We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
We all love the finger-lickin’ good KFC chicken, but we don’t always love the Colonel’s prices. (KFC specials, anyone?)
Get ready to fill up on Kentucky Fried Chicken — we found out how to get the best KFC coupons, what you can do with the KFC app, and even the juicy details on the KFC secret recipe.
Here are the best KFC deals and tips you need to use on your next KFC chicken run.
KFC Mother’s Day Deal
1. Get the KFC app for the best KFC specials, coupons and free fried chicken.
Sign up for the KFC email (via the app or website) to get exclusive KFC specials and coupons that you can’t find anywhere else. Here are some of the best KFC coupons that we found:
- Free Chicken Sandwich (reg. $4.99) with orders of $12 or more
- Free order of fries (reg. $2.99) with orders of $5 or more
- $0.30 order of fries (reg. $2.99) with any purchase — a 89.9% discount
- $3 off a KFC Famous Bowl (reg. $5.99) — a 50.1% discount
Tip: KFC doesn’t have a rewards program in the US, so there are no other ways to save using the KFC app. They are testing a loyalty program in the UK, so we expect it’ll jump the pond before too long.
2. Take the KFC receipt survey to always get a discount on your KFC order.
Always make sure to ask for your receipt when you dine-in or go through the drive thru; it’s the best way to never pay full price at KFC.
Fill out the KFC receipt survey within 48 hours and you’ll get a free KFC coupon that you can use on your next visit. (We heard that some people get 15% off their next order, but I received a coupon for a free side — up to $2.99 in value.)
And when you use the receipt coupon, you’ll get another receipt for your order. Repeat. . . again, and again, and again… Another easy way to get free food at restaurants.
3. The best KFC bucket deals are the 16-piece.
KFC chicken buckets come in three different sizes: 8 piece, 12 piece, and 16 piece. You’ll always get the best deal per chicken from the 16-piece bucket — saving 14.2% when compared to the 8-piece:
- 8-Piece Bucket ($18.99): $2.37/piece of chicken
- 12-Piece Bucket ($25.19): $2.10/piece of chicken
- 16-Piece Bucket ($32.59): $2.04/piece of chicken
Tip: If you’re looking for a little more spice from KFC chicken order it as KFC Nashville Hot Chicken for no additional charge.
4. Get the best price per piece of chicken at Popeye’s when you order 10 pieces — that’s better than KFC specials.
KFC vs Popeyes? While we can’t say for sure which chicken tastes better, we do know that you’ll be paying less per piece of chicken when you order from Popeyes — but only when you order a 10-piece ($16.99), which is $1.70/piece of chicken. Here’s a list of the Popeyes prices:
- 2 pc: $7.79 ($3.90/piece)
- 3 pc: $8.99 ($3.00/piece)
- 4 pc: $10.19 ($2.55/piece)
- 10 pc: $16.99 ($1.70/piece)
- 12 pc: $30.99 ($2.58/piece)
- 16 pc: $39.99 ($2.50/piece)
If you’re looking to save at Popeyes, we know every way you can save on their chicken.
5. The best KFC specials for discounted sides are the Side Lovers Discounts — up to 25% off.
Each KFC side, like the KFC fries or KFC mashed potatoes, will cost you $2.99 for an individual size and $4.99 for a large size. The Side Lovers KFC bucket meals are an easy way to get a discount on your KFC sides:
- Side Lovers 8 Pc Bucket Meal ($26.99): $36.22 when ordered separately — 25.5% savings
- Side Lovers 8 Pc Tender Meal ($26.99): $29.92 when ordered separately — 9.8% savings
6. Order your chicken sandwich from Popeyes (not KFC) for the lowest price.
Popeyes beats just about all the KFC specials when it comes to the price of their chicken. They have the cheapest chicken sandwich when compared to the KFC chicken sandwich and Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich. Each comes with buns and pickles to accompany the chicken filet.
- Popeyes: $4.49
- Chick-fil-A: $4.69
- KFC: $4.99
- Zaxby’s: $5.69
Make sure to check out all the ways you can save at Chick-fil-A and earn free chicken sandwiches.
7. Want to make the KFC secret recipe chicken at home? Here’s the recipe.
A relative of Colonel Sanders revealed the “secret” 11 herbs and spices that are used in the KFC secret recipe.
Since that interview, KFC denied that this is the recipe, but it’s probably the closest we will get to figuring out what goes into the KFC chicken:
- ⅔ Tbsp Salt
- ½ Tbsp Thyme
- ½ Tbsp Basil
- ⅓ Tbsp Original
- 1 Tbsp Celery Salt
- 1 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Dried Mustard
- 4 Tbsp Paprika
- 2 Tbsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Tbsp Ground Ginger
- 3 tbsp White Pepper
- Mix with 2 cups of white flour
8. The KFC secret menu includes retired menu items and more sandwiches.
While the KFC secret menu isn’t expansive, it will get you the retired KFC Double Down and more:
KFC Double Down — $12.18
- Two chicken filets: $4.99 per filet
- Bacon (not all locations have this): $1.20
- Slice of Cheese (not all locations have this): $1.00
Poutine — $4.28
- Add Fries ($2.99) and Gravy ($1.29) on one tray.
- Ask for shredded cheese on top
Honey Chicken Biscuit — $5.37
- Put a 2 Piece Chicken Tender ($4.38) in between a Biscuit ($0.99).
- Drizzle a honey packet in the sandwich
9. Ordering at a combination KFC/Taco Bell can get you even more unique secret menu items.
KFC & Taco Bell are owned by the same company, Yum! Brands, so you’ll often see combination KFC/Taco Bells around.
The most popular KFC secret menu item you can create at a KFC/Taco Bell is adding sour cream ($0.70) to any of your potato dishes ordered at KFC.
Or you can ask for a side of nacho cheese sauce ($0.85) to anything on the KFC menu to create a cheesy version of your meal.
10. Use the KFC app to skip lines and pick up your food as soon as possible.
The best feature of the KFC app is the ability to cut lines and get your food as soon as possible using the “quick pick-up” feature on the app.
All you need to do is specify what time you’re going to pick up your food, and it’ll be ready for you at curbside, drive-thru, or by pick up by the time you arrive.
Tip: Prices on the KFC online menu and in-person menu are the same, so you’ll be paying the same price online as you are in restaurant.
11. KFC delivery from Uber Eats has the cheapest delivery fee.
We checked KFC delivery from third-party services around the country and found that Uber Eats has the cheapest delivery fees:
But before you order, check out our Uber Eats tips, Grubhub tips, and DoorDash tips.
Tip: KFC sometimes offers free delivery through the KFC app, but it’s very rare. The last time they ran this promotion was in April 2020.
12. Get exclusive KFC specials by working for them; KFC jobs will get you 20% off all purchases.
Working at KFC will get you 20% off all of your KFC purchases anytime. We’ve also seen some KFC locations offer a free meal on your break, but that depends on your manager at that location.
Tip: There is no senior, student, teacher, or military discount at KFC, but we know every senior discount, student discount, teacher discount, and military discount you can get with your ID.
13. KFC Breakfast isn’t available in the US.
Most KFCs open from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., and they aren’t open for breakfast. However, a few countries outside of the US, including UK and Singapore branches have a KFC breakfast menu. It includes a chicken & waffle platter for $6.30 and a breakfast sandwich for $4.40.
14. KFC Beyond Meat Fried Chicken and Grilled Chicken aren’t available anymore.
The last time KFC sold KFC Beyond Meat Fried Chicken was in February 2022. Unfortunately, this wasn’t a permanent menu item and was quietly taken off the menu in April 2022 with no plans on bringing it back.
The same goes for KFC Grilled Chicken in 2018. If you’re looking for a grilled chicken bucket, you’ll have to look elsewhere as there is no plan on bringing this menu item back.
Tip: If you’re looking for KFC gizzards (reg. $8.96), they took them off the menu in 2016, but select KFCs still have them. You’ll have to ask your local KFC if you can still order them.
15. Make KFC coleslaw at home to bring to your next BBQ.
One of KFC’s best sides is the KFC coleslaw, but did you know you can make it at home with this recipe instead of buying it for $2.99 each? Here’s the KFC coleslaw recipe:
- 8 cups cabbage finely chopped about 1 head
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot about 1 carrot
- 2 tbs minced onion
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbs white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Mix together the buttermilk, milk, mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, and vinegar in a large bowl.
- Add onions, carrots, and cabbage with salt and pepper.
- Toss thoroughly to coat the vegetables in dressing.
16. Most KFC sauce will cost you $0.50 each.
Sauces at KFC cost $0.50 each. That includes KFC sauce, honey BBQ, honey mustard sauce, and classic ranch.
The only sauces that won’t cost you are ketchup, honey sauce, and hot sauce.
17. KFC chicken skin is one of many exclusive KFC menu items available outside the US.
Each country has their own exclusive KFC specials that you can’t find anywhere else. Here are some of the more interesting menu items that you can get outside the US.
- KFC Chicken Skin (Singapore): Chicken skin that is battered and fried. Costs $2.75.
- Currycano Zinger (Singapore): Chicken filet with cheese and a hashbrown cup filled with KFC curry sauce. Costs $7.94.
- Kentucky Scorcher Sandwich (Canada): KFC chicken sandwich that hits a Scoville level of 13,500 (more than double Tabasco) Comes with a side of milk. Costs $6.99.
- Popcorn Chicken Slab (New Zeland): Six bread rolls that are filled with popcorn chicken, BBQ sauce, and cheese. Costs $10.87.
- Filet & Culet Chicken Sandwich (Japan): Chicken filet & chicken cutlet sandwiched between two buns with arabiki mustard. Costs $6.88.