If you say you don’t like donuts, fine. But if you say you don’t like Dunkin’ Donuts, I don’t know if we can be friends.
From free birthday donuts to the best place to buy K-Cups, we’ve got you covered so you can feed your Dunks addiction.
You’re gonna go there anyway, so you might as well get a free donut every time, right? Here’s how:
1. Get a coupon for a free drink on your birthday and when you sign up with DD Perks.
When you sign up for DD Perks, you’ll enter your birthday so Dunkin’ Donuts can email you a coupon for a free birthday drink.
You’ll also get 5 points for every $1 you spend, and when you reach 200 points, you can get a coupon for a free drink. Basically, get a free drink for every $40 you spend. So if you buy the most expensive drink on the menu (a large frozen coffee) and spend $4.99, you’re getting about 12% savings.
2. Use discounted gift cards from Gift Card Granny to save 10%.
As with Starbucks Rewards, you only earn DD Perks points when you pay at Dunkin’ Donuts using the app. So you have to load DD gift cards to the app.
I suggest you still do this to get the free drink coupons. But if you don’t like the idea of getting paid in the form of coffee and would prefer to save money up front, just load the minimum necessary to your account in order to sign up ($2) and then buy discounted gift cards through Gift Card Granny and save 10% on every purchase.
3. Take the survey on your receipt and get a free donut.
Take the survey and you’ll get a free donut with a drink purchase when you write the validation code on the receipt and turn it in at the store where you got the original receipt.
You could do this every day if you want to. There’s no limit to how many times you can do it. The only catch is that you have to buy a medium drink, so you can’t walk in and try to use your receipt to get a donut outright.
4. Watch out for expiration dates on coupons and free drinks!
Everything has an expiration date. Here are a few common ones to be aware of so you make sure to use your coupons and offers before they expire.
- Survey on your receipt: Expires after three days.
- Validation code you receive after you take the survey: Expires after 180 days.
- Free Birthday drink code: Expires after 30 days.
- Any other free drink codes: Expire after 90 days.
- Points: Expire after a year.
5. Buy mugs, whole-bean coffee and other DD swag online through RetailMeNot and earn 20% cash back.
Definitely don’t buy any type of non-food products in the store, because you can get $5 back on every $25 you spend when you shop through RetailMeNot.
6. Bring in your own 24 oz. (or smaller cup) and ask for a coffee refill for $0.99.
They can’t do a latte or any type of fancy coffee, but if you just want a cup of coffee, cold brew or tea, this works. It can be any cup — doesn’t have to be a DD cup.
7. Get a free classic donut with any beverage purchase on June 1.
It’s National Donut Day and for the past few years, Dunkin’ Donuts has celebrated with an offer for a free classic donut when you buy any beverage.
8. Get a free hot tea with any purchase during the month of January.
January is National Hot Tea month, and Dunkin’ has been known to give out a cup of hot tea with any purchase.
9. CVS is the best place to buy Dunkin’ Donuts K-Cups.
About once a month you can find a sale on DD K-Cups, and when you use printable manufacturer’s Dunkin’ Donuts coupons with a sale price, you can get K-Cups for under $0.50 each.
10. Forget trying to get a free donut with your large coffee and AARP card.
This famous Dunkin’ Donuts + AARP perk is now dead. As of about February of 2018, the partnership is over, and AARP members are left holding the large coffee with no donut.
Some members have had success requesting a 10% senior discount instead of the free donut, but your mileage may vary.