We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
When it comes to Burger King coupons, we’ve all got questions:
How do you get a meal for under $6 at Burger King? What’s on the Burger King secret menu? How does one choose between French fries and onion rings? How to get a free Burger King Whopper?
If you’re looking for Burger King coupons, savings, and freebies, you’ve come to the right place.
Download the Krazy Coupon Lady app for more of the best money-saving coupons and deals.
Note: Burger King’s pricing is regional, so you may notice some slight price differences depending on where you are.
1. Get a free Burger King Whopper when you place your first $3+ online order.
Plus, if you’re a new user, you’re also eligible for a free Whopper the first time you spend $3 after sign-up.
2. Earn points toward free food with the Burger King app and website.
At Burger King, you earn 10 points (“Crowns”) for every $1 you spend via their app and website. The Crowns can be redeemed for Burger King coupons that cover a pretty massive chunk of the menu.
- 250 Crowns will get you free $1.29-$1.79 food items: Cheeseburger, 4 pc Nuggets, Value Fries, Small Frozen Coke, Soft Serve Cone
- 400 Crowns will get you free $1.99-$2.69 food items: Bacon Cheeseburger, Double Cheeseburger, 10 pc Nuggets, Medium Coffee, Whopper Jr., Hershey’s Sundae Pie
- 550 Crowns will get you free $2.69-$2.89 food items: Egg & Cheese Biscuit, Double Bacon Cheeseburger, Egg & Cheese Croissan’wich, Large Iced Vanilla Coffee, Whopper Jr. with Cheese, Large Soft Drink
- 750 Crowns will get you free $3.39-$5.49 food items: Whopper, Sausage Egg & Cheese Biscuit, 9 pc Chicken Fries, 8 pc Mozzarella Sticks, Oreo Cookie Shake
- 1,000 Crowns will get you free $4.29-$5.29 food items: Big Fish, Egg-Normous Burrito, Double Sausage Egg & Cheese Croissan’wich, Fully Loaded Croissan’wich, Impossible Whopper, Original Chicken Sandwich
- 1,400 Crowns will get you free $6.89-$7.99 food items: Bacon King, Double Whopper
As soon as you sign up for BK Royal Perks through the app, you get 500 crowns — which will get you TWO of the 250-Crown items! And during your birthday month, every order earns double the points.
3. Spend 750 Burger King Crowns at a time to get the best value from your freebies.
Burger King freebies cost a set number of Crowns in six different tiers, but they’re not all created equal.
When you spend $75 at Burger King, you get 750 Crowns, and that will get you up to $5.49 in free food. That 7.3% value-back reward is the highest of the six different freebie categories. Here’s how it breaks down:
- You spend $25 to get a menu item worth up to $1.79 (7.2% back)
- You spend $40 to get a menu item worth up to $2.69 (6.7% back)
- You spend $55 to get a menu item worth up to $2.89 (5.3% back)
- You spend $75 to get a menu item worth up to $5.49 (7.3% back)
- You spend $100 to get a menu item worth up to $5.29 (5.3% back)
- You spend $140 to get a menu item worth up to $7.99 (5.7% back)
4. The Burger King app also gives you daily deals and free upgrades.
In the Offers section of the Burger King app, you’ll find a rotating selection of digital Burger King coupons and deals, including $3 Double Whopper, $3 Whopper Wednesdays (that includes the Impossible Whopper), and offers like 40 chicken nuggets and two large fries for $9.99.
These switch out daily, but you can almost always find coupon codes that include the Whopper or Croissan’wich.
The app also gives you exclusive free upgrades on Burger King drinks and Burger King fries.
5. Take the Burger King survey on your receipt to get a free Whopper or Croissan’wich.
You’ll want to hold on to your Burger King receipt. There’s a survey code on it, which you’ll input at https://www.mybkexperience.com with some information about your visit.
You’ll be rewarded with Burger King coupons for a free Whopper, Original Chicken Sandwich, or Croissan’wich when you purchase fries and a drink.
So basically, your receipt is worth:
- $5.49 for a free Whopper
- $5.29 for a free Original Chicken Sandwich
- $1.79 for a free Croissan’wich
Get more than what you paid for by getting one of these receipts with a $1 Value Menu purchase.
6. Get a 10-lb bag of Burger King ice for only $1.
Bet you didn’t know Burger King will sell you a massive 10-lb bag of ice for just $0.99.
Compare that to a 10-lb bag of ice at 7-Eleven, which is anywhere from $2.50 to $4, depending on your location.
7. Get a discounted Burger King gift card to save even more.
One of the best reasons to get a Target RedCard is to receive a 5% discount on every purchase, including Burger King gift cards. That’s an automatic 5% off on every Burger King purchase you make.
Tip: Check out the Dining Discount Pass from Restaurant.com to get Burger King coupons like BOGO Big Fish Sandwiches (reg. $3.99).
8. The Burger King 2 for $5 is the best Burger King deal — 52% savings.
The Burger King 2 for $5 Mix n’ Match deal will get you two entrees for only $5. This includes popular sandwiches like the Big King and the Original Chicken Sandwich:
- Big King (reg. $4.29) — a 41.7% discount when you order two
- Single Quarter Pound King (reg. $4.99) — a 49.9% discount when you order two
- Original Chicken Sandwich (reg. $5.29) — a 52.7% discount when you order two
- Big Fish (reg. $5.29) — a 52.7% discount when you order two
- Chicken Fries (reg. $3.39) — a 26.3% discount when you order two
9. Get the Burger King family bundle if you’re getting two Burger King meals — save 50%.
The Burger King family bundle will get you two meals for $10 and will get you a sandwich (reg. $3.39 – $5.29), a small drink (reg. $2.19), and small fries (reg. $2.59).
That’ll cost you $20.14 separately and $16.38 if you get two meals. That means you’ll be saving 50.3% and 38.9% respectively.
10. Try the Burger King secret menu superstar: The Rodeo Burger.
The Rodeo Burger is still a secret menu item in many locations, and it’s one of the most popular. Ask for a cheeseburger with barbecue sauce and onion rings on top; it’ll cost around $3.
If this is on the menu at your local Burger King, check the Value Menu — it should be even cheaper ($1.99)!
11. Swap out the Burger King toys in the kids’ meal for free dessert.
Apparently, the toy in the kids’ meals is worth $1.29 — a BK crew member told us you can swap a toy for a soft-serve cone or a cookie (both $1.29 items).
12. Skip the combo meals; you can put together a bigger meal for cheaper with the Burger King Value Menu — over 10% savings.
With prices from $1.29 to $3.29, the Burger King Value Menu lets you put together a meal much cheaper than the standard combos.
You can get a Bacon Double Cheeseburger with fries, a drink, and an ice cream cone for $7.56 — much less than the Whopper meal ($8.49), which doesn’t even have dessert.
13. You can add a side of bacon to anything — ANYTHING — for $0.80.
You can order Burger King fries with a side of bacon, or you can order all the Burger King desserts with a side of bacon for savory contrast.
You can even order a Burger King milkshake with a side of bacon. No one will question you. I ordered mine as a side with a large drink. They gave me four half-strips in a salad container.
14. Customize a Burger King cheeseburger to create a cheaper Whopper Jr — for 37% less.
You’re looking at around $1 in savings if — instead of ordering a Burger King Whopper Jr. — you order a cheeseburger with:
- No ketchup
- No mustard
- Add mayo
- Add lettuce, onion, tomato, and pickle
It’s just $1.69 at my BK for this hack, as opposed to $2.69 for the Whopper Jr. — that’s $1 (37.1% off)! And you did that without Burger King coupons.
15. Order a value-sized drink to save up to $2.30 (with free refills).
Skip ordering standard small ($2.39) or large ($2.69) Burger King drinks, and go for the value size instead. You can refill it as much as you’d like and only pay $1.59.
Going through the drive-thru? Order your drink with no ice or light ice to get more beverage and less filler.
16. And speaking of drinks, BK is the only place to get Surge on tap.
Some of you might remember Coke’s attempt at Mountain Dew, called Surge. It was a big hit in the last ’90s, and fans were excited to see it make a comeback at Burger King.
To this day, Burger King is the only place that carries it in fountain drink form. And even better — they have the new zero-calorie version, too.
This is only available at Burger Kings that have a Coca-Cola Freestyle soda machine, so make sure your location has one to get Surge.
17. Ask for salt-less Burger King fries to get the freshest batch.
Burgers sit under warmers and sometimes, so do the fries. Order salt-less French fries and crew members will make a fresh batch.
If you miss the salt, just ask for a salt packet and add it back in.
It’s one of the many restaurant hacks that’ll have you getting the most value out of your meal.
18. Almost all customizations are free — only meat, cheese, and tomatoes cost.
BK says “Be Your Way,” and they mean it; modifying your order is pretty cheap because they only charge extra for meat ($1.20/patty), cheese ($1.00/slice), tomatoes ($0.25/slice), and bacon ($0.80/four slices). Plus, you can add extra onions and pickles for free.
Better yet — you’ll get a fresher sandwich (not pre-made).
19. Get your Burger King delivery from Uber Eats for the cheapest delivery fee.
We checked different Burger King delivery locations, and we’ve found that Uber Eats consistently has the cheapest delivery fee:
- Uber Eats: $0.49
- DoorDash: $3.99
- Grubhub: $3.99
20. Get Burger King breakfast from 6:00 to 10:30 a.m.
When does Burger King stop serving breakfast? Every day, Burger King opens at 6 a.m., and you’ll be able to get Burger King breakfast until 10:30 a.m.
This is the only time to get access to the Burger King breakfast menu which has Croissan’wich and hashbrowns.
21. Order your Burger King Whopper low-carb for no extra charge.
Rather than have to pull apart your Whopper to be Keto-friendly, ask for your Whopper to be “low carb” and they’ll put it on a bed of lettuce in a salad container.
It’s no extra charge (but it honestly feels like it should have some kind of discount since you’re getting less food).
22. Order ‘Frings’ if you can’t pick between fries or onion rings.
When you order Frings at your local BK, you’ll be getting both Burger King fries and onion rings in one container for no extra charge.
23. Become a Burger King employee to get discounted or free food during your shift.
According to the reviews of current and former Burger King employees, getting free or discounted food is one of the perks of the job — but the size of that discount depends on your location.
While some employees report free meals after 4 hours of work or 50% off meals during a shift, others have signaled a much smaller 15% discount. Either way, the food’s cheaper!
Tip: The Burger King senior discount and military discount will get you 10% off your food when you show your ID. They don’t have any discounts for students or teachers, but we know all the student discounts, teacher discounts, military discounts, and senior discounts you can use everyday.
24. Apply for a Burger King scholarship and get up to $5,000 when you get selected.
The Burger King scholarship will get you $1,000 to $5,000 to over 4,000 students a year. All you need to do is complete an essay relating to the subject, have a 2.5 or higher GPA, and plan on going to or are attending a four-year college.
College is expensive, but there are several unique college scholarships that you can get that usually go unclaimed.
25. You can’t use your Apple Pay at Burger King.
Does Burger King take Apple Pay? Unfortunately, you won’t be able to pay with Apple Pay at Burger King. Burger King only accepts Venmo, cash, credit cards, and debit cards.