The only thing better than a Krispy Kreme doughnut is a free Krispy Kreme doughnut.
This is one of my FAVORITE places to get a treat, because they’re always giving doughnuts away.
There are many ways to get Krispy Kreme coupons and seriously good deals on doughnuts, and we’ve got them listed here.
1. Download the Krispy Kreme app and get your first free doughnut.
When you download the Krispy Kreme app and become a Krispy Kreme Rewards member, you’ll get a free Original Glazed doughnut. Once you sign up, you’ll be able to find the coupon in the Offers section of the app.
2. Order 12 donuts through the Krispy Kreme app and get a 13th free — forever and ever.
Think of this like a digital punch card. Buy 12 of the same thing via the Krispy Kreme app — coffee, specialty coffee, single doughnuts, or dozens — and you’ll get one of those items free, added to your rewards.
If you forget to purchase through the app, all you have to do is tell the cashier your email or phone number at the register before you pay. And if you also forget to do THAT, you can also take a picture of your receipt and upload the photo to the app to get the credit.
The Krispy Kreme coupon for that freebie can be redeemed at any time within the 90-day expiration period — even on the same day.
3. Get a free doughnut on your birthday just by being a Krispy Kreme Rewards member.
Be sure to add your birthday to the Krispy Kreme app so that you can claim your free Krispy Kreme birthday donut on the offers page. This coupon will last for your entire birthday month, so be sure to claim it before the month is over.
4. On major holidays, you’ll usually get free doughnuts and Krispy Kreme coupons.
Krispy Kreme celebrates major holidays by giving away free doughnuts. Here’s a list of the best deals they’ve done in the past year.
- Christmas: $1 for a dozen (reg. $10.99) on the week leading up to Christmas
- Super Bowl Sunday: $13 for two dozen doughnuts (reg. $21.98)
- Graduation season: In 2021, graduates who wore their cap and gown into a Krispy Kreme got a free dozen
- National Doughnut Day (First Friday of June): Everyone got a free doughnut (reg. $1.39)
- Fourth of July: BOGO deal on dozens
5. Show your vaccination card to get a free doughnut.
If you received your Covid-19 vaccine, all you have to do is show your vaccination card at any Krispy Kreme location, and you’ll get a free doughnut through the end of 2021 — no purchase necessary.
This is arguably one of the best vaccine freebies out there — but there are more!
6. Follow Krispy Kreme on social to know when they are giving $1 dozens.
Krispy Kreme often has promotions for free doughnuts or $1 dozens.
7. Get the freshest doughnuts when the Krispy Kreme Hot Light is on.
The absolute best time to get an Original Glazed doughnut is when they’ve turned the Krispy Kreme Hot Light on. That’s when they have just come off the cooling rack and are at the perfect temperature to eat.
Plus, some locations will even give you a free doughnut if they have the Hot Light on.
8. Buy Krispy Kreme Bites at Walmart to save 20% on doughnut holes.
Walmart sells a few Krispy Kreme products, but the only one that is worth getting is the Krispy Kreme Bites — which are basically Krispy Kreme doughnut holes.
The Bites cost $3.97 for 20 ($0.20 each) and the doughnut holes are $5.99 for 24 ($0.25 each).
9. Krispy Kreme doughnuts really are cheaper by the dozen.
A single Original Glazed doughnut at Krispy Kreme costs $1.39, but if you get a dozen Original Glazed Krispy Kreme doughnuts for $10.99, you’ll only pay $0.92 for each doughnut. That’s a savings of $5.69 (34%!) for 12 doughnuts.
Tip: Leftover doughnuts last 2-3 days, and up to 6 months if you freeze them. To refresh or reheat the doughnuts, a couple minutes in an air fryer will give you the best results, but a microwave will work too.
10. Students get a free doughnut for every “A” on their report card.
Students, just show your report card to the cashier and earn your reward. (Before you go, make sure your local Krispy Kreme participates by giving them a call.)
There are so many ways that good grades turn into student freebies.
11. Get a free dozen donuts every week when you’re a Krispy Kreme employee.
If you become a Krispy Kreme employee (or as they like to call them, Krispy Kremers), you’ll be eligible for many employee benefits such as dental, vision, health, 401(k), life insurance, PTO, and tuition assistance.
Plus, you’ll get a 50% discount on all food and beverage as well as a free dozen doughnuts per week. Let that sink in.
If you’re looking for more companies that pay for your college, we’ve got you covered.
12. Don’t have a Krispy Kreme nearby? Walmart carries their doughnuts for the same price.
Have you seen the Krispy Kreme displays near the line of registers at Walmart? We found a dozen Original Glazed donuts for $10.98 — a penny cheaper than a dozen at my local Krispy Kreme.
You’re not going to be able to use most of these Krispy Kreme savings strategies on your doughnut purchase at Walmart, but we can help you save money at Walmart.
13. Place your first order on DoorDash to get Krispy Kreme delivered free.
Krispy Kreme delivers via DoorDash, Uber Eats, and the Krispy Kreme app. Only DoorDash will give you free delivery on your first order from Krispy Kreme, but you won’t be able to get points toward the reward system — yet.
14. Buy Krispy Kreme gift cards from Raise.com to save 19%.
When you buy Krispy Kreme gift cards from Raise.com, you’ll pay up to 19% less than the value on the card. I got a couple of $10 gift cards, but I only paid $8.04 each for them. Every little bit helps!
Tip: While you can’t add gift cards to the app, you can still get points toward freebies if you tell the cashier your phone number or email when you purchase your doughnuts.
15. Get free Krispy Kreme gift cards from Swagbucks.
Swagbucks is an amazing program that gives you free gift cards just for answering surveys and watching videos — even Krispy Kreme gift cards.
Learn all about how to start getting freebies with Swagbucks.
16. Krispy Kreme’s donuts are more expensive than Dunkin’.
Who’s cheaper, Krispy Kreme or Dunkin’ Donuts? It all depends on what you want to buy.
Single doughnuts are between $1.39 and $1.59 at Krispy Kreme — up to 38% more expensive than Dunkin’s $1.15 doughnuts.
Krispy Kreme and Dunkin’ sell their doughnut holes for $0.25 and $0.26, respectively, and their drip coffee prices are identical.
The only item that’s definitely cheaper at Krispy Kreme is specialty coffee. A large latte costs $3.59, more than 8% cheaper than at Dunkin’. But we have lots of ways to save at Dunkin’ Donuts.
Here’s a list of other popular items at both locations:
- Glazed Doughnut: $1.39 at Krispy Kreme, $1.15 at Dunkin’
- Chocolate Glazed Doughnut: $1.59 at Krispy Kreme, $1.15 at Dunkin’
- Dozen Doughnuts: $10.99 (glazed) at Krispy Kreme, $11.49 (assorted) at Dunkin’
- Doughnut Holes: $5.99 for 24 at Krispy Kreme, $6.49 for 25 at Dunkin’
- Large Drip Coffee: $2.39 at Krispy Kreme and Dunkin’
- Large Latte: $3.59 at Krispy Kreme, $3.89 at Dunkin’