We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Since we’re all pretty used to getting our favorite meals delivered at home, free Uber Eats offers are precious commodities. We can get the best restaurant foods without having to change out of our sweats.
All you have to do is download the Uber Eats app (iOS / Android) to get free Uber Eats offers, free delivery, and discounts, which you can use at countless restaurants in your area, and we’ll show you how to find all the best Uber Eats promos and even details on Uber One.
And if you love saving, then you should totally download the KCL app, too!
Here are 17 tips to help you save on Uber Eats delivery:
1. Sign up for Uber One — formerly Uber Eats Pass — to get free delivery for a month.
Uber One (formerly known as Uber Eats Pass) is Uber’s subscription service that’ll get you free delivery on restaurant orders of $15 or more or grocery orders of $30 or more. It’ll also discount most of your restaurant orders and Uber rides by 5%.
Uber One costs $9.99/month or $99.99/year, but they offer a free 30-day trial for you to try out the service.
TIP: DoorDash has a similar kind of subscription called the DashPass, which offers free delivery on orders of $12 or more. DashPass costs $9.99/month and has a 30-day free trial. If you’re looking for more ways to save on DoorDash, we know all the ways to get DoorDash coupons and how to use them.
2. The Uber One subscription is only worth it if you order Uber Eats at least twice a month.
You’d normally pay $4 – $8 for Uber Eats delivery (depending on your location), so if you order twice in a month, your Uber One subscription will pay for itself.
TIP: You can cancel your Uber One subscription anytime by going into the “Uber One subscription” page on your account settings. You’ll maintain the benefits till the end of your billing period, but if you cancel during the trial, the benefits will halt immediately.
3. Our promo code gives new Uber Eats customers $20 off — but make sure you use it on your FIRST order.
So, if you’ve never used Uber Eats before, here’s what you do:
- Sign up for a free Uber Eats account.
- Put in the promo code EATS-JOANIED156UI in the Account/Promotions section in the app.
- Use the “$20 off your first $25 order” credit.
4. Get Uber One free for six months — and a $25 credit for new customers — if you have Disney Plus.
They’ll also give you a $25 credit towards an Uber Eats order (if it’s your first time ordering).
You can get this offer through Sept. 17, 2022, so act fast.
5. Get 5% off on your Uber Eats gift cards when you use your Target RedCard.
The Target RedCard is a branded debit card that connects to your checking account, and when you use it at Target and Target.com, you’ll get 5% off your purchases. That includes Uber Eats gift cards. This is just one of the many benefits of having a Target RedCard.
If you don’t have a Target RedCard, you can get a 2% discount on Uber Eats gift cards when you order off Raise.com
TIP: You can use Uber, Uber Eats, and Postmates gift cards on your Uber Eats account (and vice versa).
6. Get a 2% discount on Uber and Uber Eats gift cards when you buy through Raise.com.
TIP: If you’re a part of the Verizon Up Rewards, you’ll often see Uber gift cards you can redeem for your monthly reward. All you need to do to get these rewards is have a Verizon phone plan and join up on the Verizon app.
7. Use the Uber Eats referral program to get you and your friends a $15 Uber Eats coupon.
In the Account section of the app, click the “Invite Friends” link. You’ll then find a special referral code that you can pass along to someone else. When they sign up, they get $15 off their first order of $25 or more, and you get an additional $15 off a minimum purchase of $25. Not a bad deal.
8. Use the promos and skip the Uber Eats delivery fee when you pick up.
An easy way to skip the Uber Eats delivery fee is to choose to pick up instead of delivery. That way, you can still use the Uber Eats promo codes and coupons, like $5 off a $20 purchase, on your order without having to pay for delivery fees. Make your coupons go further.
TIP: You can order convenience store items like toilet paper, bandages, and over-the-counter medication when you limit your search to “Convenience” in Uber Eats.
9. Uber Eats has flash sales — find the $0 Delivery Fee Countdown on the app.
You don’t have to have Uber One to get free Uber Eats delivery.
When you’re scrolling through the Uber Eats app, you’ll stumble on the section “$0 Delivery Fee Countdown.” This gives you a list of eight random restaurants in your area that are offering free delivery right now.
$0 Delivery Fee Countdown gives you up to fifteen minutes to order from their list of restaurants and get free delivery. The section refreshes when the countdown is done and gives you a new timer and set of restaurants to choose from — and it’s available 24/7.
Note: If you have Uber One, you won’t be able to see this page.
10. Don’t miss out on the Deals page to save up to $5 on $20+ orders or get a free food item with purchase.
Uber Eats has an entire section dedicated to daily deals. You just need to switch the “Deals” toggle on when you are searching for restaurants. Here are some of the offers we got:
- Spend $20 and save $5
- Get a free food item when you spend $20
- Spend $15 and save $3
- $0 delivery fee when you spend $10
These restaurant offers rotate every day, so you can order something different and save.
11. Join the Uber Rewards program to get freebies and discounts from Uber.
The Uber Rewards program is a free service that Uber created for their customers to get discounts and freebies just for using the app. Here are the ways you can earn points through the program:
- 1 point for every dollar you spend when you order from Uber Eats or decide to take an Uber Pool
- 2 points for every dollar you spend when you take an UberX, Uber XL, Uber Green, Uber WAV/Assist, Uber Comfort, Uber Select, Uber Pet, and Uber Connect trips.
- 3 points for every dollar you spend when you take Uber Black and Uber Black SUV trips
12. You can get up to 3.9% cashback through the Uber Rewards program.
You can only hold 8,000 points at a time, and once you earn 100 points, you can start redeeming your points for discounts and freebies. The items tend to cycle out, but here’s what you can expect to get from the program:
13. Here’s how you can get an Uber Eats refund.
We get it. Sometimes your order is wrong or you were missing an item. But Uber Eats will sometimes give you Uber Cash credit that you can use on your account if either of those things happens. Here’s what you need to do to get that credit:
- Click on the “previous orders” icon at the bottom of the app.
- Select which order needs a refund.
- Rate your experience and driver.
- Explain what went wrong with your delivery and add any extra comments.
In my experience, Uber Eats customer service isn’t super receptive — not like DoorDash’s — so expect a partial refund, not a full refund.
14. No matter what, you can’t escape taxes or service fees.
We placed an order for $31.76 worth of food at a local Mediterranean restaurant, and although an Uber Eats Pass promo took $30 off the total, we still had to pay $1.91 in sales tax (which varies by state, of course) and Uber Eats’ 15% service fee (which is universal).
Delivery was free — because we had the Eats Pass — and after a 10% tip, we still ended up paying $10.73 in fees out of pocket. But still: Less than $11 for $40 worth of food — delivered? OH YES.
15. There is no Uber Eats student discount.
If you’re looking for a student discount for Uber Eats, you’re out of luck. You can find Uber Eats promo codes like $20 off a $40 order that is only accessible for students if they have a UNiDAYS account, but there are no ongoing college student deals.
We do know all the best college student discounts and freebies that you can get with your student ID.
16. Drive for Uber Eats and get discounts on your phone plan and free Pandora.
Driving for Uber Eats won’t get you discounts on Uber or Uber Eats services, but you will get a discount of up to 22% on your phone bill through Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T. These savings can be on a family phone bill as well. You will also get Pandora for free for as long as you drive with Uber.
17. You can order alcohol from Uber Eats when you show your ID to your delivery driver.
You can order alcohol from Uber Eats, but you will need to show your driver’s license or passport that confirms that you’re 21+ to your driver before the driver can dispense the alcohol to you.
If you cancel your order at any time, you’ll have to pay a $15 restocking fee.
(The only states that do NOT offer alcohol through Uber Eats are Alabama, Delaware, Kentucky, Mississippi, Rhode Island, and Utah.)
18. Order delivery from your favorite restaurants from New York, L.A., Miami, & San Fransisco.
Uber Eats was generally for local restaurants, but now you can order from restaurants in New York, L.A., Miami, & San Francisco. They are still testing this new feature, so you can only order from select restaurants right now:
- Bludso’s BBQ
- Gotta Have S’More
- Dreamy Creations
- Western Bagel
- Lala’s Argentine Grill
- Lette Macarons
- The Pie Hole
- Sarge’s Deli
- Juice Press
- Wafels & Dinges
- George Stone Crab
- Doggi’s Arepa Bar
- Sabores Market
- La Fromagerie
- Stirred, not Shaken