse: Eat at Outback Steakhouse and you’ll get 10% off your entire check (excluding alcohol) with your AARP Card. (50+)
- Perkins: Seniors 55+ can order from the Perkins Fifty-Five Plus menu.
- Rainforest Cafe: AARP members can save 10% off their total meal.
- Ross: Every Tuesday, seniors 55+ are eligible for a 10% senior discount.
RELATED: Ross Shopping Hacks to Feed Your Addiction
- Rite Aid: Use your Wellness65+ card at Rite Aid on Wednesdays and get 20% off your purchase, plus get a free consultation with a Rite Aid pharmacist.
- Super 8: Guests 60+ can get a discounted rate off the Best Available Rate. Call (800) 454-3213 to reserve.
- United Airlines: Call ahead at (800) 241-6522 to see if you qualify for a senior discounted flight with United Airlines. (65+)
- Verizon Wireless: Customers 55+ can get unlimited 4G data, talk and text and more for $60 a line.
- Wyndham Hotels: Seniors 60+ can get special discounts on the Best Available Rate. Book online or call their reservation line at (800) 407-9832.
Don’t scroll up — we’ve got your related links right here:
Things You Can Always Get for Free
What Should You Do With $1,000? Here’s 7 Ways to Invest It
Ross Shopping Hacks to Feed Your Addiction