We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
If you’re lucky enough to live in the parts of the country with a Waffle House, you know how much of a landmark these diners are. But what you probably don’t know is that saving at Waffle House is totally possible. And that’s at a place not known for accepting coupons or for having specials.
We’ll show you how to get the best Waffle House coupons, what days Waffle House is open, and everything you need to know about the Waffle House secret menu.
And if you’re hungry for more restaurant savings, download the KCL app. We’ll be sure to update you on all the restaurant savings we can find.
1. Get Waffle House coupons every month when you join the Waffle House Regulars Club.
The Waffle House Regulars Club is a free program that will send you the best Waffle House coupons straight to your email — about once a month.
Just for signing up, you’ll get a free order of hash browns (reg. $3.50). We’ve also seen coupons for a free waffle (reg. $4.50) and a free side of bacon (reg. $3.50). Plus, for your birthday month, you’ll get another free waffle coupon sent to your inbox. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to stack coupons.
2. The Waffle House All-Star Special is the best deal (and most popular) item on the menu.
The Waffle House All-Star Special is a mash-up of popular menu items. It includes the Breakfast Meal (reg. $5.25), which includes two eggs with toast; your choice of grits, hash browns, or sliced tomatoes; a waffle (reg. $4.50); and your choice of bacon, sausage, or ham (reg. $3.50). If you order those separately, you’ll be paying $13.25, but with the special, you’ll pay $10.00 instead — 32% savings.
With so much food, the All-Star Special is easily split between two people, making your Waffle House bill just $5.00 per person.
3. You’ll never pay more than $10 for anything on the Waffle House breakfast menu.
The most expensive thing on the Waffle House menu is the $10.00 All-Star Special, which comes with a two-egg breakfast, waffle, and sausage.
The cheapest things on the menu are the $3.50 biscuit sandwiches and the side meats — 3 pieces of bacon, 2 sausage patties, or 1 piece of city ham for $3.50.
A side order of hash browns also costs $3.50. Speaking of hash browns. . .
4. Double your hash browns for just $0.50.
If you and a buddy are ordering from the a la carte menu, don’t place two separate orders of hash browns for $3.50 apiece. Instead, you can double your order of hash browns for just $0.50 extra and save 43%.
5. Restaurant.com offers a bunch of Waffle House coupons, including BOGOs.
Before you head out to Waffle House, check Restaurant.com and see if they have any Waffle House coupons for sale. At my local Waffle House, you could get BOGO All-Star Specials for only $2 more than a regular All-Star Special. That’s a 36.6% discount.
TIP: You can’t get a discounted Waffle House gift card through Raise.com or by using the Target RedCard.
6. You can get a 10 oz T-bone steak & eggs at Waffle House for just $11.00.
Waffle House brags on their website that they sell the most T-bone steaks in the world, and diners swear by this menu item. The T-bone meal comes with the steak, eggs, and a biscuit for around $11.00.
By comparison, IHOP has a T-bone steak and eggs meal for $16.99.
7. The best price-per-calorie item is Waffle House’s Sausage, Egg & Cheese Biscuit.
The Sausage, Egg & Cheese Biscuit costs $3.50, but it weighs in at 650 calories, giving it the lower price-per-calorie ratio on the menu. (In case you were wondering, you get 2 calories for every penny spent on that biscuit.)
8. Waffle House waffles are half the price of IHOP or Denny’s waffles (but twice the price of their pancakes).
When Waffle House first started in 1955, they picked the name to encourage people to buy the most profitable thing on their menu — waffles.
If you’re dead-set on having waffles for breakfast, Waffle House has the cheapest waffles at $4.50. (Denny’s charges $5.99 per waffle, and IHOP charges $6.79. But we have ways to save at IHOP and get good Denny’s deals.)
If you’re not picky about pancakes vs. waffles, keep this in mind: Two pancakes at Denny’s costs $2, and a stack of five pancakes at IHOP costs $8.79.
9. Sadly, there’s not a 5 Dollar Waffle House Menu anymore.
People are still searching for the 5 Dollar Waffle House Menu online, but sadly Waffle House retired it in 2018. It used to include at least a dozen different meals that included a main dish, side, and a drink for $5.00.
And then, during the Covid-19 pandemic, Waffle House got rid of their Value Menu, which had a bunch of items priced at $1.00 to $3.00 each.
10. Assemble the TikTok-famous Waffle Sandwich and other Waffle House secret menu foods.
The Waffle House secret menu doesn’t really exist, but you can combine different Waffle House menu items for something new. Here are just a few of our favorite items from the Waffle House secret menu:
- Waffle Taco: Order the All-Star Special ($7.50) and place everything on top of the waffle. Fold the waffle in half to create the Waffle Taco.
- Waffle Sandwich: Order the All-Star Special ($7.50) and another waffle ($3.05). Place everything in between the two waffles.
- Sausage, Egg, & Cheese on Raisin Toast: Order the Sausage, Egg, & Cheese Sandwich ($3.85) and ask for the bread to be raisin bread instead of regular toast.
Of course, we know all the secret menu items that every foodie needs to know.
11. Everything on the Waffle House kids menu and senior menu is around $5.00.
The Waffle House kids menu and senior menu are only available to people under 10 years old or over 55 years old, and includes a limited menu where everything’s the same price (at my location it was $4.75, but I’ve seen the menu as high as $5.25):
- Grilled Cheese with Hash Browns (reg.$8.50) — a 44.1% discount.
- Waffle with Bacon or Sausage (reg. $7.25) — a 34.5% discount.
- Egg Breakfast (reg. $6.75) — a 29.6% discount.
Looking for more senior discounts? We have a big list of places that’ll give you great deals when you show your ID.
12. No need to look up Waffle House hours — they are open 24/7.
You’ll never have to look up Waffle House hours because they are open all day, every day. Even on holidays.
The restaurant is so known for staying open that FEMA measures a crisis by the Waffle House Index: green means that the restaurant is at regular operations, yellow indicates the no electricity or gas menu, and red means that the restaurant is closed.
Also: The entire Waffle House menu is available at any given moment; get waffles at 5:30 p.m. or a T-bone steak at 5:30 a.m.
13. Waffle House delivery is rare, but Uber Eats is your best bet.
Waffle House delivery is hard to find because it’s not available at most locations. When we searched for Waffle House delivery in third-party apps, we were only able to find Uber Eats (delivery fee: $5.99) and Postmates, which Uber also owns (delivery fee: $0.32).
Of course, we have Uber Eats savings tips that you’ll need to know before using them.
14. Get the Waffle House waffle mix for cheap waffles at home.
You can get the Waffle House waffle mix at home for only $8.00 at the Waffle House online store. Each container makes 6 waffles, which means you’ll be paying $1.33/waffle. Yeah, that’s 43.6% cheaper than buying it at the restaurant.
Waffle House has their own record label, with original Waffle-inspired songs.
15. Become a Waffle House employee to get 15% off everything at Waffle House.
Waffle House employee discounts differ depending on your Waffle House, but generally, Waffle House will give employees a 15% discount on all food and merchandise from Waffle House. Some Waffle Houses give 1 free meal per shift or discounts as low as 10%.
One of the many employee discounts that’ll make working a little sweeter.
TIP: If you’re a college student, teacher, or military personnel, you’ll get a 10% discount when you show your ID. Plus, we have many more student discounts, teacher discounts, and military discounts you should know.
16. Make a reservation at Waffle House for Valentine’s Day for heart-shaped waffles.
Waffle House goes all out on Valentine’s Day by decorating their restaurants in honor of the holiday and offering heart-shaped waffles ($3.05 for one; $4.05 for two) for their customers.
You will have to make a reservation in order to get your heart-shaped waffles, but if you miss out, no worries — we have plenty of other heart-shaped foods you can get to celebrate the holiday.
17. Visit the Waffle House Museum in December to get a free waffle.
The Waffle House Museum is located in Decatur, Georgia. It holds lots of Waffle House memorabilia that’ll keep any Waffle House enthusiast interested, but more importantly, if you make a reservation for a visit in December, you’ll get a free waffle you can decorate.
There is no admission price to visit, but tours are limited and they won’t have them every day.