We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
So, how do you get free food at restaurants without complaining to a manager? Fill out a receipt survey!
While some offer a sweepstakes entry or a simple thank you, others are willing to give you legit freebies for your opinion (good, bad, or ugly). Here are the deets (prices may vary between locations):
1. Complete the receipt survey to get $5 off $25 at Buffalo Wild Wings.
Give feedback to Buffalo Wild Wings within 48 hours of your visit, and you’ll get a coupon code for $5 off a $25 purchase your next visit.
Present your receipt and redemption code (which you’ll get after completing the survey) within 14 days to redeem the offer, which is valid for dine-in only.
TIP: Hang on to your receipt surveys for proof you are eligible for the free item or promo.
2. Burger King gives you free food at restaurants — save up to $4.99 when you fill out their survey.
Fill out the survey within 48 hours of your visit to Burger King and get a free Whopper (reg. $4.99) or Original Chicken Sandwich (reg. $4.79) when you buy any size drink and fries. Or you could get the Croissan’wich (reg. $4.79) with the purchase of coffee and hashbrowns.
3. Fill out a Checkers or Rally’s survey and get ANY sandwich free.
4. Get Chick-fil-A free food at restaurants when you complete their survey — a free $4.29 Original Chicken sandwich.
Chick-fil-A offers a free Original Chicken Sandwich (reg. $4.29) or a Spicy Chicken sandwich (reg. $4.65) if you complete the survey within two days of your visit. Learn how to save more with these Chick-fil-A hacks.
5. Get a $2.89 single scoop of frozen custard free when you fill out Culver’s survey.
Enjoy a free single scoop waffle cone or dish (reg. $2.89) on your next visit when you fill out the Culver’s survey within 48 hours of your visit. No purchase is necessary to use your coupon.
6. Enjoy a free Dilly Bar at Dairy Queen when you fill out their survey.
Get a free Dilly Bar (reg. $1.79) when you fill out your Dairy Queen receipt survey within three days of your visit. The offer is valid for 30 days.
7. Get a $2.69 medium-size drink for free at Firehouse Subs.
Fill out the Firehouse Subs survey and get a free medium drink (reg. $2.69) with the purchase of an adult sub or salad. Your feedback will also get you entered into a monthly $500 sweepstakes.
8. Complete an IHOP survey and get a free short stack.
Get one free short stack of buttermilk pancakes (reg. $5.69) when you complete an IHOP feedback survey within three days of your visit. The offer is valid for 30 days after the receipt date.
9. Get a free Quarter Pounder with Cheese at McDonald’s.
Within seven days of filling out the survey at McDonald’s, you can enjoy a BOGO free Quarter Pounder with cheese (reg. $4.69) or an Egg McMuffin (reg. $3.29). The offer is valid 30 days from the receipt date.
10. Panda Express gives you free food at restaurants when you fill out their survey — a free small entree.
The feedback survey at Panda Express offers a free small entree when you buy a 2-entree plate within two days of your visit. That means you’re getting a 3-entree plate (reg. $10.40) for the price of a 2-entree plate (reg. $8.90).
11. Enjoy a free bakery treat at Panera Bread.
Although Panera Bread receipts don’t offer a freebie via a feedback survey, they will give you a freebie if something’s wrong with your order. Panera asks customers to let an associate know about the issue, and you’ll receive a free bakery treat — saving you anywhere from $2.69 to $4.29. They’ll most likely replace the “mistake” item and let you keep the original.
12. Get a coupon code for a free $0.79 cookie at Subway.
Fill out the receipt survey for Subway within three days of your visit and they’ll give you a coupon code for a free cookie. No purchase is necessary to use the coupon.
13. Save $4 when you fill out the receipt survey at Tropical Smoothie Cafe.
Although Tropical Smoothie Cafe doesn’t offer a freebie when you fill out their receipt survey, they will give you a smoothie for $1.99, saving you about $4 when you buy a flatbread or wrap.
You’ll literally never have to pay full price for a smoothie there ever again.
14. Get a $6.29 Chicken sandwich for free at Wendy’s.
Fill out Wendy’s receipt survey, and you get a free Dave’s Single (reg. $5.69) or Chicken Sandwich (reg. $6.29) when you buy any premium sandwich.
Once you complete the survey, bring the receipt with you within 14 days to claim your freebie.
15. Give feedback to other restaurants without receipt surveys.
Some popular restaurants don’t have receipt surveys but may offer you something, possibly even a freebie if you provide feedback via contact form or phone. Doesn’t hurt to try (but be nice!).
- Arby’s (800) 599-2729
- BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse (888) 566-0060
- Boston Market (800) 365-7000
- Chili’s (800) 983-4637
- Chiptole (303) 595-4000
- Del Taco (800) 852-7204
- Domino’s (734) 930-3030
- El Pollo Loco (877) 375-4968
- Five Guys (866) 345-4897
- In-n-Out Burger (800) 786-1000
- Jack in the Box (800) 378-5225
- Jersey Mike’s (800) 321-7676
- KFC (800) 225-5532
- Outback Steakhouse (813) 282-1225
- P.F. Chang’s China Bistro (866) 694-9972
- Pizza Hut (800) 948-8488
- Popeye’s (877) 767-3937
- QDOBA (858) 766-4900
- Red Lobster (800) 562-7837
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers and Brews (877) 733-6543
- Sonic Drive-In (866) 657-6642
- Starbucks (800) 782-7282
- Taco Bell (800) 822-6235
- Tim Horton’s (888) 601-1616
- Whataburger (800) 628-7437
- White Castle (800) 843-2728
Filling out restaurant surveys doesn’t take much time and can get you all kinds of freebies. Let me know below in the comments which one is your favorite receipt survey offering.