When it comes to Burger King, we’ve all got questions:
How do you get a meal for under $6 at Burger King? What’s on the Burger King secret menu? Can’t choose between French fries and onion rings? Want to know how to get a free Whopper? Missing the 2 for 5 Mix N’ Match deal?
If you’re looking for Burger King coupons, offers, and hacks, you’ve come to the right place.
Download the Krazy Coupon Lady app for more of the best money-saving coupons and deals.
Note: Burger King’s pricing is regional, so you may notice some slight price differences depending on where you are.
1. Get a free Whopper when you place your first $3+ online order.
Plus, if you’re a new user, you’re also eligible for a free Whopper the first time you spend $3 after sign-up.
2. Earn points toward free food with the BK app and website.
At Burger King, you earn 10 points (“Crowns”) for every $1 you spend via their app and website. The Crowns can be redeemed for a pretty massive chunk of the menu.
- 250 Crowns will get you free $1.00-$1.69 food items: Cheeseburger, 4 pc Nuggets, Value Fries, Small Frozen Coke, Soft Serve Cone
- 400 Crowns will get you free $1.49-$2.19 food items: Bacon Cheeseburger, Double Cheeseburger, 10 pc Nuggets, Medium Coffee, Whopper Jr., Hershey’s Sundae Pie
- 550 Crowns will get you free $2.29-$2.65 food items: Egg & Cheese Biscuit, Double Bacon Cheeseburger, Egg & Cheese Croissan’wich, Large Iced Vanilla Coffee, Whopper Jr. with Cheese, Large Soft Drink
- 750 Crowns will get you free $2.65-$3.39 food items: Whopper, Sausage Egg & Cheese Biscuit, 9 pc Chicken Fries, 8 pc Mozzarella Sticks, Oreo Cookie Shake
- 1,000 Crowns will get you free $4.29-$5.69 food items: Big Fish, Egg-Normous Burrito, Double Sausage Egg & Cheese Croissan’wich, Fully Loaded Croissan’wich, Impossible Whopper, Original Chicken Sandwich
- 1,400 Crowns will get you free $5.29-$6.49 food items: Bacon King, Double Whopper
As soon as you sign up for BK Royal Perks through the app, you get 500 crowns — which will get you TWO of the 250-Crown items! And during your birthday month, every order earns double the points.
3. Spend 250 Crowns at a time to get the best value from your freebies.
Burger King freebies cost a set number of Crowns in six different tiers, but they’re not all created equal.
When you spend $25 at Burger King, you get 250 Crowns, and that will get you up to $1.69 in free food. That 6.8% reward is the highest of the six different freebie categories. Here’s how it breaks down:
- You spend $25 to get a menu item worth up to $1.69 (6.8% back)
- You spend $40 to get a menu item worth up to $2.19 (5.5% back)
- You spend $55 to get a menu item worth up to $2.65 (4.8% back)
- You spend $75 to get a menu item worth up to $3.39 (4.5% back)
- You spend $100 to get a menu item worth up to $5.69 (5.7% back)
- You spend $140 to get a menu item worth up to $6.49 (4.6% back)
4. The app also gives you daily deals and free upgrades.
In the Offers section of the Burger King app, you’ll find a rotating selection of deals, including $3 Double Whopper, $2 Whopper Wednesdays (that includes the Impossible Whopper), and offers like 40 chicken nuggets and two large fries for $9.99.
These switch out daily, but you can almost always find coupon codes that include the Whopper or Croissan’wich.
The app also gives you exclusive free upgrades on Burger King drinks and Burger King fries.
5. Take the receipt survey, get a free Whopper or Croissan’wich.
You’ll want to hold on to your Burger King receipt. There’s a survey code on it, which you’ll input at https://www.mybkexperience.com with some information about your visit.
You’ll be rewarded with a free Burger King Whopper, Original Chicken Sandwich, or Croissan’wich when you purchase fries and a drink.
So basically, your receipt is worth:
- $4.19 for a free Whopper
- $4.49 for a free Original Chicken Sandwich
- $2.65 for a free Croissan’wich
Get more than what you paid for by getting one of these receipts with a $1.00 Value Menu purchase.
6. Burger King sells a 10-lb bag of ice for only $1.
Bet you didn’t know Burger King will sell you a massive 10-lb bag of ice for just $0.99. Compare that to a 10-lb bag of ice at 7-Eleven, which is anywhere from $2.50 to $4, depending on your state.
7. Get $2 off a Redbox rental with nighttime delivery orders of $10+.
Through May 27, 2021, Burger King has teamed up with Redbox to give late-night burger fans a coupon code good for $2 off a Redbox movie rental when they place a Burger King delivery order of $10 or more.
You get a code with every delivery transaction made between 8 p.m. and midnight.
8. Get a discounted Burger King gift card to save even more.
Places like Raise.com sell gift cards for cheaper than the amount on them.
Although Burger King gift cards are going for 4% off, every little bit helps, and the discounts are changing all the time.
9. Buy one qualifying menu item, get the second for $1.
Burger King’s popular 2 for 5 Mix N’ Match deal has been replaced by the new Buy One Get One for $1 deal, which includes:
- Whopper, normally $4.19
- Chicken Fries, normally $3.29
- Original Chicken Sandwich, $4.49
- Big Fish, $4.29
- Impossible Whopper, normally $5.49
When you mix and match, the cheaper item costs $1.00. When you buy two of the same item, the second one costs $1.00.
10. Buy 2 Impossible Whoppers to save the most money with the BOGO $1 deal.
Here are the best combos to save the most money:
- 2 Impossible Whoppers, savings of $4.49
- Impossible Whopper and Original Chicken Sandwich, savings of $3.49
- Original Chicken Sandwich and Big Fish, savings of $3.29
- Impossible Whopper and Big Fish, savings of $3.29
- Impossible Whopper and Whopper, savings of $3.19
Note: The BOGO $1 deal appears to be in stores only; we couldn’t find it online or in the app.
11. Try the secret menu’s superstar: The Rodeo Burger
The Rodeo Burger is still a secret menu item in many locations, and it’s one of the most popular. Ask for a cheeseburger with barbecue sauce and onion rings on top; it’ll cost less than $3.00.
If this is on the menu at your local Burger King, check the Value Menu — it should be even cheaper ($1.00)!
12. Swap out the toy in the kids’ meal for free dessert
Apparently the toy in the kids’ meals is worth $1.00 — a BK crew member told us you can swap a toy for a soft-serve cone or a cookie (both $1.00 items).
13. Skip the combo meals; you can put together a bigger meal for cheaper with the Value Menu.
With prices from $1.00 to $2.29, Burger King’s Value Menu lets you put together a meal much cheaper than the standard combos.
You can get a Bacon Double Cheeseburger with fries, drink, and an ice cream cone for $4.00 — much less than the Whopper meal ($6.49), which doesn’t even have dessert.
14. You can add a side of bacon to anything — ANYTHING — for $0.60.
You can order Burger King fries with a side of bacon, or you can order all the Burger King desserts with a side of bacon for savory contrast.
You can even order Burger King milkshakes with a side of bacon. No one will question you. I ordered mine as a side with a large drink. They gave me four half-strips in a salad container.
15. Customize a cheeseburger to create a cheaper Whopper Jr.
You’re looking at around $1 in savings if — instead of ordering a Whopper Jr. — you order a cheeseburger with:
- No ketchup
- No mustard
- Add mayo
- Add lettuce, onion, tomato and pickle ($0.15 for lettuce and tomato each)
It’s just $1.49 at my BK for this hack, as opposed to $2.29 for the Whopper Jr. — that’s $0.80 (35% off)!
16. Order a value-sized drink to save up to $2.30 (with free refills).
Skip ordering standard small ($2.59) or large ($3.79) Burger King drinks, and go for the value size instead. You can refill it as much as you’d like and only pay $1.49.
Going through the drive-thru? Order your drink with no ice or light ice to get more beverage and less filler.
17. And speaking of drinks, BK is the only place to get Surge on tap.
Some of you might remember Coke’s attempt at Mountain Dew, called Surge. It was a big hit in the last ’90s, and fans were excited to see it make a comeback at Burger King.
To this day, Burger King is the only place that carries it in fountain drink form. And even better — they have the new zero-calorie version, too.
18. Ask for salt-less French fries to get the freshest batch.
Burgers sit under warmers and sometimes, so do the fries. Order salt-less French fries and crew members will make a fresh batch.
If you miss the salt, just ask for a salt packet and add it back in.
19. Almost all customizations are free — only meat, cheese, and tomatoes cost.
BK says “Be Your Way,” and they mean it; modifying your order is pretty cheap, because they only charge extra for meat (including bacon), cheese, and tomatoes.
Better yet — you’ll get a fresher sandwich (not pre-made).
20. Order your Whopper low-carb for no extra charge.
Rather than have to pull apart your Whopper to be Keto friendly, ask for your Whopper to be “low carb” and they’ll put it on a bed of lettuce in a salad container.
It’s no extra charge (but it honestly feels like it should have some kind of discount since you’re getting less food).
21. Order ‘Frings’ if you can’t pick between fries or onion rings.
When you order Frings at your local BK, you’ll be getting both sides in one container for no extra charge.
22. Work at Burger King to get discounted or free food during your shift.
According to the reviews of current and former Burger King employees, getting free or discounted food is one of the perks of the job — but how big that discount is depends on your location.
While some employees report free meals after 4 hours of work or 50% off meals during a shift, others have signaled a much smaller 15% discount. Either way, the food’s cheaper!