We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Two kinds of people exist in this world: 1. Those who proudly admit to eating Taco Bell; and 2. Those who lie about it. Either way, you don’t want to miss out on Taco Bell Happy Hour.
If you want to find the best Taco Bell coupons and deals to save on Doritos Locos Tacos, or if you’re wondering about Taco Bell Happy Hour or the Taco Bell secret menu hacks, read on!
(Be sure to check out the KCL dining page for all the best fast food deals and coupons.)
1. Sign up for Taco Bell rewards to get a Free Doritos Locos Taco — and that’s just the beginning.
The Taco Bell Rewards is the best way to get free food items. You get a free item when you sign up for the Taco Bell rewards program, which you can redeem anytime within 14 days of sign-up. We got a free Doritos Locos Taco, a $2.99 value.
2. Get a reward for every 250 points you earn on the Taco Bell app.
Taco Bell Rewards come in two tiers: Hot and Fire. In the Hot tier, which you get when you sign up, you earn 10 points per $1 spent on the Taco Bell app or website. In the Fire tier, you earn 11 points per $1 spent. If you forget to order through the app, scan the barcode on your receipt on your app within 48 hours to get your points.
Hot lets you get one of these items free when you hit 250 points (or $25 spent):
- Bean Burrito: $1.59 — 6.36% back in value
- Chips & Nacho Cheese: $1.79 — 7.16% back in value
- Cinnamon Twists: $1.00 — 4% back in value
- Crunchy Taco: $1.69 — 6.76% back in value
- Medium Fountain Drink: $2.19 — 8.76% back in value (the best we found)
Once you’ve earned 2,000 points total, you hit the Fire Tier, which adds these items to your 250-point freebies:
- Chalupa Taco Bell Supreme: $3.89 — 15.6% back in value
- Doritos Locos Tacos: $2.99 — 11.9% back in value
- Nachos BellGrande: $4.39 — 17.56% back in value (the best we found)
- Regular Mountain Dew: $2.39 — 9.56% back in value
Tip: From time to time, Taco Bell will give you additional points for placing specific orders. Check your Rewards dashboard to see their current challenges, place the order, and get the extra points.
3. Save up to 56% on medium drinks during Taco Bell Happy Hour.
If you’re dying for that Mountain Dew Baja Blast, hang on until at least 2 p.m.
The Taco Bell Happy Hour, or Happier Hour, runs daily from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. and offers $1.00 medium drinks including Freezes, lemonade, Gatorade Fruit Punch, Baja Blasts, Pepsi fountain drinks, Sparkling Freezes, or iced tea, saving you $0.89-$1.29 per drink.
4. Save up to 34% on your favorite Taco Bell foods with some creative ordering.
Did you know you can make a Quesarito by modifying a Beefy Melt Burrito? Yeah, and it’s $1.29 less. Save up to 34% on your favorite menu items by adding the right toppings to cheaper foods. Check it out:
If you want a Quesarito (reg. $3.79)
- Order a Beefy Melt Burrito
- Ask to remove the Fiesta Strips
- Add Chipotle Sauce (additional $0.50)
Final price: $2.50, 34% savings
If you want Nachos BellGrande (reg. $5.49)
- Order the Chips & Nacho Cheese
- Order 1 Crunchy Taco Supreme
- Empty the contents onto your Chips & Nacho Cheese
Final price: $4.78, 12.9% savings
TIP: For these complicated, customized orders, download the Taco Bell app and use it to make your order. Chances are better that it’ll turn out exactly how you want!
5. Save over 50% by getting a $5.99 Taco Bell Cravings Box.
Taco Bell lets you pick four items for the Taco Bell Cravings Box for just $5.99 — via app or website. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to get this deal in person. You get to pick one item from each of the four categories:
- Classic: Soft Taco, $1.69; Crunchy Taco, $1.69; Bean Burrito, $1.69; Beefy 5-Layer Burrito, $3.59; Spicy Potato Soft Taco, $1.29
- Specialty: Chalupa Supreme, $3.99; Cheesy Gordita Crunch, $4.59; Crunchwrap Supreme, $4.99; Black Bean Chalupa Supreme, $3.49; Black Bean Crunchwrap Supreme, $4.99
- Sides: Chips & Nacho Cheese Sauce, $1.79; Cinnamon Twists, $1.00; Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes, $2.29
- Drinks: Anything except juice and Freeze drinks, $1.49 (16 oz)
This Taco Bell 5 dollar box order gets you the best value:
- Beefy 5-Layer Burrito: $3.59
- Crunchwrap Supreme: $4.99
- Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes: $2.29
- 16 oz Soft Drink: $1.49
A $12.36 value for only $5.99! That saves you $6.37 (51.5%)!
6. Enchiritos aren’t really gone; they’re on the Taco Bell secret menu.
This hybrid between a burrito and an enchilada has been a favorite since the 1970s, and Taco Bell broke a lot of hearts when they removed it from the menu.
But Enchiritos are still in the Taco Bell system through the Taco Bell secret menu, and your local taco slingers can (and definitely will) still make them for you!
Just order a Beefy 5-Layer Burrito (reg. $3.59) and add Red Sauce ($0.10).
7. If you only have $2, hit up the Taco Bell value menu.
The menu items change every few weeks, but you can always get something for $2 or less on the Taco Bell Value Menu:
- Fiesta Veggie Burrito: $2.00
- Chipotle Ranch Grilled Chicken Burrito: $2.00
- Beefy Melt Burrito: $2.00
- Cheesy Bean & Rice Burrito: $1.29
- Spicy Potato Soft Taco: $1.29
- Cheesy Roll Up: $1.00
- Cinnamon Twists: $1.00
8. Get one free taco when you order the Taco Bell Party Pack instead of 12 individual tacos.
Ordering the 12-count Taco Bell Party Pack for $18.99 is 64% less spendy than ordering a dozen tacos for $20.28. Don’t be fooled. It’s like getting a free Taco Bell taco for only $0.40 more than 11 tacos separately (reg. $18.59)!
9. One of the best Taco Bell secret menu hacks? Meat, beans, and potatoes are interchangeable on the menu.
Whether you’re online, using the Taco Bell app, or in person, you can swap out meat for beans or potatoes.
And the reverse is true; you can get the Power Menu Bowl or the Nachos Bellgrande and substitute the black beans with meat. These swaps are totally free.
10. If you’re a T-Mobile customer, get free Taco Bell on T-Mobile Tuesdays.
If you’re already a T-Mobile customer, then you gotta download the T-Mobile Tuesdays app. Every week T-Mobile gives freebies, like free tacos or drinks, and $0.10 off a gallon of gas. It’s not Taco Bell every Tuesday, but last year I noticed a six-month run of free tacos. If you want to trade codes (for example, gas codes for more tacos), check out the T-Mobile Reddit thread!
11. The Taco Bell senior discount is 5% and a free drink for customers 65 years young.
If you’re 65 or older, all you need to do to receive the Taco Bell senior discount is show your ID. Not every Taco Bell does this, though, so make sure you ask before placing your order.
This is only one of the many senior discounts you can get with your ID.
12. Keep an eye out for the Taco Bell Taco Pass — which gets you one taco per day.
Using the Taco Bell app, if you buy a 30-day Taco Bell Taco Pass for $10, you’ll get one taco a day — a Crunchy Taco, Crunchy Taco Supreme, Soft Taco, Soft Taco Supreme, Doritos Locos Taco, Doritos Locos Taco Supreme, or Spicy Potato Soft Taco.
Problem is, the Taco Pass isn’t always available. Taco Bell last offered it was March 2022, so we’re waiting for the next time we can subscribe to tacos.
We’ve got lots more food and drink subscriptions where that came from, though.
13. Get a discounted Taco Bell gift card to pay even less on your Taco Bell orders (and use them during Taco Bell Happy Hour).
If you’re going to be ordering at least $50 from Taco Bell this year, you should get a discounted Taco Bell gift card from Raise.com. This way, you’ll always be receiving a discount no matter what you order from Taco Bell. Last we checked, it gave us a 2% discount on all Taco Bell gift cards.
It’s not much, but it’s like having another Taco Bell coupon — and unlike other discounts, you can use it during Taco Bell Happy Hour.
Tip: You should also check out the Restaurant.com Dining Discount Pass to find some of the best Taco Bell coupons. For example, mine offered BOGO burritos and a free Doritos Locos taco with the purchase of a meal.
14. Swap any tortilla for a Taco Bell Doritos shell for $0.70.
The Doritos Locos tacos are a staple at Taco Bell, and we just found out you can swap a regular crunchy shell for a Doritos Shell on any taco or chalupa on the menu. It’s just an extra $0.70 to upgrade; you can only make this swap in store.
15. Try your order “fresco style” to get access to the secret Taco Bell vegan menu.
Taco Bell offers any meal (including meat dishes) fresco style, which means any vegetarian option can be turned into a vegan one. When you order fresco style, the staff members will switch out any cheese, sour cream, mayo-based sauces, and guacamole for some pico de gallo at no extra charge.
16. Get three Taco Bell slush flavors for the price of one — which is even less during Taco Bell Happy Hour.
You can order a single Taco Bell slush drink and have three flavors layered on for no extra charge. It’s not available on the app, but you can order it in-store and at the drive-thru.
17. Always get your Taco Bell delivery from Uber Eats for the cheapest delivery fees.
When we compared Taco Bell delivery prices from different areas, we found that Uber Eats has the cheapest delivery fees from third party apps.
- Uber Eats: $1.99 delivery fee.
- DoorDash: $6.99 delivery fee.
- Grubhub: $7.49 delivery fee.
18. Taco Bell jobs will get you a free meal every shift.
If you want to become a Taco Bell employee, you’ll get a free meal every shift you work as well as 25% off your purchases when you’re not working.
19. Remember, Taco Bell breakfast runs 7 -11 a.m.
When does Taco Bell stop serving breakfast? Taco Bell breakfast runs from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.
I love Taco Bell breakfast because when I’m just too late for breakfast at McDonald’s or Chick-fil-A, Taco Bell has my back; their breakfast goes until 11 a.m.
20. Skip the drive-thru and get Taco Bell sauces and more at your local grocery store.
If you’re craving some authentic Taco Bell at home, you can find the salad dressing, salsas, taco shells, and hot sauce they use in the restaurants at most major retailers like Walmart and Target. At less than $4 a bottle for the Southwest and Spicy Ranch Salad Dressing, it might just be cheaper to make your own taco night at home.
Here are some items and prices from the Taco Bell grocery line:
- Mild Sauce (7.5 oz.): $1.46
- Hot Sauce (7.5 oz.): $1.46
- Fire Sauce (7.5 oz.): $1.46
- Verde Sauce (7.5 oz.): $1.46
- Bold and Creamy Chipotle sauce (12 oz.): $1.66
- Spicy Ranchero sauce (12 oz.): $1.66
- Mild Taco Seasoning: $0.76
- Taco Night Kit: Cheesy Taco Grande: $2.52
- Taco Night Kit: Steak & Cheese Soft Taco Kit : $2.52