With pancakes cheaper than IHOP pancakes, Denny’s menu prices offer stellar deals even without Denny’s coupons or a discounted Denny’s gift card.
We’ve done all the research to find out what the cheapest Slam is, all the info on Denny’s kids eat free deal, and even more ways to save on Denny’s pancakes.
Here are the best ways to get your Denny’s pancake fix.
1. Get 20% off your first order when you join Denny’s Rewards.
When you sign up for Denny’s Rewards — which is really just joining their email list and/or text updates — they’ll give you an automatic 20% off Denny’s coupon sent to your email inbox within 48 hours.
Sadly, there are no exclusive coupons for Denny’s Rewards members. Instead, you’ll be notified about deals like “$5.99 Super Slam, plus free Denny’s delivery.”
But if you’re looking for programs with points and freebies, we know all the best restaurant rewards programs that’ll get you there.
2. Denny’s free birthday meal is a Build-Your-Own Grand Slam.
A free birthday meal is another perk of Denny’s Rewards. On your birthday, bring your ID with you, because sometimes Denny’s will honor the freebie without checking whether you’re a rewards member or not. You just need to prove it’s your birthday.
There are so many more places where you can get birthday freebies and deals.
3. The Lumberjack Slam really is the best value of all the Slams.
Out of all the Denny’s specials, the Slam breakfast combo meals are the best deal and will cost you less than it would be to buy each item separately — that’s a no-brainer.
But savings and value vary depending on the Slam. Here are each of the meals from most to least amount of savings:
Lumberjack Slam: $12.79
2 pancakes, 2 eggs, 4 pieces of bacon, sausage, or ham, and toast
Cost of items separately: $21.14
French Toast Slam: $12.19
2 French toast, 2 eggs, and 4 pieces of bacon or sausage
Cost of items separately: $17.35
All-American Slam: $13.19
3 eggs, 2 bacon strips, 2 sausage, hash browns, and toast.
Cost of items separately: $16.90
Triple Down Slam: $6.79
2 pancakes, French toast or biscuit & gravy, 1 egg, and 2 pieces of bacon or sausage
Cost of items separately: $8.68
4. Or split a Slam for no extra cost to pay as little as $3.39 per person.
Order a smaller slam like the Triple Down Slam (2 pancakes and 2 pieces of bacon plus French toast or biscuit & gravy) and feed two people for $3.39 each!
If you need more food than that, order a larger Slam meal. Even the Lumberjack Slam, which is the most expensive Slam, is only $6.39 per person.
5. The Lumberjack Family Pack is the best deal out of the Denny’s Family Packs.
If you’re ordering Denny’s pickup, the Denny’s Family Packs are your best bet. Savings vary depending on which one you choose, but the Lumberjack Family Pack offers the biggest discount at 47%:
Lumberjack Family Pack: $34.99
8 pancakes, 8 eggs, 8 pieces of bacon, 8 sausage, 4 grilled ham slices, hash browns, and white toast.
Cost of items separately: $66.02
Cheeseburger Family Pack: $29.99
Cost of items separately: $44.76
Breakfast and Cheeseburger Family Pack: $28.99
4 buttermilk pancakes, 4 eggs, 2 bacon pieces of bacon, 2 sausage links, hash browns, and 2 burgers
Cost of items separately: $38.73
Grand Slam Pack: $27.99
8 pancakes, 8 eggs, 4 bacon pieces of bacon, 4 sausage links, and hash browns.
Cost of items separately: $38.19
If you’re curious about family meal deals, we did all the calculations to determine if they are actually worth it.
6. The best value on Denny’s senior menu is the Grilled Cheese Sandwich & Soup.
If you’re 55 or older, you’ll be able to order off Denny’s senior menu. It’s small, but prices are generally around 25% less than what you would pay on the regular menu. The best value on Denny’s senior menu is the Grilled Cheese Sandwich & Soup:
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich & Soup (reg. $11.69): $7.29 – 37.6% discount
- Omelette (reg. $13.29): $8.49 – 36.1% discount
- Country-Fried Steak ($14.29): $9.59 – 32.8% discount
- Wild Alaska Salmon (reg. $14.19): $10.29 – 27.4% discount
- Scrambled Eggs & Cheddar Breakfast (reg. $11.29): $8.49 – 24.8% discount
One of the many senior discounts that’ll make growing older a bit easier.
7. Having an AARP membership will get you 15% off at Denny’s.
If you don’t want to order off Denny’s senior menu, bring your AARP card for 15% off at most Denny’s locations. You don’t need to be 55+ years old to get this discount since you can get an AARP membership regardless of age.
8. Denny’s kids eat free meals are available on select days from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
On a “Kids Eat Free” day at Denny’s, you only have to spend $6.00 on your entree (plus drink) to get a free meal for one of your kids. Basically, you can get one free meal per one paying adult up to two kids.
Most of these promos happen on Tuesdays, but every Denny’s handles it differently — so check with your local Denny’s.
Of course, the Denny’s kids eat free deal isn’t the only way to get a kids eat free meal.
9. Get free refills on everything but smoothies and milkshakes.
Lemonade, coffee, tea, you name it. It’s all got a free refill attached unless it’s a smoothie or a milkshake.
10. Get Denny’s pancakes instead of IHOP pancakes to save 76%.
Two pancakes at Denny’s only cost $2, which makes them just $1 per pancake. At IHOP, a stack of five pancakes will set you back $8.79, making each pancake cost $1.76. That means you’ll save $0.76 per pancake by going to Denny’s instead of IHOP. And you don’t even have to buy as many pancakes to save money.
But if you wanted to save more at IHOP, there are several IHOP hacks that’ll get you free pancakes.
11. Ask your server for real eggs in your omelet.
Your server might refer to them as “shell eggs” or eggs “cracked on the grill.” But instead of powdered or liquid eggs in your omelet, you’ll get actual eggs freshly cracked for no extra charge.
12. Denny’s gluten-free options are marked on the menu — just make sure to order the gluten-free English Muffin.
If you’re avoiding gluten, Denny’s gluten-free options are clearly marked on the menu with the letters “GF” — no additional charge.
Pro-tip, the gluten-free English Muffin is the only gluten-free option when it comes to your grains.
13. On a diet? Ask for steamed broccoli on the side instead of fries.
You won’t pay extra and you’ll only consume 15 calories eating this side dish — compared to 400 calories for a side of fries.
14. Ask for a French toast grilled cheese sandwich — no extra charge.
A Denny’s secret menu French toast grilled cheese sandwich will cost you the same as French toast at Denny’s ($3.99). This is the perfect solution for a situation where you can’t decide between salty and sweet. You just need to order the French toast and ask to have a slice of cheese in between the bread.
This was the only valid Denny’s secret menu we could find, but there are plenty of other secret menu hacks that food enthusiasts have to try.
15. Buy a discounted Denny’s gift card from Target to always get a 5% discount.
One of the best benefits of having a Target RedCard is the ability to get 5% off all your purchases at Target, including gift cards. That means you can get a 5% discount when you purchase Denny’s gift cards using your Target RedCard.
This is just one of the many benefits to having a Target RedCard.
TIP: Check out Restaurant.com and see if there is a Denny’s deal in your area. In my area, I’ve seen an $8 coupon after you purchase a Slam.
16. Get Denny’s delivery from Uber Eats when you can.
Denny’s delivery isn’t available everywhere. For example, all my local Denny’s won’t deliver through third-party apps or otherwise. But, if your local Denny’s delivers, Uber Eats is your best option. Here are the delivery fees that we’ve seen in other locations:
- DoorDash $7.99
- Grubhub $5.49
- UberEats $2.49
17. Use the Denny’s app to skip the line and pick up your order.
The Denny’s app won’t get you any Denny’s coupons or freebies, but you can place your order ahead for pickup and have access to the Denny’s coupons and deals you can find on the Denny’s Rewards account.
18. Employees get half-off meals during their shifts; managers get free shift meals.
There are tons of employee perks for full-timers at Dennys, such as dental, health, vision, life insurance, and 401(k) options.
Plus, regular employees get 50% off one meal during their shift. Managers get one free meal every shift.
19. Get married in Denny’s chapel in Las Vegas for only $199 (pancake wedding cake included).
It’s true. You can get married in the iconic Denny’s chapel in Las Vegas, and it’s a steal. For $199 here’s what you’ll receive:
- Use of the Chapel and an officiant
- Use of the Photo Booth
- Silk Presentation Bouquet & Boutonniere
- Wedding Pancake Puppies Cake (pancake balls stacked up to resemble a wedding cake)
- Champagne Toast
- Two Wedding T-Shirts
- Two Original Grand Slams