You work hard enough, that’s why I’ve done ALL of my homework to find the best discounts for teachers and even some freebies for your classroom – from technology and software to school supplies and more.
Keep in mind that you will need your teacher ID and/or your school email for most of these.
Be sure to check out our back-to-school deals to find out how to get the latest deals, discounts, and freebies for teachers.
Zulily Teacher Discount
Get 10% off for 90 days on Zulily and a three-month membership when you verify your account before September 15, 2021. That’s on top of the up to 70% off you would normally get at the store. This includes items such as clothing, furniture, and groceries.
Verizon Teacher Discount & Related Offers
- AT&T offers discounts if your school has a partnership with them (sometimes as much as 20% off). Check your eligibility and discount level here.
- T-Mobile gives educators $10 off their Magenta Max cell phone plans, and has a whole page dedicated to their teacher discounts.
- The Verizon Teacher Discount Education Discount offers up to 20% off products and your monthly bill, based on the eligibility of your school/employer. Enter your information on Verizon’s discount page, or visit your local Verizon store to see if you qualify.
- Farmers Insurance offers “Affinity” discounts (which include teachers) of up to 10% depending on your location. Visit their website and get a quote to see if you are eligible.
- Liberty Mutual offers additional coverage on auto insurance to teachers for free, including vandalism loss protection, personal property coverage, and collision coverage.
Apple Teacher Discount & Other Tech Deals
- Apple offers teachers 10% off computers, iPads, and software with their Education Pricing program.
- Sign up for the Bose teacher discount to get speakers, headphones, and other audio-tech products for up to 15% off.
- Take 5-10% off computers, tablets, and more with the Lenovo Academic Purchase Program. Select your state and school for a list of deals.
- Wester Digital offers 15% off their hard drives, flash drives, and other storage options with their Teacher Discount.
- Dell offers special teacher discounts on their computers and accessories throughout the year, including a 10% off coupon during Teacher Appreciation Week in April.
- Get 5-15% off Lenovo items using the LenovoEDU discount.
Target Teacher Discount & Other Retail Offers
- Target gives teachers a one-time 15% off coupon through Target Circle on July 19 to use on select school supplies (but be sure to use it before August 29 before the coupon expires!).
- Office Depot & Office Max periodically send teacher-only coupons throughout the year, particularly around Back-to-School — as high as 50% off!
- Teachers get to avoid paying tax on all Home Depot purchases they use for the classroom. Make sure you qualify before you check out.
- Year-round, Staples’ Teacher Rewards Program gives you 5% back on Staples purchases, and up to 10% back during the month of August.
Michaels Teacher Discount & Other Craft Store Deals
- Michaels Teacher Discount gets you 15% off your purchases, anytime. Heads up — you can’t combine this discount with any other coupons, but you can combine with Michaels Rewards (and you can qualify by becoming an in-store instructor, too.)
- JOANN Teacher Rewards offers 15% off every single purchase, online and in store.
- Teachers can sign up for Blick Art Materials’ free Preferred Card to get 10% off all purchases.
Barnes & Noble Teacher Discount & Other Bookstore Deals
- Get 20% off books (and 10% off at the Cafe) with the Barnes & Noble Educator Program. Look out for the 25% off Educator Appreciation Days on sporadic weekends throughout the year.
- Apply for an Educator Discount Card at Half-Price Books to get 10% off purchases in store, year-round.
- The Books-A-Million Educator’s Card provides a 20% discount on all items purchased in store, and free shipping on all eligible purchases from booksamillion.com. They also have an annual Educator Week with more discounts.
Microsoft Office Teacher Discount & Other Software Deals
- Teachers can have Microsoft Office 365 Education for free (which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Teams). Microsoft also offers teacher discounts to the tune of 10% off all devices, plus free software upgrades.
- Take a virtual field trip or prep a whole month of lesson plans with a free account on ABCMouse (for K-2 teachers).
- Adobe offers 60% off of their Creative Cloud (which includes Photoshop!) for qualifying students and teachers.
J.Crew Teacher Discount & Other Clothing Offers
- Banana Republic offers 15% off anything — as long as it’s full price — for teachers and faculty with school ID. (FYI: The teacher discount won’t work at their factory stores.)
- Men’s clothing company Bonobos offers 20% off their apparel and accessories for teachers who get verified.
- Teachers get a 20% off coupon for Cole Haan when they register with their school email.
- Crocs is giving teachers a 15% discount on all full-priced styles.
- Eddie Bauer offers 10-15% off all full-priced items in store to all educators. Just bring your ID in store.
- The Hanes Company — which includes Hanes.com, Champion.com, OneHanesPlace.com, and JustMySize.com — gives teachers (even retired ones) 10% off.
- J.Crew’s teacher discount and Madewell’s teacher discount (they’re owned by the same company) gives college educators and students 15% off everything in store and online. The catch? The 15% discount for J.Crew is only valid in store at J.Crew Factory and J.Crew Mercantile locations (not regular J.Crew or online).
- LOFT gives teachers 15% off everything — including its elegant work shirts! — AND access to exclusive sweepstakes and grants if you sign up for the LOFT teacher-specific newsletter.
- Puma offers 10% off shoes, apparel, and everything else verified teachers order online.
- Reebok offers a 30% “Heroes Discount” online for teachers (and other civil servants).
- Roxy’s “Rewarding our Heroes” program gives teachers 15% off select online orders.
- Under Armor has a big group of people they give 10% discounts to at their online store, and that includes teachers.
- LensCrafters offers teachers 60% off on lenses (but not frames).
Disney World Teacher Discount & Other Travel Offers
- Marriott offers special educator rates at select locations. Tell them you’re a teacher when you book, and plan to have your ID at check-in.
- In the past, Six Flags has given teachers free admission during one whole week in August (in 2019, it was August 19-26). The free pass extends to other school faculty, and invites you to bring up to four guests for 50% off their admission, too. All you have to do is show your school ID or badge at the main entrance.
- If you’re planning a Disney vacay, you can get up to 25% off at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotels in Florida. Call 1-888-828-8850 and give them the “TEACHERS RATE” code verbally.
- Get into Sea World for free all year long when you register for the Teacher Study Pass. (Valid for teachers in Florida and Southern California.)
- Many National Park visitors centers give teachers 15% off many purchases in stores and online. This is for the gift shop, not entry/camping fees.
Other Teacher Discounts
- The New York Times offers up to 60% off digital subscriptions through their Academic Access program. That’s $7.50 per month for unlimited NYT reading instead of $15 — a savings of $90 if you use it all year-round.
- The Wall Street Journal offers college professors complimentary access to digital subscriptions if your college or university partners with them. That’s great news, because their digital subscription is normally $39 per month.
- Save 45% on a USA Today subscription through their educator program (that’s $.40 per copy!).
- The Washington Post offers 50% off for all educators through their academic rate program.
- Headspace provides a free meditation account for educators when they use their school email.