Two kinds of people exist in this world: 1. Those who admit to eating Taco Bell; and 2. Those who don’t. If you want to find the best deals at Taco Bell, from menu hacks to where to find Taco Bell coupons, read on!
(Be sure to download the KCL app and we’ll notify you about fast food deals, freebies, all the things we hear!)
1. Get the Taco Bell app for free tacos and discounts.
The Taco Bell app is the best way to get free food items. You get a free item when you sign up for the rewards program, which you can redeem any time within 14 days of sign-up. We got a free Doritos Locos Taco, a $2.89 value.
2. Get a reward for every 250 points you earn on the app.
Rewards come in two tiers: Hot and Fire. In the Hot tier, you earn 10 points per $1 spent. In the Fire tier, you earn 11 points.
Hot (Unlocked on sign-up) lets you get one of these items free when you hit 250 points:
- Bean Burrito: $1.29
- Chips & Nacho Cheese: $1.79, best value!
- Cinnamon Twists: $1.00
- Crunchy Taco: $1.19
- Medium Fountain Drink: $1.59
Once you’ve earned 2,000 points total, you hit the Fire Tier, which adds these items to your 250-point freebies:
- Chalupa Taco Bell Supreme: $3.69
- Doritos Locos Tacos: $2.89
- Nachos BellGrande: $4.59, best value!
- Regular Mountain Dew: $2.39
Tip: From time to time, Taco Bell will give you additional points for placing specific orders. Check your Rewards dashboard to see their current challenges, place the order, and get the extra points.
3. Save up to 50% on your favorite Taco Bell foods with some creative ordering.
Did you know you can make a Quesarito by modifying a Beefy Fritos Burrito? Yeah, and it’s $0.60 less. Save up to 50% on your favorite menu items by adding the right toppings to cheaper foods. Check it out:
If you want a Meximelt (regular price, $2.49)
Instead, order a Beefy Mini Quesadilla and add:
- Chipotle Sauce
- Pico de Gallo
Final price: $1.25, 50% savings
If you want a Quesarito (regular price, $2.49)
Instead, order a Beefy Fritos Burrito (ask to remove the Fritos) and add:
- Chipotle Sauce
- Cheese Sauce
- Sour Cream
Final price: $1.90, 24% savings
If you want Nachos BellGrande (regular price, $3.19)
Instead, order the Triple Layer Nachos and add:
- 1 Crunchy Taco Supreme, then empty the contents onto your Triple Layer Nachos!
Final price: $2.59, 19% savings
TIP: For complicated customized orders, I recommend downloading the Taco Bell app and using it to make your order. Chances are better that it’ll turn out exactly how you want!
4. Save about 50% by getting a Taco Bell $5 Box.
Taco Bell lets you pick four items from their My Cravings Menu to build a meal for just $5 — via app, in store, drive-thru, whatever. You get to pick one item from each of the four categories:
- Classic: Bean Burrito, $1.29; Beefy 5-Layer Burrito, $2.79; Crunchy Taco, $1.19; Spicy Potato Soft Taco, $1.00
- Specialty: Black Bean Chalupa, $3.29; Black Bean Crunchwrap Supreme, $3.79; Chalupa Supreme, $3.39; Cheesy Gordita Crunch, $2.69; Crunchwrap Supreme, $3.79
- Sides: Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes, $1.29; Cinnamon Twists: $1.00; Chips and Nacho Cheese: $1.00
- Drinks: Anything except juice and Freeze drinks, $1.49 (16 oz) and $1.99 (40 oz)
This Taco Bell 5 dollar box order gets you the best value:
- Beefy 5-Layer Burrito: $2.79
- Crunchwrap Supreme: $3.79
- Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes: $1.29
- 40 oz Soft Drink: $1.99
A $9.86 value for only $5! That saves you $4.86 (48.6%)!
5. Enchiritos may be gone, but you can still secretly order them.
This hybrid between a burrito and an enchilada has been a favorite since the 1970s and Taco Bell broke a lot of hearts when they removed it from the menu.
But Enchiritos are still in the Taco Bell system, and your local taco slingers can (and definitely will) still make them for you!
Just order a burrito with beef, beans, and cheese. Ask for red sauce and a side of nacho cheese.
6. Save up to 56% on medium drinks during Taco Bell Happy Hour.
If you’re dying for that Mountain Dew Baja Blast, hang on until at least 2 p.m.
Taco Bell Happier Hour (which runs daily from 2-5 p.m.) offers up $1.00 medium drinks including Freezes, lemonade, Gatorade Fruit Punch, Baja Blasts, Pepsi fountain drinks, Sparkling Freezes, or iced tea, saving you $0.89-$1.29 per drink.
7. If you only have $1, hit up the Taco Bell dollar menu.
The menu items change every few weeks, but you can always check the official list to be sure:
- Beef Burrito
- Beefy Potato-Rito
- Cheesy Bean and Rice Burrito
- Cheesy Roll-Up
- Chicken Chipotle Melt
- Chips and Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Cinnamon Twists
- Spicy Potato Soft Taco
8. Get one free taco when you order the 12-taco Party Box instead of 12 individual tacos.
Ordering the 12-Taco Party Box at $13.99 is 10% less spendy than ordering 12 tacos for $15.49. Don’t be fooled. It’s like getting one of your tacos for free!
9. Meat, beans, and potatoes are interchangeable on the menu.
Whether you’re online, using the app, or in person, you can swap out meat for beans or potatoes.
And the reverse is true; you can get the Power Menu Bowl or the Nachos Bellgrande and substitute the black beans with meat. These swaps are totally free.
10. If you’re a T-Mobile customer, get Taco Bell freebies on T-Mobile Tuesdays.
If you’re already a T-Mobile customer, then you gotta download the T-Mobile Tuesdays app. Every week T-Mobile gives freebies, like free tacos or drinks, and $0.10 off a gallon of gas. It’s not Taco Bell every Tuesday, but last year I noticed a six-month run of free tacos. If you want to trade codes (for example, gas codes for more tacos), check out the T-Mobile Reddit thread!
11. Customers over 65 get a 10% senior discount at Taco Bell.
Just show your ID to your cashier and ask about a senior discount.
12. Get 10% off your order at Taco Bell using a discounted gift card.
Face it, you know you’re going to spend at least $50 at Taco Bell this year. Why not save yourself around 5% before you ever hit the drive-thru by buying a $50 Taco Bell gift card from Raise.com for just $47.50.
13. Swap any tortilla for a Doritos shell for $0.70.
The Doritos Locos tacos are a staple at Taco Bell, and we just found out you can swap a regular crunchy shell for a Doritos Shell on any taco or chalupa on the menu. It’s just an extra $0.70 to upgrade; you can only make this swap in store.
14. Try your order ‘fresco style’ to make any meal vegan for no extra charge.
Taco Bell offers any meal fresco style, which means any vegetarian option can be turned into a vegan one. When you order fresco style, the staff members will switch out any cheese, sour cream, mayo-based sauces, and guacamole for some pico de gallo at no extra charge.
15. Get three slush flavors for the price of one.
You can order a single slush drink and have three flavors layered on for no extra charge. It’s not available on the app, but you can order it in store and at the drive-thru.
16. Get a free Taco Bell-themed background for your next online meeting.
Taco Bell’s website offers backgrounds to use for your next Zoom. All 15 backgrounds are free, so download one today and your next virtual happy hour will have some zest.
17. Skip the drive-thru and get Taco Bell brands at your local grocery store.
If you’re craving some authentic Taco Bell at home, you can find the salad dressing, salsas, taco shells, and hot sauce they use in the restaurants at most major retailers like Walmart and Target. At less than $4 a bottle for the Southwest and Spicy Ranch Salad Dressing, it might just be cheaper to make your own taco night at home.
Here are some items and prices from the Taco Bell grocery line:
- Mild Sauce: $1.50
- Hot Sauce: $1.50
- Fire Sauce: $1.50
- Verde Sauce: $1.50
- Bold and Creamy Chipotle sauce: $1.50
- Southwest Ranch Salad Dressing: $3.49
- Spicy Ranch Salad Dressing: $3.49
- Cinnamon Nachos Dessert Kit: $2.99
- Chocolate Taco Dessert Kit: $2.99
- Mild Taco Seasoning: $0.79
- Reduced Sodium Taco Seasoning: $0.79 cents
- Ultimate Taco Night Kit: Cheesy Taco Grande: $2.99
- Ultimate Taco Night Kit: Steak & Cheese Soft Taco Kit : $2.99